Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    i-see-you-got-some-creamy-hamstrings-there-boy-mmmmmmmmmm-thumb.jpg
  • marqcutie80
    marqcutie80 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I must go to a relatively normal gym by comparison. No really bad creepers or barefoot freaks at mine! There are several annoying people who I wouldn't mind kicking in the head most days, but otherwise pretty decent. :laugh:
  • scott1111111
    scott1111111 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Could have been someone brought him to the gym so they wouldn't miss their workout and they are taking care of him. He could have Alzheimer or dementia. That would be a little more forgivable.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    So I see this old man at the gym. He is overweight, wearing khakis and suspenders, and walking with a cane. I think to myself, good for him. Until I get on the angled leg curl machine. The equipment in my gym is super close together, so when people walk by, you have to pull your legs in, or they don't have room to walk by. So I have 90 lbs on the machine, which is a lot for me. The old man goes to walk by, so I pull my legs in and hold them in. He stops directly in front of me. I tell him he has to move, cause I can't hold this weight in any longer and I will kick him. So he slowly shuffles over. I release the weights, finally, and the dirty old man reaches down, tickles my feet, and says "gitchee gitchee goo." Seriously???? Wtf!! I told him he best get his hands off me quick!

What creepy people have you run into in the gym??

I hope you reported the guy.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I have not had tat sort of stuff at my gym.

I might have kicked the guy...
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think it's' that bad and not that creepy. Yea it was a failed attempt at a joke and really should be taken as such. Really doubt he was trying to hit on you like that. Yea it's an invasion of your personal space but he could have grabbed your *kitten* instead.

Im not saying it's ok but i'd give the guy some leeway
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    No, it definitely crosses the line. Even if it is a situation where the guy did not have evil intentions or maybe is having some issues, it's no OK and should not be tolerated. That doesn't necessarily mean being combative and accusing, but someone from membership or management needs to have a gentle talk with the man. These situations never get better left unaddressed and I would suspect that in any reputable club, the management would very much like to be informed about this type of behavior.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    So I see this old man at the gym. He is overweight, wearing khakis and suspenders, and walking with a cane. I think to myself, good for him. Until I get on the angled leg curl machine. The equipment in my gym is super close together, so when people walk by, you have to pull your legs in, or they don't have room to walk by. So I have 90 lbs on the machine, which is a lot for me. The old man goes to walk by, so I pull my legs in and hold them in. He stops directly in front of me. I tell him he has to move, cause I can't hold this weight in any longer and I will kick him. So he slowly shuffles over. I release the weights, finally, and the dirty old man reaches down, tickles my feet, and says "gitchee gitchee goo." Seriously???? Wtf!! I told him he best get his hands off me quick!

You should have kicked him and gave him a need for TWO canes. A disability doesn't automatically exempt him from consequences. If it were me, next time I saw this chump, he'd meet the pavement, just cause. Leeway is for those who are afraid of taking action and direct effect of action. Random Strange People need to know up front, as long as you are alive, this shall never be acceptable.
  • JustasiaAusterus
    Options
    While I agree it definitely crosses the line if it makes one uncomfortable, I don't think violently attacking someone in retaliation is the best idea. Two wrongs don't make a right. This would be a job for management to decide.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

You should have kicked him and gave him a need for TWO canes. A disability doesn't automatically exempt him from consequences. If it were me, next time I saw this chump, he'd meet the pavement, just cause. Leeway is for those who are afraid of taking action and direct effect of action. Random Strange People need to know up front, as long as you are alive, this shall never be acceptable.

I read this, and immediately pictured the old man thief bit from *kitten*. "You'd do this to an old man?" "An old man who steals? I can't believe this."
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    In commercial gyms, old men drying themselves in the locker room, in the middle of the route between showers/toilets and main room, one foot on a central seating section, taking at least 15-20 mins to dry each ball.

Why? Really, why?

Hahaha, you wouldn't believe that stuff that happens in the female locker room.

One time at my gym, I just got out of the shower and was walking back to my locker when I saw this older lady (maybe like 55-60) with one leg propped on the bench and a handheld mirror in her hand, plucking away at her vajayjay. I was permanently scarred.

Oh my gawd. Wtf people. It's called a public bathroom bc. It's used by everyone not for people to landscape their goodies. Yuck!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    That is seriously disturbing.

My worst one was a guy that took a cell phone video of my butt while I was on the elliptical. I saw what he was doing in my peripheral vision, did a double take, and he literally RAN away. Yeah dude, that was super discreet, we're surrounded by mirrors. I was the only person in the cardio bay at that time. It made me so uncomfortable that I never went back (apartment gym)
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hmm... thoughts as they occurred: it must have been because of some mental health or age-related issue; sorry you were freaked out; yes, inappropriate; gitchee gitchee goo is actually a pretty funny little phrase (though it obviously was off-putting to hear); I think your giving way was natural for a kind person, especially a female kind person, but I think he might have responded to your response to him, and I wonder what would have happened if you'd just ignored him and carried on; yes, let management negotiate this if you see him again.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    As an old man myself who has never been to a gym, I see now I've been missing something, I will join straight away :laugh:

Joking apart, I've found being old gives you a certain leeway to say things (which I do ocasionally to be controversial) or do things (which I don't) which a younger person can't get away with. There have to be some benefits to age, it's pretty sh1tty otherwise, and if we're lucky we all get there in the end. It is better than the alternative though.......

Still the old guy in the OP's story is just out of order and needs to be told so, directly. Not sure about assaulting or reporting though.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I really don't think this is that bad, I find it quite hilarious actually.
  • WeightlossBoo
    Options
    Never had an old man perv over me, but I had a young man with learning difficulties tell me once that I had a nice rack while I was on one of the weights machines. To this day I still don't know if he was talking about my breasts or weight selection! :laugh:
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I'm sure you wanted to slap the guy. I hope you don't see him again.
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Sorry, at first I had to laugh!! Now that's absolutely horrible and you should report him!!!!
  • spiritedsaviour
    spiritedsaviour Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    In commercial gyms, old men drying themselves in the locker room, in the middle of the route between showers/toilets and main room, one foot on a central seating section, taking at least 15-20 mins to dry each ball.

Why? Really, why?

Hahaha, you wouldn't believe that stuff that happens in the female locker room.

One time at my gym, I just got out of the shower and was walking back to my locker when I saw this older lady (maybe like 55-60) with one leg propped on the bench and a handheld mirror in her hand, plucking away at her vajayjay. I was permanently scarred.

Ewwwww at what point do people think this sort of thing is acceptable in front of other people!?! Closet exhibitionists should stay in the closet!!!!!!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Im gonna be a dirty old man one day ;) hahahahah