Replies

• trance79
    trance79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar and bleu cheese crumbles yum yum
  • Reenimal
    Reenimal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use salsa sometimes, like with a Chipotle salad, or I use lemon or lime dressing, high lignan flax oil (tons of good Omega 3s) and a few sprags of Braggs Liquid Aminos (a yummy healthy smoky soy sauce taste). The best homemade dressing I ever made.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I mash up avocado, mix in apple cider vinegar, a crushed garlic clove, salt and pepper.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Wishbone Superfruit Berry Vinaigrette :) It's yummy and for not being a "lite" dressing, it's low calorie.
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Renees Ravin Raspberry. If you are in Ontario, Canada, Yummies in a Jar viniagrettes are all delicious and fat free with minimal ingredients.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Fresh squeezed lemon.
  • BuffedMan
    BuffedMan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of Walden Farms dressings, available in the refrigerated produce area. Ranch, Honey Dijon, Balsamic, they have no calories, no sugars, no carbs, no gluten, no high fructose corn syrup and not a list of unpronounceable chemicals. I honestly don't know how they do it, other than flavorings and thickeners added to water. The taste alone is good, but I use them as a base and doctor them with spices. I add tarragon to the Ranch and use it as a coleslaw dressing, and I add curry and cumin to the Honey Dijon for a real pop of flavor over grilled chicken and salad. Try them also as a veggie dip the next time you want a munch and crunch session -- guilt free!
  • Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use 1tsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of EVOO, and a couple grinds from a seasoning grinder. So yum!
  • tdawg875
    tdawg875 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Marie's Raspberry vinaigrette
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar and olive oil <3
    This and I eat salads at least 8 times a week
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Annies Lite Goddess.. yum.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I like the Fat Free Catalina
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    light balsamic vinegrette, cider vinegar and olive oil, or lemon juice. Sprinkle dillweed on your salad for something different.
  • KKWilson
    KKWilson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is my all time favorite salad!!!

Strawberry and Roasted Chickpea Salad with a Cinnamon Vinaigrette

8 cups mixed baby greens
    1 batch Pumpkin Spice Roasted Chickpeas (see below) or 2 cups cooked chickpeas
    2 cups strawberries, halved
    1/4 cup fresh mint, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted

2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    2 tbsp lime or lemon juice (I used 1 lime)
    1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp ground ginger
    pinch salt
    4 drops stevia, or your favourite sweetener, to taste
    4 tsp hazelnut oil, or your oil of choice

1. Begin by making the pumpkin roasted chickpeas if you haven’t already (see below).

2. Make your dressing by combining the vinegar, lime juice, mustard, cinnamon, ginger, salt and stevia. Whisk in the oil slowly to create an emulsified dressing. Set aside until serving.

3. Plate the lettuce, top with the chickpeas, strawberries, mint and almonds. Drizzle with the dressing.

Serves 2-4.

Sounds unbelievably delicious!! Gonna try! Thanks for sharing.
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Safeway carries an Asian Sesame dressing made by Open Nature that is absolutely fabulous and low in fat and calories. I like to put it on cabbage, romaine, chicken with almond slices and a few wonton strips. It is FABULOUS!
  • Ryanmariem
    Ryanmariem Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love Italian dressing....

Vinaigrettes are also very good too... vinegar in general has a lot of health benefits.

I like to make sure to have clean ingrediants w/any salad dressing and have some type of healthy oil, like olive oil as the fat is what helps you to absorb the nutrients of the veggies in your salad.

I try to stay away from the creamy dressings....just unnecessary calories.... and watch out for the artificial sweetners in the "light" versions, also watch out for the high fructose corn syrup... soo not good for you!
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sesame Oil and Rice Vinegar

Salsa

Mozzarella Cheese
    or
    Feta Cheese

Cheese instead of dressing is a big hit in my house.
  • chowbellanj
    chowbellanj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a big fans of the Bolthouse brand dressings. They are refrigerated in the produce section. If you have access to a Trader Joes I love their cilantro dressing.