do you work out infront of your other half?

Options

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I did the first day of 30 Day Shred together and it was NOT PRETTY for anyone involved hahaha. But it was fun. We always go to the gym together as well. We've been together for 4 years now so we don't really get embarrassed anymore.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I can NOT work out around my Fiance. We have been living together for 4 years - and like many have said - he's seen me in just about every... um... position... there is. You'd think it wouldn't bother me, but it DOES. There is a difference for me. Sometimes being a hot, sweaty mess with the Mr. is hot, sweaty, and sexy.

Other times - being a hot sweaty mess is just gross. :sick: I don't want him to see me out of breath, red in the face, dripping sweat coming out of every pore in my body, fat thundering around while I do jumping jacks, or seeing me fail on the last set of pushups - all while making ugly beastmode faces. :angry: Ain't no way in hell.

When I work out at home - I literally LOCK the bedroom door so he can't get in. Plus, it's more fun for me *and* him to see the *end result* of what I learned in Yoga - not all the weeks it took trying. :blushing:
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. He is my favorite workout partner. I only wish our schedules allows us to do it more. We push each other. I want to impress him so I like to out perform his friends... lol. Even if it kills me! Try it, it will be a big motivator!
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    We work out together. I love it because we do it for health reasons, not looks and it is a good motivator. Plus we hold each other accountable.

However, we usually get distracted by each other's sweaty bodies

HA! :)
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love working out with my girlfriend, she is training for a half marathon so a few time a week I get to run with her, and once in a while she will come to the weight room with me. Which i think is the coolest thing in the entire world. I know we have differnt fitness goals and lift at differnt weights but the fact that she will take the time to be apart of something i love doing and she will let me be apart of somethign that is so important to her is awesome to me. I even bought her, her own lifting straps in her favortie color for valentines day (dont worry ladies i got her flowers, chocolate, and jewelry too.. im not dumb :) )
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    All the time. I work out with him sometimes at home. He's more into the P90X and martial arts which aren't exactly my interests, but sometimes I'll join him when he does P90x. He has seen me exercise so many times. He has seen me after two operations, during and after childbirth so being a sweaty mess while exercising is not a big deal for me. I actually wish I could work out more often with him because he's very supportive.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Does my spin bike count as watching me work out while on my rowing machine ?
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Dont have an other half :( so nope haha

But if i did have one, i would work out in front of them.
  • bserwack
    bserwack Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I first started out, I refused to work out in front of him. No that I am more confident about it we work out together or go on hikes a couple times a week. Sometimes I even drag him to my yoga class!
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yes, I walk on our Bowflex Treadclimber T20 in front on my husband since it is in the same room as our television. :smile:
  • runlisaloo
    runlisaloo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We go to the jogging park or to the gym together, and then we do our own thing. I love to see him there working hard and being all fit and everything! He's an inspiration to me, and I'm so proud of him. One day we shot hoops together. I'm the worst, and he's the BEST, but we laughed and really had fun. The next day he said that I had a phone call. He said the NWBA called and heard I really had some moves, and they wanted to talk with me. I fell over laughing. He cracks me up so much. I still laugh when I think about this.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine not working out with my husband or without my husband in he room. He's my best friend and we live in a small house. .
  • gkozub
    gkozub Posts: 22
    Options
    I do, we sometimes go to the gym together and I'll often do workout videos while he watches. He encourages me and I like it when he gives me tips as I'm doing it.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I never used to workout in front of my BF. I think it was just insecurity. Now that we have been living together for 2 years, if you dont want to see me sweat my butt off in the living room, go sit in the bedroom.
  • runlisaloo
    runlisaloo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We also go to yoga together. He's really good at it.
  • Adaphine
    Options
    Oh heck no!!! I can't even work out in front of my kids. I am way too self concious for that. If I do work out at home, I do it behind closed and locked doors with no one home. If I hear some one come home, the locked door gives me time to stop and compose myself. Silly, I know but I can't do it with them around.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    He works out at the firehouse and I go to the Y.

We will walk, ride bikes etc. together as a family.

I don't think I would like hearing what he has to say either :wink:
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I would like to workout with him, he isn't interested. I'm on my own for now. Yup....I know... it sucks.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    This thread is just a bitter reminder that I am forever alone.

4zylhc.jpg

But...but...your username is a Soilwork song...*****es love the Gothenburg sound!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    me and my husband will be doing insanity together.....we used to run together lol im to slow for him he is in the army and his walk is my jog so that didnt work but insanity will be better so we are eating the same and on the same track i need him for workout time and he needs me to make the food lol