Lose 5 Pounds a Month- June 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Shelli--- Maybe he will be shocked at what he sees when he logs his food and will stick with it! We can keep our fingers crossed!

Bru--- Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead! Hope you have a great time!

Terri--- Don't you hate it when you don't see your hard work on the scale? Keep going strong and I am sure you will see it next week!
  • animechic23
    Options
    Sunger12- Hey were in the same weight range and have the same goal for the month just wanted to wish u luck and I hope to see u reach ur goal!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!! I had an amazing week- even with the cake on Wednesday. Starting weight this week was 212....today's weight...drum roll please... 207.9! I realize that most of that is becasue of the eating I did Memorial Day weekend but that's all in the past and I am ready to move forward!!

My boss brought doughnuts in this morning claiming it was national doughnut day... I can smell them from my office and they are calling to me... I will not give in. God please help me!!
  • jerseygirl81
    Options
    I'm a couple days in, but I'm in too! I only have 10 lbs left, but it's been a real struggle!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!! I had an amazing week- even with the cake on Wednesday. Starting weight this week was 212....today's weight...drum roll please... 207.9! I realize that most of that is becasue of the eating I did Memorial Day weekend but that's all in the past and I am ready to move forward!!

My boss brought doughnuts in this morning claiming it was national doughnut day... I can smell them from my office and they are calling to me... I will not give in. God please help me!!

I heard about doughnut day on the radio. Krispy Kremes are giving a free doughnut today!
  • drucilla8
    drucilla8 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm definitely in for this challenge. I'm currently in the 10 week Challenge and it's almost over, so I would love to join this challenge to keep me focused. Just weighed in today and I'm super excited. I lost two pounds this week!!! I know I can do the five pounds per month and possbily more.

June 4th- 182.2

Good Luck everyone!!! :happy:

1176833.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • OnMyWeigh
    Options

I heard about doughnut day on the radio. Krispy Kremes are giving a free doughnut today!

Thank God the nearest Krispy Kremes is 45 min away!!! The maple bars are still calling to me. I must stay strong!!!
  • colgatesmile
    colgatesmile Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am on this challenge! My goal is to lose 35 lbs so this will keep me focused!!! I am ready! LETS GET IT!!:happy:
    My current weight its 190 lbs

1186251.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • colgatesmile
    colgatesmile Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :laugh: :wink:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    It is now Friday afternoon. The dreaded weekend is upon us. I love weekends but they always seem to be the downfall in my weight loss journey. What is it about weekends that seem to get most of us off track? Maybe if we identify those things that get us off track we can learn to deal with them from the wisdom of our peers.

For me...

PROBLEM: Weekends are really busy with activities that get us off schedule. And it leads to snacking!

SOLUTION: Plan healthy snacks...keep healthy snacks ready to go! (Cut up veggies and hummus in the fridge) Fresh fruit washed and ready to eat.

What are your downfalls and how do you plan to overcome them this weekend?

PROBLEM: Friday night is pizza night at our house and I love pizza!

SOLUTION: Eat a salad first then a piece of pizza and then fruit and be done!

What are your downfalls and how do you plan to overcome them this weekend?
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Ugh, this weekend I will be headed to a friends farm where we go four wheelin' and game playin'...which means not a lot of walking or any exercise really.. so, I'm gonna do my darnedest to walk some of the trails while the guys 4wheel. Another issue is that they are going out for dinner tonight and bbq'ing tomorrow... so I'm bringing tons o' water and snacks(granola bar/veggies/etc) to have before I eat any meals. Plus I'll have small portions. Good luck to all during the weekend :) XoxoxoX Bru
  • OnMyWeigh
    Options
    You are right...wekends are a difficult time and I like your idea of getting those issues out there and working together for some solutions. The ideas of having healthy snacks available immediately is great. I too am very busy on the weekends. We spend a lot of time outside which would seem to help from snacking all day but I get so busy working or playing with the kids that I sometimes forget to eat lunch, them I come in the house around 3:00 or 4:00 and am starving so I start munching then its dinner time, I eat a full meal and then I feel so stuffed that I don't want to workout. So I guess

