1.5 months of crossfit before/after photos

Options
1235»

Replies

• fabfitme4
    fabfitme4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The pics look great. Thanks for sharing. Good for you on your progress. Keep going! :smile:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    While Crossfit might work for some people, I would not recommend it. Crossfit is a much more extreme workout than most people need or want, and has a high record of workout related injuries.

Before anyone reading these posts decides to join Crossfit, please take a few minutes to check out this article from the NY Times
    "Getting Fit, Even If It Kills You"

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/fashion/thursdaystyles/22Fitness.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

"Mr. Glassman, CrossFit's founder, does not discount his regimen's risks, even to those who are in shape and take the time to warm up their bodies before a session.

"It can kill you," he said. "I've always been completely honest about that."

Good to know! Thanks for the input. As with any sport, it has its dangers. I've read all about it and feel it is still right for me.

Ignore her, "health_gal" spends most of her time on MFP posting that same paragraph on any thread that mentions crossfit, of course she's never done it...

I second this. She's on a anti-cross-fit crusade!

Just third-ing this!

OP, you look great!
    Congrats on your progress and it's awesome that you've found the right work out for you!
    Lift on!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    that is really amazing results for 1.5 months!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ignore her, "health_gal" spends most of her time on MFP posting that same paragraph on any thread that mentions crossfit, of course she's never done it...

Well she might be an anti-Crossfit troll, but you don't need to have done something to have a valid opinion about it.

Raise your hand if you've done heroin. Now raise your hand if you think it's a bad thing to do. No, Crossfit isn't heroin, but hopefully that illustrates that you can have a valid opinion about something without ever having done it.
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • kmd613
    kmd613 Posts: 42
    Options
    Amazing results for 1.5 months! Very inspiring and goes to show how (mostly) irrelevant that number on the scale is!
  • williedaughter
    Options
    Congrats!!! I hope to have a story of some sort one day.
  • lildee55
    lildee55 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh WOW! I have been toying with the idea of going to croak fit. You just made my mind up! Great job!
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What fabulous results! Keep up the awesome job!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Boom - what a transformation!
  • Iron_Pheonix
    Iron_Pheonix Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have greatly enjoyed the motivational responses from most of you. I know Crossfit isn't for everyone (I certainly don't go around recommending it to everyone!), and we've all had different experiences with it or as a third party by our friends' experiences. That said, if you don't want to recommend it to someone, that is fine. I think that deserves its own thread though, as the purpose of this thread is to motivate others. This is a great experience for me, and that is all that this thread is about. Thanks!

Well said. Your doing awesome! Do what you love and you get results doing it.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Great job! I don't think that 29% number is right. You look more lean than that to me. Keep rocking it!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Nice, you look fantastic. Congrats on the weight and body fat loss
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You look so good! Keep doing what you're doing - it's working! :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Lovely progress.....Keep going love...
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    impressive changes! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!