June 2010 - No more snacking after dinner

Options
The challenge continues! (to challenge us). If you're mad about snacking late at night, in particular on chips, popcorn and M&Ms, join us in the struggle to defeat this habit and change it to: "No more late night snacking!" Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after which tea and water only drinker. Then stick to it! and most importantly, stick to us wink, so that you get over slip-offs. Be certain that you can do it!

Here's to June and us fighting this together.

This will be a weekly thread so join at ANY time, with each of individually tallying for the month. Don't give up. One night of non-success does not scrap you for the week or the month. Make a goal, and if you overcoming one extra night a month of success, then you are a winner!

We will be starting officially tomorrow. See you there.

(For all May "no snackers", you can post your final results for the month after tonight and see what your new challenge for June is).

Replies

• edelq
    edelq Posts: 111
    Options
    Hey, I'm going to start this tomorrow too,.. I'm not a terrible one for snacking, but I do know that tea an chocolate before bed can't be doing me any good, I think it will be great for me to kick this habit!

I'm going to have my cut off time as 8.30, as I sometimes have a very late dinner, and I am going to stick to my usual way of having a small treat about an hour after dinner, eg a chocolate rice cake or a fig roll.,but after that, it;s going to be herbal teas :D
    5010 Posts: 59
    Options
    Yes and me 1st june no food after 7pm ,brill post cheers
  • Doowop57
    Doowop57 Posts: 6
    Options
    Well it's May 31st so I'll start today and get a jump start. No eating after 8 for me. I'm turning off the TV for good so that will be a big help!
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have stopped myself eating after 8pm at night and I will only have a glass of water if im thirsty or hungry. its been working for me as i work shifts and used to have alot of crap when I would finish at 10pm.
    I am finding that i am sleeping better and have alot more energy the next day.
  • PrettyPrincess2011
    PrettyPrincess2011 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in! No food after 8:30 for me. Sometimes I cant stop snacking even as late as 3,4 am, lol, but no more!
  • LaMonica140
    LaMonica140 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You know I think I will try doing this as well and maybe after dinner have a cup a tea before bed to recover from after dinner snack, lol. But I will do this as well for the month of June.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i'm in! nothing after dinner...whenever that may be.this is going to be hard but night time is the hardest when it comes to snacking so I know its going to make a difference.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try for 8p.m. this month, to lower my bed time as well. It's all a matter of planning for me.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Well in May snacks won out by 9 out of 31. So this month. I'm going to beat them by at least one and not let them get me more than 8 (hopefully less).

My cut off time is going to typically be 7:30 except on weekends IF I go out. No excuses if I stay in.

Let's get this challenge started. We can do it!
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Im sooo in! This is my biggest weakness!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Looks like I did it 25 evenings in June :drinker: Plus, the other nights weren't really bad nights, no binging - so this challenge really works! It just takes strong will at times, but it's worth it (for me, at least :smile:).
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    The worst late night snacks problem for me is when I work all night (7 pm - 7:30 am). So it's 12 hours of temptation to not eat candy, other people's dessert offerings, the vending machines, and the McDonald's downstairs. My cut off will be 4:00 am. What saves me the most is "My Rule -of not eating other food until the good stuff I bring is gone".

May was Me 24 vs Bad Snacks 7. Hoping for a lot less power from the snacks in June.

Best to all :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. This is my BIGGEST problem. I usually save calories for a snack at night, but I am finding that this is a trigger and it may be best to cut off eating after dinner.
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this group! I quit eating after dinner today! It took some willpower but then I realized that eating never makes me feel better, I just end up feeling worse b/c I ate more than I accounted for. It may sound trite, but nothings tastes as good as thin feels. When I look great, I feel unstoppable and I want this feeing all the time, not just on those occasions when I can fit into my "skinny" jeans! I know we can all do this! I wish everyone the greatest sucess! If I can just keep it up, I will be looking great for the beach this summer! Good luck to everyone!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Me 1 - Snack 0

Off to a great start.

Tonight's cutoff - 7:00 p.m.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me 1 - Snack 0

Off to a great start.

Same here, yeay! :smile: I kept looking at my watch while cooking, afraid I will miss the 8 p.m. cut off :smile:.
    Good luck with 7, lulabelle!
    nikkieliivey and juledes, welcome :flowerforyou: and good attitude!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Me 1 vs Snacks 0

Niki - I agree!! :flowerforyou: Some times even if the food is "good" for me I still feel sickish if it's too much.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    It's evening here in EST. Stay strong now girls!!!!! We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Even though I go to bed in one hour, I made it, I made it past my hard time (6-9PM) Yeahhhhhhh Hang in there girls and guys!!!!!!!!!!!
    Day 2 = complete!!!:smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Well, I let Snacks get the better of me today. Two sick kids at home and erratic schedule. But I'm just letting Snack feel comfortable before I kick its butt.

Me 1/Snacks 1

Today is a new day :happy: