Lose 5 Pounds a Month- June 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I went on a walk yesterday evening with my entire family. It was great to be outside spending time together! It was amazing, the kids and I even ran up the one hill on our route!

BTW- I have to admit to giving in the the maple bars at the office yesterday, I had a 1/4 of one, I guess its better than a whole one!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

I am going to do my best this weekend, I will get a hold on these weekends!
  • peggyann47
    peggyann47 Posts: 22
    Options
    Count me in! I'm always up to a challenge and I don't like to fail when I publicly accept a challenge! :)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Since Bodi destroyed my computer I was unable to check in on Friday. I got a new one now so here it is

June 1, 2010 154.2
    June 6, 2010 151.8

I am quite pleased and I was actually wearing the size 8 Walmart jeans I bought to get down to. I put on the 10 yesterday and they were a little big. :happy:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    June 1, 2010 154.2
    June 6, 2010 151.8

I am quite pleased and I was actually wearing the size 8 Walmart jeans I bought to get down to. I put on the 10 yesterday and they were a little big. :happy:

YAY Robin! :happy: You're almost to your July 4th goal already! Awesome! So happy for you! :bigsmile:
    Kelly
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    İs there room for a big one??!!

i weighed in on the 1st June at 73,5kgs -161,7lbs and today i weigh 160,6lbs--i never hit my goal targets and wonder how much i could actually lose by being easier on myself??--i wanted to totally change my diet at the outset of this diet in April when i weighed in at 184lbs and now i eat a very healthy diet with no preceived sins--i dont drink alcohol or coffee or snack between meals on anything else than fruit--i exercise a lot and hardly ever eat back my calories but feel very fit on it.
  • katieann2
    katieann2 Posts: 26
    Options
    I had weight lost for May, but hope to do much better in June!
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    Since Bodi destroyed my computer I was unable to check in on Friday. I got a new one now so here it is

June 1, 2010 154.2
    June 6, 2010 151.8

GOOD FOR YOU! That is awesome!

I will weigh in technically on Monday but I snuck a peek today and I am STILL stuck 214.5. Grrrrrr.....I'm really getting frustrated. I've exercised more, ate better (tried to eat all my calories) and drank tons of water.
    Something's gotta give....
  • iinnocence
    iinnocence Posts: 12
    Options
    I accept!!
    BW- 167
    CW- 159.6
    GW- 130!!
    This means I should reach my goal by December! Ohhhh boy!
    I can do this!!
    Good luck everyone!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Terri--- I saw Dr. Oz talk about the difference between taste buds in adults and children. I googled it and found this at http://www.bestsyndication.com/?q=100907_dr_oz_on_oprah_winfrey_childhood_obesity_statistics_diabetes_weight_loss.htm

"Dr. Oz said that kids don’t like to eat vegetables because they have more sensitive taste buds. Kids taste bitter easier because way back before civilization happened they needed to have a way to avoid poisonous foods which often were bitter. They tended to desire sweet foods because they were not poisonous. So that is why kids today tend to like sweet foods and bland foods. Dr. Oz said that children tend to follow a white food only diet because of their bland and sweet tastes."

Interesting, right?

Thanks for the well wishes for my vacation, everyone! I am looking forward to "getting away" for a bit and hope I can relax some. I did well today as far as eating goes, and that has helped tremendously.

I think it's more the problem of the parents not liking certain foods and passing it on to their kids. (Sorry, I know this may not be popular.) Kids pick up on every little thing adults do. If they never have sweets or pop tarts or whatever, how would they even know they like them? I ate loads of veggies, etc as a kid and loved them. We never had many sweets or soda ever when I was little and today, I still don't have much of a craving for them. I think that's because my parents influenced my likes from the beginning. Oddly (?) I'm now a vegetarian. Good thing I like veggies! :D

I love and serve lots of veggies but cannot get my youngest to eat them. I am a very busy person so we do use a lot of prepackaged food. I try to balance that out with healthy choices and healthy quick snacks. My choice so judge if you must! Oddly I am a addicted to soda pop. My kids have watched my drink it their whole lives. They will drink it but they prefer water or the older 2 drink milk. I believe kids need to be exposed to all types of foods and told about the pro's and con's of each. I don't believe they will live through their teens without being exposed to fast food by their friends, but if they come prepared with knowledge maybe they will make the right choices. We as adults are prepared with knowledge and we do not always make the right choices. I personally do not believe any food is bad or good! I believe being healthy and happy is about finding balance in the foods we eat.

Yes my kids know what pop tarts and a lot of other prepackaged foods are and how they taste. Does that make me a bad parent I don't think so. They also grow and eat vegetables from the garden, except the youngest. They love seafood, except the youngest. They eat lots of fruit, except the youngest. I know he will come around because the older 2 did.

Have a happy healthy evening!

