To all you mothers out there...

Options

Replies

• primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear "oh, he is 27 months." He's two will do just fine. He's not aged cheese. And I didn't care in the first place. - Thanks for letting me rant.
    I hear you. I hate when people don't automatically know what my personal preferences and communication style are before I speak to them. Don't they know how important I am? Geesh!

^^this with bells on! Oh, how I love you!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Why would you ask if you didnt want to THEIR answer... Also, if you care so much how their age is said MAYBE you should avoid talking to women with kids...bc that will be the LEAST of your worries.

Also clothes go by 6 months, 18 months and so on until about 2T.
    Also some doctors ask for age in months under a certain age because of vaccinations that may be needed.

But.... enjoy the rant.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    When I ask how old your toddler is, I don't need to hear "oh, he is 27 months." He's two will do just fine. He's not aged cheese. And I didn't care in the first place. - Thanks for letting me rant.

Yeah, sorry that math hurts your brain. If you don't care, don't ask. It wasn't so much a "letting you rant" as you decided to word vomit on an unrelated forum.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm also guessing the reason this was addressed to mothers by the OP is that this happens when he's attempting to pick up mothers assuming they are single. If some guy asked me my kids age I'm probably not going to handle it very well.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Wow...you're a keeper.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    and when i ask you how many windows you licked, i don't want to hear how many panes of glass you licked. 1 window could be 12 panes of glass. And I don't really care anyway.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    After 18 months, it was "she's almost 2."
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i don't care how old someone's kid is either, you know what works for me? not even acknowledging their existance.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I said the month things up until she was 18 months and from then on it was almost 2 or whatever...I can't imagine saying 27 months. After 2 that just seems weird to me! ;)
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    After my boys turned a year....I got super excited because I could stick with the same freakin number for an entire year!!!!!!!!!

This is totally how I felt!!! Now I will add on the half, but thats it!
  • Nemoturtle
    Nemoturtle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I hate when people don't automatically know what my personal preferences and communication style are before I speak to them

lmao

Also, like so many have said - if you're not interested, don't ask ;)
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    ...then why the eff did you ask? Duh.
  • Denise048
    Options
    If you didn't care in the first place ...why ask?
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Also, you forgot to quote to Comedian who wrote that joke. George Carlin.
  • HealthyNowForever
    HealthyNowForever Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    People do this with weight loss too. Some say, "I have been at this for 26 months", others say, "I have been doing this for about 2 years." Some people see every little month as a milestone and I have no problem with it whether they are talking about kids, weight loss, school, career. If a month is a big deal to them, who am I to tell them just say 2 years next time.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    There's a huge difference between 24 months and 35 months. Both are 2 years old, but a 24 and 35 month old have huge differences between them. It can be easy for people dealing with children to continue using months just to deal with these differences. We don't purposely (for the most part) carry it into casual conversation. It's just natural.

Thanks for spelling that out. It's tough to imagine sometimes how unaware some people are of the developmental stages of their own species.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My daughter just turned 1, and she will stay being one until she's a 1 1/2. I hate the months thing too.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I only counted months until the clothes reached T2-4, then I started counting in years as there was no more reason to remember the months.

Though my daughter has always been super slim and tall so finding any clothes that fit was a real task. She is 4 and has to wear 5 year old clothes sinched in the waist :laugh:

But really if you don't care, don't ask.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Also, you forgot to quote to Comedian who wrote that joke. George Carlin.

joke stealing on the internet is one of my biggest pet peeves. it happens on twitter all the time.

at least give credit.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

MjAxMi0zYTZlODhlYmU0Yzg3MDFl.png

ummmmmm 16 months would equal ONE and a QUARTER years old. And, really, after 18 months it is kind of goofy to be talking about months.

But, when they are 6 and it's half way to their next birthday, don't you DARE forget to say 6 and a HALF! My 6 year old blasts me on that one every single time!!