Heartbreaking Films

Options

Replies

• Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    The documentary Dear Zachary. It completely wrecked my life for like a month.

^^^ This
    and:
    Things behind the sun
    The West Memphis 3 Documentaries
    Changeling
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Gosh there's so many Steel Magnolias @ the funeral. Ps I love you.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sweeney Todd
  • kyleesartwell
    Options
    The most recent movie that I cried in was Winter's Bone. It was on Lifetime recently and Ree's determination and guts made me cheer for her then the scene at the end where her little sister was playing the banjo on the porch had me in tears.
  • patmegkaren
    patmegkaren Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My sister's keeper!
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The VOW.... I know Nicholas Sparks sets out to make people cry, but this left me blubbering and saying "WHY, Nicholas Sparks, WHY?!"

Prince of Tides ....it's old but I cannot deal with the suffering those children were put through

Radio Flyer.... again its the child abuse
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    young victoria. milk.

i saw both of them by myself and had to sit and compose myself in the theater once they were over so i could actually be seen in light. oh, the tears.
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Titanic (Lenoardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet) --- heartbreaking but my heart will go on

The Notebook (Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams) --- i wish she'd just remember him

A Walk to Remember (Mandy Moore) --- he was her miracle

Hachi: A Dog's Tale (Richard Gere) --- based on a true story. A sad but sweet story between a man and his best furry friend. The man dies but the dog continues to wait for him to return. The ending is kinda happy :)

The Flowers of War (Christian Bale) --- based on the 1937 war between China and Japan when Japan invaded China. A tragic story about the innocent but brave casualties of war

Les Miserables (Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway,...) ---Another tragic story. I dreamed a dream was heartbreaking to listen to!
  • Kerilynnda
    Kerilynnda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Catch and Release
    The bucket list (this one I sobbed for almost an hour afterwards)
    The boy in the striped pajamas
    Marley and me
    Haichi
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Umm. The ending of Toy Story 3.

:laugh:
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I dont cry in too many moveis however the I cried like a baby in was The Champ - Jon voight and Ricky Schroder(1979)

For those Dad's that have little boys, bring the tissues.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Anyone who did not cry at the end of Star Trek 2: The wrath of Kahn is completely heartless.
  • amysteri
    amysteri Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add this to my list! This part always gets to me!

The Lion King - When Mufasa died

LongLivetheKing.jpg
    tumblr_lz42vxwGet1qhc0s3o1_500.jpg
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

^^^ This
    and:
    Things behind the sun
    The West Memphis 3 Documentaries
    Changeling

Ah, i remember watching Paradise Lost (1st WM3 documentary) when I was young, I couldn't get it out of my mind. I'm so happy that they are free now. It just shows that people don't forget.
  • 0verdandi0
    Options
    Haachi: a dogs tale. if you can watch that entire film without crying all the way through it you are officially heartless
  • SwimFan1981
    Options
    Haachi: a dogs tale. if you can watch that entire film without crying all the way through it you are officially heartless

I daren't watch this one...I know it will break my heart, I couldn't even manage the IMDB description without crying :laugh:
  • Reza151
    Options
    Forgot to add this to my list! This part always gets to me!

The Lion King - When Mufasa died

LongLivetheKing.jpg
    tumblr_lz42vxwGet1qhc0s3o1_500.jpg

WHY WOULD YOU POST THE PICTURES!? All you had to do was say Lion King and I'm sure at least 80% of the forum would've understood what part! That's why I never liked Lion King (or Bambi) growing up. I preferred movies with happy endings.

Though now that I'm older, I like the ones that end sadly when I need a good cry, to remind myself that things could always be worse. Speaking of which I really need to see Les Miserables. I hear that there's rarely a dry eye in the theatre....
  • Reza151
    Options
    Also, it's not a film, just a three part Doctor Who episode but it makes me tear up and hate Steven Moffat and Russel T. Davies for their cruelness:

When the Doctor thinks he will survive the Ood's prophecy and then he hears the knock, knock, knock, knock. And you see Wilf's sad expression on his face as he's locked in the radiation chamber, and you realize, the Doctor is going to die to save Wilfred, rather than die at the hands of the Master as one would expect (since the master constantly hears the knock knock knock knock drumbeat).
  • SwimFan1981
    Options
    The Pianist! I watched it recently.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    My sassy girl and the classic. Korean movies...