What is the WORST food and nutrition advice....

Options

Replies

• Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    "You can never eat Stilton again." - in WW class a few years ago because it was a high cal cheese.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    What is the WORST food and nutrition advice...
    Anything said by any Beachbody, Herbalife, Advocare, Body by Vi, ItWorks,etc. MLM salesperson (I refuse to refer to them as "coaches" because IMO they haven't legitimately earned that title).

Yup, that is pretty much a joke isn't it!
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    There is a woman at my gym who's pushing Herbalife on me. She's especially pushing some kind of tea that supposedly burns 80 calories just by drinking it. How is that even possible?
  • mmapags
    Options
    There is a woman at my gym who's pushing Herbalife on me. She's especially pushing some kind of tea that supposedly burns 80 calories just by drinking it. How is that even possible?

Lol, it's not! But no more ridiculous than some the other claims by the MLM "coaches" around here.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That's what I figured. I looked at the label, and it's got guarana in it. Basically a very concentrated form of caffiene. I guess you could burn 80 calories fidgeting for the next 3 hours.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Anything said by any Beachbody, Herbalife, Advocare, Body by Vi, ItWorks,etc. MLM salesperson (I refuse to refer to them as "coaches" because IMO they haven't legitimately earned that title).

you're cute.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

you're cute.

And you're not really a "coach", Mr. Salesman!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Most of the recipes on the Hungry Girl website. She just combines all the fat free and sugar free items she could find at the grocery store.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Cooking with butter will make you fat.
    Eating meat will make you fat.
    Dairy will kill you.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything in the Food and Nutrition section of the forums...
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Eat less than a 1000 cal and you'll do just fine. No thanks :laugh:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Most of the recipes on the Hungry Girl website. She just combines all the fat free and sugar free items she could find at the grocery store.

Actually, she has a lot of really good recipes, you just have to know how to tweak them to make them healthier. For example, her Parmed Up Tilapia is really good, and she has awesome ideas for low cal party foods.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Have nothing but juice for 3 days and it will jump start your metabolism.
  • O2BFatNoMore
    Options
    Eat lots of rice - you don't see any fat Asians, do you?
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

you're cute.

And you're not really a "coach", Mr. Salesman!

Sure I am. Ask my clients. :) (but let's not derail the thread)
  • snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Eat as much Ice cream as you like as your body burns more calories heating it up than it gets from the Ice Cream.

Oh I wish that was true :D
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    the "3 day military diet". It recommends eating hot dogs. I find that quite weird. It has been floating around pinterest...
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My coworker heard some study about if you eat a huge, sugar-laden breakfast like donuts/waffles/cake, you won't want sweets anymore the rest of the day. I have an inkling that would work opposite for me, once I recovered from my morning sugar crash anyways.
  • fstfrd00
    fstfrd00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything in the Food and Nutrition section of the forums...

^^^
  • mmapags
    Options

you're cute.

Why thank you for the compliment but sorry, your not really my type. :blushing: