Over 40, and struggled for years, found my boost finally!

Replies

• I'm 43 and very motivated to stay on track on this journey for better health. Feel free to send a friendship request.
  • sherry1214
    sherry1214 Posts: 3 Member
    I am 48 and lost 15, I want to losse another 23. I gained a pound back this month. I to a weight mamnagement place through my husbands medical. I need to go back in and see why i gained a pound. i had lost 4 in January. We can all use support.

Sherry
  • tdotgirl
    tdotgirl Posts: 95 Member
    I'm 48 and soon to be 49 motivated to stay on track for healthly fit living. Feel free to send a friendship request.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Almost 43 and down about 25lbs total from my peak, most of that in the last few months. I'm using Tim Ferriss' Slow Carb diet (essential Primal with beans added) and using a bunch of online tools to track progress. This site for calorie and measurement tracking. In addition to weight I use a tape measure to measure both arms around the bicep, belly around the navel, hips, and both thighs. Sometimes when weight doesn't change, the other measurements do so you know the plan is still working.

i also use a site called DietBet to help keep motivated. You join a bet and pay something (usually $50) and have to lose 4% of bodyweight in a month. Those who do split the proceeds of the best minus Dietbet's cut. Having money on the line REALLY keeps you focused.

Also doing the Couch To 5K plan to get back into a running groove. Loving it all so far.
  • Have been at this for a little bit, weight is coming off slower, but I am determined to complete this. I would love fabulous over 40 friends. I think we understand each others struggles a little better and we can offer support and tips to one another.
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    I just turned 40 and after college I didnt transition well. I gained weight and never stopped. So, now I'm about 80lbs over weight. It's not because I have children. I just didn't integrate physical activity and eating well in my life. I just started my career, worked, and ate what I wanted. I haven't learned how to put the best of both worlds together, yet. But I refuse to give up.

Add me as a friend if you want.
  • cpope
    cpope Posts: 5
    Started MFP in January, I've only lost 4 lbs even though going to the gym 3 times a week. Blowing it on the weekends I guess so I could use all the encouragement I can get. I will recepicate. Please add me as a friend and we can all encourage each other!!
  • Angie52732
    Angie52732 Posts: 66 Member
    Hello all! I will be 49 in July. I have been up and down my entire adult life - never getting below 180. I hit my all time high of 295 December 2010. I started watching things a bit over the next several months and got down to about 285. July 2011 I walked into a boot camp facility in my area and haven't looked back. It kicked my *kitten* and no one in there right mind would have gone back a 2nd time after the 1st session I had. But I did and I kept going. I am now down to 235 - had gotten to 220 but life obstacles from August last year got in my way (18 year old son broke his arm requiring surgery and 2 weeks later husband was admitted to hospital for stroke level blood pressure problems - it has taken almost 4-6 months to get him regulated to where he is starting to feel human again - and I let myself slide). I work 40+ hours at my paying job and we own a plumbing company and I manage the bookwork for that along with any after hour service calls. I did not miss much boot camp during that time, but didn't focus on the eating.

I am back on track - have been logging my foot on here for the last week and have upped the exercise. I still have about 70-80 lbs to lose and would love some extra friends.

It's amazing how it has taken us so long to finally find our boost or confidence to finally get this under control. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Angie
  • If I have missed adding anyone, please send me a request,. I lost track, sorry, I'm hoping this will be a safe Site free from critisim and harsh expectations, where we can talk freely without ridicule. I'm so excited to have so many friends join :)
  • ryckryck
    ryckryck Posts: 8 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm 48 and looking for a support group.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    I Am 47 and started diet and exercise for a month. Just joined this forum 2 days ago. Lost 10 lbs and 20-30 to go. Looks like a good bunch of people. Enjoy my new found body. Way more energy than before.started at 205 got down to 195, want to get to 175.
  • Would love to. i am new to this how do I add friends?
  • TEEPEE40
    TEEPEE40 Posts: 8 Member
    Same here! In my 40's struggled and now feeling like I'm back on track.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    I'm almost 38, is that close enough??
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Will be 41 this year and struggled and yoyo'd for years. Feel free to add me... :)
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Hi!! I'm 43, and a working mom of 2. I have lost 20lbs, but still have a long way to go 'til goal. I've kind of stalled out and would love some new ideas, support, motivation!!! Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • 44 here and want to be a hottie granny before I turn 45 in a couple of months, anyone serious about losing and wanting to buddy up for motivation and encouragement, feel free to add me
  • Hello MFP friends, I'm turning 38 (mentally i'm in my 40s) and find the magic of being good to myself off and on. Today I saw an article that stated something like "Im sorry to my body for abusing it." Just those words made an impact on me, for now.:smile:
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Hi! I am 43, have just one child, work a full time job and need to lose somewhere between 60 - 70 pounds. Taking it one day at a time. Discovered a phen-phen supplement about 14 years ago and the weight just flew off. Umm, didn't stay that way. So now I have found Zumba (LOVE!) and I'm earning every lost pound the hard way! Says I've lost 14 but I am closer to 20 because I was in denial when I started and actually weighed 5 more pounds than what I input! Good luck on your journey!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    I am 41 and have lost 80 lbs. over the last 2 years...I am basically on a fitness journey now as my weight is pretty much staying the same. I would love to have some others that are serious about fitness and will help to motivate me and that I can help motivate. I workout at least 5 days a week and love running!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Anyone is welcome to add me. 134 pounds since July 1st.
  • Sent you a request :smile: Let me know if u need help with anything.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    48 and proud but will be prouder when i reach my perfect self xx
  • 48 this year. Struggle mostly due to stress. Exercising 6 days a week. Sticking to around 1000 cals daily. It's working now. Don't be a slave to the numbers on the scale - that's a hard one to follow. I just keep my measurements and have a body composition done every now and again to keep me motivated that everything is going in the right direction. MFP has been a real find. Glad to be part of the group!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    I will be 40 in August. I have a few short term goals that will get me to my ultimate goal by August or soon after. I was always a thin child and adult until 25. My mom died, had a miscarriage and just started being an emotional eater. Well I am ready to completely let go of this weight. I have only lost 8 pounds so far and some inches. I would have been depressed if it wasn't for those before and after pics I took. I do not want to go into my 40's being obese. I do Zumba 5-6 days a week and walk the other 1-2 days. I have recently gone from 30-40 min of exercise to 60 min. I hope to keep the motivation to get to my goals. Good Luck to everyone. :wink:
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    56 - soon to be 57 and working to be a Fabulous Fifty something! Let's do this!!!
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    I'm still in my 40s (just) so will be sending a friend request and, hopefully, we can keep each other motivated :)
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    In my 40's as well
    feel free to add me
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Am 48 and started this journey at beginning of this month. Already seeing progress.
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    I will be turning 56 in March and losing weight is harder in my 50's than it was a decade ago. I guess it is muscle loss. I would love to join a group of people that are ready to lose and keep each other motivated.