WOMEN and cooking.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I cook all the meals, make his lunches, I even log his food.

He can bbq and make scrambled eggs but that's about it.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I cook. But then, I did teach my son growing up how to cook. Now at age 21, he is a brilliant cook. He cooked for me when I was done and out after my hospitalization and colon surgery. He even cooked the Thanksgiving dinner for me. Bless that boy. :heart:
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love to cook... It's even more fun when my boyfriend and I cook together. As far as your question I think that now its nicer when its a 50/50 relationship.. Like if I get home from work and I am beat, I know my boyfriend would understand and help out by making something. Or if we are both tired just head out and buy something together. I know there are still people who believe that the woman should be the one to cook, etc. which I think is fine if she is ok with that.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Another "look at me I'm single thread"

:yawn:
    "look another attention seeker"

Yes . . . actually that statement would have worked quite well also. Thank you.
  • leahlovesroses
    Options
    Single; but I love cooking! If I was in a relationship, I would definitely cook for my man, BUT I'd hope he'd chip in every now and then too! :) Even if he's just peeling the veggies or something ;D
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I do the majority of the cooking. He does the majority of the dishes. Occasionally one of us will get sick of whatever we are doing and we switch for a bit. We are a partnership and help each other out.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    On days that I work (and my husband is home) he cooks and he's a damn good cook and enjoys doing it.

On days he works (and I am at home) I cook and i'm a damn good cook and he enjoys it, but always says it needs more garlic. :laugh:

So, we both cook.

Now, start a thread about house cleaning. :mad: :laugh: :laugh:

But seriously, I like to take care of my husband and he likes to take care of me. We don't keep a counting list on who does what. We just do what we do and move on
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I have odd views on roles of men and women. Personally, I believe I should cook for my SO because he deserves to come home to delicious meal. However, he does the dishes.

I like a good amount of "chore" sharing in a relationship. Too add though, if one of you is staying at home and the other is working, you should be doing the cooking and cleaning (doesn't matter if you are a man or women).

I really just like making him food though.... It makes me happy to see him full and satisfied. Plus he fails at cooking, but does make a mean grilled cheese :happy: .
  • leradoms
    leradoms Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My fiancee cannot cook (physically cannot stand and hold things and move around at the same time) and I love to cook, so I make all the meals in my house, including breakfast. It is the only creative thing I am good at!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    We both cook. I was studying to be a chef back in high school and just after, but sports and technology won out. I love cooking.