1100 calorie diet + 5 days a wk at gym =NO WEIGHT LOSS!! GR

Options
124»

Replies

• thernes1
    Options
    I had the same problem, so did some research . . . it said eat at least 1200 a day, drink more water and eat fiber. I started doing all three - and kept up with the gym (Zumba and eliptical) five to six hours a week - and the weight is now coming off, along with the inches. Don't give up . . . you can do it!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You are NOT EATING ENOUGH.

You should be eating about what your calorie burn is daily (say, 2,000 calories per day), minus 500 calories per day (1,500, for example), to lose 1lb per week.

If your body needs 2,000 calories per day, AND you work out 5x a week, burning 700 calories per day, that's 3,000 calories per week for working out, you are already eating at a level of 1,500 calories per day (2,000 - 500 calories per day average for your work-out.)

So if you are eating 1,100 calories per day, minutes that same 500 calories per day average, work-out, then you are actually only taking in 700 net calories per day, which is NOT enough to support your body long-term.

I was working out 3-4 times a week, and burning an average of 2,800 calories in exercise per week (500x3, plus a 1,200-1,300 calorie workout on the weekend), and eating 1,500 calories per day.

So, 1,500 calories per day (which turned out to be 900 calories per day to few for me), minus another 400 calories per day, I was effectively eating 1,100 calories per day, or, less than HALF what my body needed to function well.

IE, I was in "starvation mode"

Within 2 weeks of INCREASING my calorie intake from 1,500 calories per day to 2,300, I immediately (over the course of the next six weeks) lost another ten pounds. I changed nothing else.

Believe it or not, it's real, and it's true. My results speak for themself.

-BootJockey
  • thedaughterthat
    Options
    You're gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat. If you will look at yourself, I bet you'll like what you are seeing because you understand what is happening now. Relax and just let it happen.
  • Belliny
    Options
    I don't think you are eating enough...and you might be losing inches instead of weight. It is not healthy to eat anything less than 1200 calories a day. do the harris benedic equation and lower it by 500 or 1000 and you will see how many calories you should be eating to lose weight. good luck
  • Belliny
    Options
    I agree 100%!!!
    Ask your trainer if she knows what BMR and TDEE are - if she doesn't you need a new trainer!
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I fill my calories and workout at night -after all food has been eaten.

My trainer has me on this meal plan. I've got one more week on it and then she said we would talk after that.

I have lost inches, but I did that BEFORE i started the meal plan. From Nov- end of Dec, i lost 1 inch in my waist and no less than 1/4 of inch every where else. So thats good and all... but i want to see the scales say it!! VERY FRUSTRATING!

I am weight training, but only low weights. I lift no more than 25lbs anywhere.

No carbs -no softdrinks -only green veggies - no salt -no sauces -no dressing on salads. All i eat is freakin chicken.. cause i just can't do fish.

no offense to you, but you need a new trainer. Your trainer doesn't sound like they have any nutritional education. You have been given some good advice on this thread.

The Roadmap:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/
    654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Eat more, ditch the scale and take measurements
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't know about your trainer... thats not enough calories to lose weight. Your body is probably in starvation mode. Up your calories by a couple hundred and I bet you see immediate results.
  • vkw1
    vkw1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Correction:
    1lb of MUSCLE vs. 1lb of FAT still weighs 1lb. MUSCLE simply takes up less space than FAT.
    finally someone who gets it