Things you hate people say about working out

Options

Replies

• bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    "I don't have time".

You probably spend a good couple hours a day watching TV and/or surfing the internet. I can almost assure you that you can squeeze in an intense 20-30 minute workout a few days a week.

"Eating healthy food is too expensive".

Only if you're replacing your unhealthy processed food with "healthy" processed food. If you actually cook your own food you will save a ton of money over both options and you really won't spend any more time making some rice with meat, sauce and veggies than you would making a box of rice a roni.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't lift wieghts your gonna get bulky

Or this little gem here

You should lose your weight with cardio then weight train so you don't turn your fat into muscle and stay big.........:huh:

Women should only do cardio

Lifting weights won't help you lose weight
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    my metabolism is down because I'm old. NO! its because you don't work out.

Or

I get my exercise chasing after my kids.. Unless you ran a mile after them you did not.

I use my nephew all the time to exercise. at 35 lbs he makes for great at home weights!
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    i hate when people comment on me going to the gym too much! and Its the same people who pay for a gym membership and hardly ever go. I go 4-5 days a week right after work and they are like: "You're going AGAIN *eyeroll*? You're going to kill yourself"
    No I'm going to kill my fat, lazy *kitten*, DONT HATE
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    How about when people say "Oh, I wish I had the time to work out as much you do...but I'm just so busy"

....as if I'm getting up at 4:00 in the morning because its so much fun and because I'm not busy enough!
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    "It's too hard for me."

Well, duh. Nobody starts anything and finds it EASY. You have to work up to being like those insane weight lifters, or marathon runners, or Jackie Chan. If you never start because it's hard, it can never get easy.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    How about when people say "Oh, I wish I had the time to work out as much you do...but I'm just so busy"

....as if I'm getting up at 4:00 in the morning because its so much fun and because I'm not busy enough!

Yes. I currently know someone like that. She says she just doesn't have time. Yet watches more TV then I care to mention.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    After years of hearing unsolicited "advice" I came up with a standard reply

"If I wanted to look like you, I'd work out like you"

That is so badass. I'm totally stealing that one! :laugh:
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I can't stand people who whine about it then wonder why their fitness isn't improving
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Any use of the word 'tone'.

There is this girl i know who always claims to lift heavy, but all she does is peck deck, bicep curls, and side bends in the aerobics room. She tags herself at the gym saying "Meet me at the bar, bro." She has never even touched a barbell. (I see her a lot)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    From slim people: "I'm lucky, I don't need to exercise." :noway:

And: "What's the best exercise?" The one you enjoy doing enough to stick to, and that can change all the time!
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    "But you'll lose your boobs!!!" So you'd rather have a big belly to make your big boobs look smaller?
  • mmrp79
    mmrp79 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    "You can't show up the the gym in a full face of makeup and your hair all done and get a good workout in."
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I hate it when my morbidly obese doctor tells me I have to lose weight (already doing that), I have to take cholesterol pills (we'll see about that) and that I need to stop running.
  • mariodog1
    mariodog1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. When I go to the gym I mean buisness. I don't care how i look as long as i get a good workout.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    "I'm allergic to sweating"...yes I did hear this...from a lame *kitten* cycle instructor who never does the work.

omg I actually met this girl from a different hot climate country and she said the exact same thing. That she is allergic to sweating and she faints all the time if she sweats.

This isn't completely untrue. My dad is actually allergic to his own sweat. He breaks out in a huge, ugly rash when he sweats alot. (i.e. It's 100+ degrees outside, or working out.) His doctor told him he was allergic due to his liver problems.

when i sweat I turn bright bright red. It's an allergic reaction to working out, it releases histamines. I am on a 24-hour dosage of allergy meds and it helps a little but I still look like I was left out in the sun too long.
  • mmrp79
    mmrp79 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

"You can't show up the the gym in a full face of makeup and your hair all done and get a good workout in."

^^Same here...I either work out during lunch or right after work^^
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say, "It is 80% diet and 20% exercise". First, did you or someone else do statistical research on this? If so where is the evidence? Second, this statement says to me that nobody has to exercise. I find the physical fitness aspect of losing weight to be the key to looking how you want and burning up calories quickly. You can only restrict your intake so much before the pressures of hunger and socializing get to you. You can, however, exercise quite a bit and enjoy a multitude of other benefits.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Women: Let's go do some toning exercises.

Men: (on leg day) Let's go do chest or back.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • joyzeejay
    joyzeejay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    After years of hearing unsolicited "advice" I came up with a standard reply

"If I wanted to look like you, I'd work out like you"

OMGOOOOOSH!!! I LOVE it!!!!! I'm using it!!