5'5" Woman Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and started my journey at approx. 165lbs (I didn't get on the scale often) I now weigh 138 (135 before the holidays) and am not happy. While I am HEALTHY which is what is most important, I am not toned and would like to lose some more inches lost all over. My goal weight is somewhere between 115-125lbs depending on how I look and feel. Good luck to you!
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i am 5'5 and at the moment i am around 11 stone. I would love to be 9 and half stone. I wouldnt want to lose any more weight when i reach this goal though, as i might start to look unhealthy xx good luck with your journey
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    *BUMP* Thanks for posting this question, being 5'5" myself. I am always seeing posts for 5'1" and under groups then 5'7" and up weight goals so this really helps.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and not really sure how to describe my frame. I'm not very good at that. Anyway, I got down to 116 pounds, and I didn't look overly thin. I think after this pregnancy, I will aim from 120-125 and work more on muscle tone and definition. Even at 116 I looked pretty soft, but I was doing a lot of running, and not so much with strength training.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm a couple of inches shorter than you at 5'3" and I think I want to get down to 120, *maybe* 115. My initial goal was 125 but I have quite a small frame and I think I'd look better at a slightly lower weight. I'm bouncing around between 130 and 135 at the moment, so not too far to go!
  • jpalimpsest
    Options
    I'm 33 and 5' 4.5" with a large frame.

I used BMI and knowledge of my body type to help me set a goal. I know that I'm naturally curvaceous. (I previously lost 70 lbs without losing a single bra cup size!) I also know that in the past, I felt fairly comfortable in the 160 lbs range.

I decided that 155 lbs. is a healthy and reasonable goal. For me, that is close enough to what the medical community determined is the maximum healthy weight for my height (147.5 lbs) and well within my comfort zone as far as appearance goes.

Hope that helps. :smile:
  • lclark1970
    lclark1970 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am 42 , 5'5" and have a very small frame. Only children's rings and watches fit me. My goal weight is 120.
  • tuckervc
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 41 today. I have a medium frame and very curvy. I started at 190 and my goal weight is 150-155. Anything below that would be gravy but I am looking to maintain for life not just for now. Only making changes I can keep.
  • dinakalmanovitch
    Options
    Congratulations on the 10 already GONE....one day at a time kiddo....you are doing amazing...
  • dinakalmanovitch
    Options
    Given, it looks like by the photo, a few Mum.....try Yoga....there are LOTS of choices on GAIAMTV and you can stream on your TV through ROKU or use your laptop through the internet. That way you will gain strength and muscle, help your 'mummy-tummy' and do it when baby is sleeping .....Good Luck...
  • oldfatso2
    oldfatso2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is not for looks but so my old arthritic knee doesn't hurt when I run. I'm 64, weigh 134 today, and my goal is 125-127.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" with a goal weight of 125 lbs. I want to say I'm a medium build but I honestly have no clue. It was my high school weight and where I was most comfortable. Basically, what you see in the mirror is what's most important, the scale is a trivial number.
  • BoubouChan
    BoubouChan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5’ 4 1/2”, age 30. My goal right now is 115-118. I have a small frame but I'm very curvy (E cup). A couple years ago I maintained a weight of 110 for two years, but I don't think I can go back to that weight now that I'm older. My goal might seem kind of low, but as I said I have a most definitely *small* frame... extra weight really shows on me.
  • disiders
    disiders Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 42. I got down to 134, and I've been working out about 30 minutes a day and eating more fruits and veggies, and less carbs and junk food. I thought I should go down to128-130, but I found that this is incredibly hard to do - I'm already wearing size 6P clothes, and like how they fit on me, and I like the muscle definition that I've gotten. SO, I'm struggling with allowing myself to stop at 133-134 and being happy with where I am. 128 is just a number - nothing more. What matters is that our bodies are healthy, that we are the size that is good for our frame, and that we have learned healthier habits. So, if my body is happiest at 134 like it is now, then I'll stay here and keep the good habits. It's hard to get off of a number, but remember muscle weighs more then fat, so if I have more muscles at 134 then I would otherwise, bring the 134 on!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    my goal has been 120... I fluctuate and the lowest I have been is 124. however, I lift weights and feel like I am now staying more in the 127-129 range. don't know if this is due to weight lifting, but as long as body composition is changing for the better, the # on scale doesn't matter so much
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5' with small/medium frame. I am 35yrs old. I have a booty and I like to be around 135. I once got down to 125 and that was too light with my hip bones protruding. Even at around 130-135 I have some people who have made mention of me being too thin. But for me 135lbs gets me slim enough and leaves the jiggling in all the right places. I have currently been maintaining 140lbs for about 4months and now that the holidays are behind us, I'm ready to drop those last 5lbs. :)
    Good luck finding your happy weight!

Kazimira makes a really good point here. Your shape really dictates what your final goal will be. I'm 43 years old, 5'5" 131lbs, medium frame but I'm build very straight, no hips or butt. My weight is typically in my lower belly and well distributed everywhere else. I'm working towards 129lbs in hopes I can reduce the lower belly. So I think your end goal will be determined by how your body responds to weightloss.
  • Sierrz
    Sierrz Posts: 1
    Options
    115, it's the skinniest I can get without being underweight or doing something unhealthy.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", small framed, but with very long legs (I have a 33" inseam.) My goal is 140. I've been as low as 128 in the past, but I looked sick. My husband would start force-feeding me. lol At 155, I am comfortably in an 8. The smallest size I would want to wear would be a 6.
  • cinderoosky
    cinderoosky Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", small framed, but with very long legs (I have a 33" inseam.) My goal is 140. I've been as low as 128 in the past, but I looked sick. My husband would start force-feeding me. lol At 155, I am comfortably in an 8. The smallest size I would want to wear would be a 6.

I'm 5'5" and weigh 180. Although I'm more "plump" than I was before, I have always been very athletic and able to build muscle entirely too easy... I agree that I wouldn't want to wear smaller than a 6... plus I don't think my curvy hips would let me...

I would like to be between 140-150 but am taking it a week at a time! :)
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", and 41 yrs old. I have learned through the yrs that I am most comfortable at around 135. That is a size 8-10 for me. Under that is hard for me to maintain without having to think about weight all the time. I feel good up to 150 but once I hit that point my facial features show my weight and my body generally shows other signs of over eating and inactivity.

THIS IS ME EXACTLY !!!
    I am 5' 5" tall, but I am 50, I have set me goal weight at 135 and at the moment I am 149, as soon as I go above 150 I look and feel a lot fatter, even hough it is just a pound or two, it seems to cross an imaginary line.

But I would love to get back to my pre marital weight (32 years ago) of 125, but not sure I would look right now t my age.