My favorite movies make me cry:

Dancer in the Dark
    The Virgin Suicides
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Breaking the Waves
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    SO many good ones here!

Add: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Steel Magnolias....every time I watch it!!!
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    Also: The Color Purple
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Some of the mentioned ones are good, but these are the two though provokers that made me cry at the end:

Donnie Darko

Pans Labyrinth - don't let the subtitles scare you away, this is one of only two subtitled films I would ever recommend, the story is so amazing there isn't much need for talking.

Pans Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies. It is so wonderful that I bought it.
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    beaches
    the champ
    the wrestler
    the notebook
    sophie's choice
    friday night lights
    kramer vs. kramer
    terms of endearment
    the pursuit of happyness
    the perks of being a wallflower
    forrest gump "sometimes, i guess there just aren't enough rocks"
    and while not a full length movie, this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4925797056266

Love the descending short to long titles here... good movies, too!
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    The Champ...:sad:
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I will let you know The Impossible left me phisicaly and mentaly strained. HEartbreaking, esspecialy if you remember 2004 tsunami :(
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I cried when Wilson floated away in Cast Away. You know a movie is well-made when you feel emotional investment in a volleyball.
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I don't see Million Dollar Baby! Now that's a tear-jerker. My wife watched it on the bus leaving for a cruise with our daughter. They both said it ruined their entire trip.
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Toy Story 3
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Bridges of Madison County had everyone in the theater sniffling...men too! Also, try "The Boost" it's an 80's drug film that haunted me for a long time.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I will let you know The Impossible left me phisicaly and mentaly strained. HEartbreaking, esspecialy if you remember 2004 tsunami :(

I just saw that movie last night. I felt drained by the end of the movie. Loved how it was directed....felt so realistic. Naomi Watts deserves the oscar nom.
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    i know it's a comedy, but Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (the newer one with Steve Carrel and Keira Knightley) made me ugly-cry like a b*tch.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I cried when Wilson floated away in Cast Away. You know a movie is well-made when you feel emotional investment in a volleyball.

Amen! :laugh:
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The Bridges of Madison County
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The documentary Dear Zachary. It completely wrecked my life for like a month.

This one was soooo hard to watch. Surprisingly it was the fathers rages that had me blubbering like a baby. That would be my husband. Such a very sad story and a shocking ending for a documentary (if you didn't see it on the news at the time). I mean what are the chances that you start shooting a documentary and then that *kitten* goes down?!?! I'm in Canada and it made me very ashamed of our legal system. The parents are amazingly strong people. I don't know how they got through it.

It's on Netflix and youtube for anyone wanting to watch it.
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Dances with Wolves
    The Painted Veil
    My Dog Skip
    Sense and Sensibility

My Dog Skip. I cry evertim.
  • taciturnity
    taciturnity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Armageddon. EVERY SINGLE TIME. I think I could watch this movie like 80 times in succession, and I would still cry.

Also: Keith, Marley and Me, A Perfect Storm.

For anyone who LOVES pets, this is the best website ever:
    DoesTheDogDie.com .. that way you can know what movies to avoid.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    My Girl.... I sob like a baby durring the funeral