Terri
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Its been a long and rough weekend. Suppose to have a bbq and we went out to eat. Suppose to four wheel and have done mostly video games. No where to walk except the store and it wasn't for very long. Yesterday was almost over in calories and it would have been the first time, but still. Tired,stinky,kinda hungry, and ready for a much needed walk (or dance). I weigh in tomorrow morning and I think the scale may go up due to inactivity this weekend, I hate not being able to do anything. A few months ago I would rather play video games all day, now I just crave a walk. Tomorrow starts week2 day1 of c25k. I'll be back tomorrow morning with my weigh in. Hope everyones weekend was healthier than mine. *repeats over and over "tomorrow is a new day" * XoxoxoX Bru
  • puppypower15
    Options
    Sounds great, I'm in!
  • iinnocence
    iinnocence Posts: 12
    Options
    Its been a long and rough weekend. Suppose to have a bbq and we went out to eat. Suppose to four wheel and have done mostly video games. No where to walk except the store and it wasn't for very long. Yesterday was almost over in calories and it would have been the first time, but still. Tired,stinky,kinda hungry, and ready for a much needed walk (or dance). I weigh in tomorrow morning and I think the scale may go up due to inactivity this weekend, I hate not being able to do anything. A few months ago I would rather play video games all day, now I just crave a walk. Tomorrow starts week2 day1 of c25k. I'll be back tomorrow morning with my weigh in. Hope everyones weekend was healthier than mine. *repeats over and over "tomorrow is a new day" * XoxoxoX Bru

That's OK BrunetteWife! We all get those days! The most important thing is to jump back onto the wagon and keep going! We all need to splurge and relax every now and then... and the BBQs are VERY tempting, so don't worry! Just remember, you're down THIRTEEN POUNDS!!!
  • lorcine
    lorcine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count Me in CW:213
    GW: :smile: 165
    July 6 203
    Aug 6 198
    Sept 193
    Oct 188
    Nov 183
    Dec 178
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My weekend was pretty good food and exercise-wise. I stayed near my calorie limit and did some sort of exercise each day. I have an early appt. so I'm afraid I won't be able to exercise tomorrow. I find that if I don't workout in the morning then I can't find time the rest of the day. The bad news is that I am totally PMSing. I'm bloated, tired, and *****y! I am going to try not to lose momentum this week, but it may be VERY hard for me!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options

That's OK BrunetteWife! We all get those days! The most important thing is to jump back onto the wagon and keep going! We all need to splurge and relax every now and then... and the BBQs are VERY tempting, so don't worry! Just remember, you're down THIRTEEN POUNDS!!!

Well, it's not that I wanted to not exercise or eat better, I didn't have much of a choice, I wish I could've ate some bbq rather tham going out to eat :/ I was actually ready to come home and go for a walk. I can but can't wait for tomorrow... I don't wanna weigh in after this weekend but I wanna start my W2D1 C25K :) And thanks for your words, it's nice to hear encouragement time to time (not saying no one here has, it's just been a bad weekend) Hugs all around the room. XoxoxoX Bru
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My weekend was pretty good food and exercise-wise. I stayed near my calorie limit and did some sort of exercise each day. I have an early appt. so I'm afraid I won't be able to exercise tomorrow. I find that if I don't workout in the morning then I can't find time the rest of the day. The bad news is that I am totally PMSing. I'm bloated, tired, and *****y! I am going to try not to lose momentum this week, but it may be VERY hard for me!

I am like you, If I don't get my exercise in early it is hard for me to do it so I try my best to do some exercise before I get going on with the daily activities. The good thing now that summer is here is that I have the pool option to go to during the day. A nice swim on a hot day feels so good too! I might go for one this after noon but I have to get this house cleaned up FIRST!. My maid broke her leg so I have to clean for a month. I am not used to that since I have been spoiled with a maid for years and years! I think that doing house work should count as a work out DON'T YOU?

any way. wanted to say Stay motivated... I am sure you will feel better soon as this whole PMS passes too. I am lucky that I am too old for that anymore! There are advantages to growing older I guess! LOL Phyljen:laugh:
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    I am in as well, I have been just maintaining for some time. This will get me actually set some new goals.
  • kintegra
    Options
    brieann - you're in! Welcome!! :)

I didn't get much workout in today, but I did get a few walks. Even when I was a the ballpark for my nephew's game, I had my mom drive my car back to my brother's house so I could walk. My neice & 2 nephews decided to walk along with me! :happy:

Then I decided to get on the trampoline & jump with the kids for 15 minutes! I even did 3 flips! I haven't done that in probably 25 years! What fun!!!

Finally when I got home a bit ago, logged in my dinner & I was 7 calories over...so I jumped on the treadmill for a few minutes! Yay! Happy Friday to all tomorrow! :drinker:

Kelly

Kelly YOU ARE AWESOME! FLIPPING OUT and all! LOL:laugh: I have not tried flipping on a tramp EVER.... I'd probably break myself in half.
    You are truly a great example of making a change in your life style for the good. Think of the great example you are to everyone that is watching you. GO GIRL!!! Phyljen I'm so proud of you.

Thanks Phyljen! :) BTW....house cleaning IS considered a workout! Just check the exercise database, its in there! LOL :)
    Kelly
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    happy monday everyone. Today is my weighin day at 233lb that was 3lb lost

1071396.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sw with MFP on May 1st 244.4
    Sw on June 1st 236
    Cw on June 7th 233
    Gw for June 30th 226

Ultimate goal wt 160
  • kintegra
    Options
    My weigh in this morning was successful! I'm down another 2.0 lbs! YAY! Hopefully that means I'll blow the 5 lbs for June out of the water! Speaking of water....drink up! :drinker:

I'm heading off to the dr this morning,. I got stung by a bee yesterday afternoon right on my eye! I look like Rocky Balboa. Its even worse this morning & my eye is almost completely closed. So I'm headed to the doc in a few minutes! Hopefully he can make me look decent again!

I'm also gonna step on his scale to show him my progress! I told him in April I was going to lose 30 lbs by Oct. Well since I'm down 12 already I'm sure he will be pleased with my progress! :bigsmile:

Happy day everyone! Watch out for BEES! LOL

Kelly