Lose 5 Pounds a Month- June 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• caropowell
    caropowell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am going to get back to my exercise plan of working out at least 5 days a week. I also need to increase my water because I definitely am "hungrier" when I don't drink at least 8 glasses a day. As far as food goes, I am trying to get back to a modified (less strict) version of the diet I had to follow when I had gestational diabetes. I find that my body reacts well when I follow a Zoneish/Diabetic diet.

MFP SW 1/4/10: 197.4
    6/1/10: 167.3
    GW for 6/30/10: 162
    Ultimate goal weight: 145
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    I definitely am on board with this.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am in.... only 17 lbs left to loose :)
  • Bthack
    Bthack Posts: 48
    Options
    Count me in!! I would like to loose 25 lbs!!!

I too started the couch 2 5k today and im hoping that extra little cardio will give me a good push (I'm also doing Jillian Michaels slim down)

CW 160

GW 135

LETS DO IT!
  • Ralu19
    Ralu19 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! It is a very rainy and cold day here in Vienna, Austria. Hard to believe it is actually june.

So, my goal for june is to lose at least 5 pounds. I generally work out a lot (almost every day), but without dieting, the number on the scale will not go down.
    That's why I am planning to reduce the carbs to a minimum, that seems to always do the trick in my case.

My biggest problem is to control myself not to eat or snack in the evening when i come home. It is not hard to stay disciplined during the day, evenings are hard - when you just want to relax, reward yourself after a hard long day...

so, have a great day everyone! looking forward to losing those pounds together!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm back in for another month!
    I had great plans to start calorie cycling yesterday ( Tuesday would have been a low cal day since the week-end was high), that got blown to hell! Got invited to Chili's for an unexpected celebration dinner with some friends, OMG over a 1000 calories for a grilled chicken sandwich (on a wheat bun, no mayo) and a salad ( and I only dipped my fork in the dressing), and I drank water with lemon. GRRRRRR...
    Oh well today is another day!
    SW: 139
    GW:129
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all!

It is good to see that you have a plan to reach your goals.

I am not good at planning ahead for my food for the day so today I am going to log everything right now and hold myself accountable to that meal plan for the day!

Have a great day! Drink your water! Eat healthy and get up and move!

Terri
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So I finally got to weigh myself (should have been Sunday, darn vacations :wink: )and survey says: 230.8!!! My May final weight and June starting weight is 230.8!! I haven't seen this size in a while :blushing: ! AND I'm no longer a size 22 but now at an 18!!! :bigsmile: Wooo whoooo!!!
    Month of June: SW 230.8
    Month of June: GW 223 I'm gonna push a little more this month as my first mini goal is 2lbs away, but I wanna get an extra 2lbs off on top of my normal 5lbs. :drinker: (all H2O baby!)

Headed out to start W1D2 of Couch to 5k. XoxoxoX Have a great day all!!! :heart: Bru
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    So I finally got to weigh myself (should have been Sunday, darn vacations :wink: )and survey says: 230.8!!! My May final weight and June starting weight is 230.8!! I haven't seen this size in a while :blushing: ! AND I'm no longer a size 22 but now at an 18!!! :bigsmile: Wooo whoooo!!!
    Month of June: GW 223 I'm gonna push a little more this month as my first mini goal is 2lbs away, but I wanna get an extra 2lbs off on top of my normal 5lbs. :drinker: (all H2O baby!)

Headed out to start W1D2 of Couch to 5k. XoxoxoX Have a great day all!!! :heart: Bru

Congrats!!!! Way to go!
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options

Good for you! I'm in the Ozarks myself, down in Branson.
    I'm so jealous. You must be taller than me because I'm down to a size 20-22 and I'm at 214.5 lbs. It's just no fair being short!
  • evaeva28
    evaeva28 Posts: 23
    Options
    Count me in!!

SW= 202.5
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I am barely 5ft 5in.. my weight is probably carried in a different place than yours.. sometimes that makes a difference. My hips are my widest. I carry a lot of my fat(aside from in the hips/butt/tummy area) in my arms and I hate it!! I just got into a size 18 this morning, so we'll see how it is when it's mid afternoon and I'm sweaty, I'll probably have to pull out the other size. Good luck to you on your journey. :) XoxoxoX Bru

PS, I finished my W1D2 Couch to 5k and it was sooo much better than yesterday! Then I went on a 2mile walk :) I'm beat!!
  • mom2ra
    mom2ra Posts: 4
    Options
    I am so in. I just started back on here and this sounds great.

sw: 179.6
  • jennaruth
    jennaruth Posts: 1
    Options
    I am soo in .. I need something like this to keep me on track

Joined 6/2/10 ..... 245 lbs

Goal weight overall 180 lbs

Let's start for a healthier living :0)
  • NicolaGoodyear
    Options
    Im in...start weight 172lb...;) good luck
  • yorkie4eva
    yorkie4eva Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :heart: :bigsmile: Hi,

I'm in . Latest weight last weight in which was 257 llb. Hoping to lose at least 2lbs per week hoping to be 249llb Making a total loss of 8llbs then I would be under the 250 llbs mark. havent been that in many many years.

Good Luck to all.

Regards,

Annalisa (aka yorkie4eva):heart::bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for June 212 lbs. I am actually hoping for 5 lbs this first week as I am coming off of a food filled Memorial Day weekend. My actual goal for June is 10lbs. What a great challenge! a monthly challenge is great anyone can have a good week but staying consistant monthly should keep everyone working hard!

June SW 212
    end of June GW 202

Best wishes to everyone this month!!
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This month I NEED to stop thinking I can eat whatever on the weekends! I do great all week and totally blow it on the weekend! I need to be meticulous about logging everything I eat. When I don't, then I tend to overeat. This month I am adding a treadmill workout to my usual workouts. I do a lot of DVD exercising, but I usually feel like I get a good workout this way. I also have a Gazelle Edge but I will probably retire this since I have a treadmill now. For some reason the Gazelle sometimes hurts the ball of my left foot.:frown: To lose 5 lbs. this month I will eat less and continue working out 5 days a week.
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge.

When I started using MFP I weighed in at 143 lbs. I am now 141, so making five this month would put me around 137!! I graduate in a couple of weeks and that means celebrations. If I can make this goal that would really prove something...to me at least ;-)!
  • TtotheAtotheB
    Options
    I'm in...

Starting weight 176

May 29, 2010: 174.6