Problem: Not eaching lunch causes munching and overeating

Solution: Set alarm on watch to make myself aware that it is lunch time.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This weekend will NOT be like last weekend. I have a bachelorette party to go to tomorrow, but to avoid the drinking calories I offered to be the DD! :drinker: I'm toning my arms for the wedding that's 2 weeks away and I will NOT let myself down ANYMORE! I'm taking control and blowing the roof off!!!! :angry: (I know that emoticon is actually angry, but I think it looks determined) :happy:
  • csproteau
    csproteau Posts: 4
    Options
    I am up for the challenge... I am 22 lbs til my goal weight !!! I am down 11 lbs since May 8th and I am loving the results and the fact that I am not starving myself to lose weight !!

WE CAN DO IT !!
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, this weekend shouldn't be too hard for me. DF is working and I don't really have much planned. Hopefully, I can drop a couple lbs. this week if I work really hard. I'm feeling pretty good about it today, we'll see what I have to say on Monday.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm just posting my results for the first week of June

Starting Weight with MFP on 1/12/10........164.5

Weight on 5/1/10............................................138

Weight on 5/7/10............................................136

Weight on 5/14/10..........................................134

Weight on 5/21/10..........................................132

Weight on 5/28/10..........................................131

Weight on 6/4/10............................................129

Goal Weight for end of June........................126

Final Goal Weight...........................................126
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have lots of exercise activities planned for tomorrow, because I'm having my first CHEAT dinner out! My BFF & I are going to Olive Garden, so I have already checked the calories & am planning on burning the majority of them off before I go....HOWEVER the weather forecast just changed to a lot of rain & flash flooding tomorrow! :grumble:

So....now I guess I have to change up what I had planned for the day OUTSIDE & I apparently will be doing a few DVD workouts & my treadmill! I really wanted to go for a long bike ride, but I guess since I have a stationary out in the garage I can go out there & watch the rain come down! :laugh:

Happy weekend everyone! My weigh in day is MONDAY! :bigsmile:

Kelly
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Terri--- I saw Dr. Oz talk about the difference between taste buds in adults and children. I googled it and found this at http://www.bestsyndication.com/?q=100907_dr_oz_on_oprah_winfrey_childhood_obesity_statistics_diabetes_weight_loss.htm

"Dr. Oz said that kids don’t like to eat vegetables because they have more sensitive taste buds. Kids taste bitter easier because way back before civilization happened they needed to have a way to avoid poisonous foods which often were bitter. They tended to desire sweet foods because they were not poisonous. So that is why kids today tend to like sweet foods and bland foods. Dr. Oz said that children tend to follow a white food only diet because of their bland and sweet tastes."

Interesting, right?

Thanks for the well wishes for my vacation, everyone! I am looking forward to "getting away" for a bit and hope I can relax some. I did well today as far as eating goes, and that has helped tremendously.

I think it's more the problem of the parents not liking certain foods and passing it on to their kids. (Sorry, I know this may not be popular.) Kids pick up on every little thing adults do. If they never have sweets or pop tarts or whatever, how would they even know they like them? I ate loads of veggies, etc as a kid and loved them. We never had many sweets or soda ever when I was little and today, I still don't have much of a craving for them. I think that's because my parents influenced my likes from the beginning. Oddly (?) I'm now a vegetarian. Good thing I like veggies! :D
  • fightthesunrise
    Options
    Even though I'm a few days late, I'd love to join! :happy: For now, I'd love to lose thirty pounds, but could easily be more after. This is great! Good luck to everyone, especially during this season of delicious cocktails and weekly barbecues. :wink:
  • sunger12
    sunger12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    animechic23--Thanks!! You too! I know we BOTH can get there!