Recording when you go over cal goals

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I do. Unfortunately. ;/

Been over most of this last week and into this weekend, but it is there...in glaring red...for anyone to see. It helps me seee exactly what happens to keep me from reaching my goals.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I record everything i put in mouth...(most wink wink)

:D
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love all the response to my thread I record everything so I know where I go wrong. :). Nice to know so many people on here are very honest in this life change :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My only constant is inconsistency. In other words, some days I record every bite, no matter what. Other days I don't. Yesterday, for example, I was busy and didn't record anything after lunch.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I record everything, good and bad days, if I dont record the bad days I am only lying to myself:bigsmile:
  • mrsgeneric
    mrsgeneric Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I record everything i put in mouth...(most wink wink), if you dont record it there is no point. MFP is here to hold you accountable. Record all!

When i drink i mix with cans of gingerale and i leave my cans on the counter
    How ever many cans are on the counter is how much i have to log!!
    (Glad i haven't drank much this week) way too many calories lol
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am honest when I have a day where I made choices that put me over my calorie goals. It helps me to look at two things: 1.) my weekly average (as long as my week is close or under I feel good) and 2.) I track how I felt (physically and emotionally) following days that I made choices that put me over. I try to learn from it. Lying to MFP about what I actually ate or how much I actually burned doesn't make a damned bit of difference on my in-real-life body becuase it keeps a VERY accurate record!

^^ Exactly.

I've been tracking since the end of October. The only day I didn't log every single thing was Superbowl Sunday. I had gone in knowing I was gonna go over (which is fine, bc I don't go over often and I'd rather live life). The only reason everything didn't get logged was because.....I got a little too tipsy to remember everything I had eaten. Oops, lol. THAT also doesn't happen often.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When i drink i mix with cans of gingerale and i leave my cans on the counter
    How ever many cans are on the counter is how much i have to log!!
    (Glad i haven't drank much this week) way too many calories lol

THAT'S a great idea!
  • cbrooks1232
    cbrooks1232 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love all the response to my thread I record everything so I know where I go wrong. :). Nice to know so many people on here are very honest in this life change :)

Yes, see that's it exactly. I am fat for a reason and journaling honestly helps me see my specific issues very clearly. For example, allowed myself to have a cheat day yesterday and went about 550 calories over my goal.
    Of course I knew the calories were high. But by recording the foods on MFP, I could also see what that did to my nutritional intake; way too much sodium and sugar, not enough protein, potassium or calcium.

Truly an eye opener.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I do it! I'd rather be honest with myself and my pals. Plus, if I look back weeks from now and wonder why I wasn't losing or something, I could see what the hell I was doing lol
  • mrsgeneric
    Options
    I really try to but on some nights when I get really drunk (like last night oops) I lose track of everything so I just...don't. But I'm good about bouncing back pretty quickly ;)

Sorry i hit the wrong quote last time!! This is the one i ment to hit!
    When i drink i mix with ginger ale so i leave my cans on the counter! Any can on the counter is what i have to log! Thank goodness i didnt drink much this week!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I record everything. It's good to track trends over time. And as a previous poster mentioned, if there's a bump in the road I can look back and see what caused it...:flowerforyou:
  • tamikia87
    tamikia87 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes, I faithfully record everything, There is a lot of times I am over but I always record, and if Im not sure what the portion size is I make sure I record over that amount.
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Track it all....I have to be honest, to myself.:ohwell:
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I record everything, good and bad days, if I dont record the bad days I am only lying to myself:bigsmile:

^^^ This! I usually do record EVERYTHING. The moment I don't, is the moment I will start returning to my previous ways... And I DO NOT want to go there again.
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    I try and record everything even if I go to a buffet ( I know I am a bad girl sometimes) I kinda just guesstimate the calorie's, but I log them in anyway good or bad. I dad miss one log once because I was embarrassed about what I ate, but then I thought who the hell am I doing this for anyway. I need to be called out when I am slipping and how can anyone do this if they don't see it on my diary!!!:huh:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I'm recording everything, truthfully. Mel is watching me. ;D
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    quitter here. there's an old song by the Monkees.. tomorrow's gonna be another day. heyheyheyhey... I'm a big fan of 'what ever works for you.'
  • lhespinoza
    Options
    I record everything. I went over today by over 200 calories... but it keeps me accountable and makes me try harder the next day. It's a goal for me to stay under my daily goal. I don't want to get in the habit of lying to myself.
  • mrsgeneric
    Options
    Michellezano... I agree with u!! Were only doing this for ourselves
    Im not trying to impress.... Or anger... Other ppl i do it for me!
    My motto is * if it goes in the mouth it goes in the diary* no matter how little or how much