Lose 5 Pounds a Month- June 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    woke up sick today BLAH!!:frown: I am hoping I start feeling better by this evening so I can get a work out in. Plus I hate being sick because I just seem to want to snack all day!
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    So, I am up a lb from last week, back to 158.8 lbs. But.... I may have an excuse, its TOM for me, so hopefully that adds into why I didn't loose my lb since last week. Oh well, do your best and forget the rest right?!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    oohhhh.....I wanna join in!!! I'm up this week a cpl pounds but that just means I'll have to work a bit harder....and I've started the week off doing exactly that!

June 1st weigh in: 159#
    6/7 : 161#

I have about 30# to go til goal weight so this is perfect!!! Thanks for the challenge! :drinker:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    It's confession time for me! Yesterday, I did really well all day. I got a workout in after my appt. and felt great! I took my pregnant sister, my 2 year old nephew, and my 16 mo. old to the playground. Brought healthy snacks for everyone. 1st mistake: Preggo wanted a snocone so we stopped there and got one. I bought a lg. to share with my daughter. I threw half of it away because it was too sweet. I rarely drink anything with sugar. 2nd mistake: Got home at dinner time and instead of cooking I ordered a pizza and proceeded to eat 3 slices! 3rd mistake: Since I had already ruined my day I went ahead and ate 8 bite size snickers! This behavior is absolutely ridiculous! My stomach hurt all night and I didn't sleep well, and still doesn't feel great now. So this morning I got on the treadmill and did 2 half hour weight loss workouts and then a healthy breakfast. AF should be here any time and with my bad eating yesterday I am afraid to see what the scale says on Friday. I have been doing really well other than yesterday so I hope to still see a loss. Who knows?

Don't beat yourself up over it, Aunt Flo is wicked and can make us do wicked things (but you did throw half the snocone away!):laugh: LOL Acknowledge it, and move on. Today is a new day and tomorrow hasn't come....
  • animechic23
    Options
    So my friend from work gave me a free week pass to 24 hour fitness and I've been going all week so far. I decided to join yesterday and let me tell you what. I haven't hurt like this since I had softball conditioning but at the same time it feels oh so good. this month is going to be great I just know it. Hope everyone is doing ok so far this month I'm only down .2 ibs but I will reach my goal I promise all of you that!! :)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Feeling old tonight. I've got a heating pad on my shoulder and an ice pack on my knee.
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Terri....take care and let it heal.
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This week went ok. I was hoping for more but I'll take what I can get! lol!

SW March 2009: 152 lbs

June 1st: 141.8
    June 8: 141.2

GW June 30th: 136.8 lbs

Ultimate Goal 130 lbs.
  • knewton3033
    Options
    This is the goal!
    SW:192
    My BABYS BDAY:160
    GW:150
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    6/2 212lbs
    6/8 205.4 lbs

Yippy! Lost alot but a bunch of it was superficial from Memorial Day, but it is gone and not coming back!!!

Have a great evening everyone!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    6/2 212lbs
    6/8 205.4 lbs

Yippy! Lost alot but a bunch of it was superficial from Memorial Day, but it is gone and not coming back!!!

Have a great evening everyone!

Great job, Onmyweigh! :bigsmile:

I think its a good month so far so I'm doing the happy dance & have to share...

6-1-10 240.0
    6-7-10 237.0
    6-9-10 234.4

Down 5.6 pounds for June already! :bigsmile: YAY....so I'm going for TEN for June! I really think with my alternating of my workouts it has done my body GOOD! I've been doing Jillian's 30 day Shred on weekends, started C25K this week, and also riding my bicycle every day. The last two mornings I've been doing some bellydancing as well! I also have Zumba class on Wed nights!

So if you're in a slump change up your workouts! Try doing some of the workouts on FIT TV if you have that channel on cable! There are some fun ones! That is where I found the bellydancing! I've DVR'd several so that I can do them when I have time! Have a great day everyone!

Kelly
  • lifeis2enjoy
    Options
    :laugh: I am there with you all...I find it is so tough on the weekends, I do great during the week & then I loose it when it comes to Sat's. Maybe if I join this group I will accomplish a little more in will power. Have fun & smile all. We will make it.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hello all :) Two more days til my weigh in. I've decided to start weighing in on Fridays since it seems my Sundays are always away from a scale. I have officially completed Week2Day3 of C25k and I feel great! It's really helping boost my energy! Good confession time: Yesterday, my hubby and I went shopping for things to fix up the house and when asked what was for lunch, he wanted Walmart bbq chicken in the deli and I didn't get any :) Woot Woot!! Not even a little piece from hubby's container :) Go me!! Since I wasn't able to get in my exercise this past Saturday/Sunday, I've decided to slowly make up for those days by adding a few extra calories burned each day this week. I made an extra 100cal Mon and roughly 125cal yesterday. It's suppose to rain this week so dancing it is this week. I have directv, and I'm gonna check out the channel fit tv (brought to my attention from Kintegra) and see what kind of 'free' workouts I can do on rainy days. Also, I started a challenge that can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100747-my-100mile-challenge & you are all welcome to join (any amount of miles you think you can complete by Spet 8th) or just cheer us on. Have a wonderful week/weekend and see ya Friday! XoxoxoX Bru
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad i figured out how to kinda navigate thru the website...and i found the June challenge! I've been so off track since Memorial weekend....I gained 3.5lbs. :sad: I've been so bummed over that! But yesterday I woke up determined to get back on track!!! I went to the gym and busted my butt! And today I'm back on MFP and found the June challenge....its such inspiration and heart-warming to know there's others out there working hard to reach their goals....its hard for me cuz my bestest friend in the whole world loves to eat...and so when I hang out with her its usually a happy hour trip with appetizers and/or dinner with dessert....or she's cooking up a feast at her house. Once she sees results of my weight loss- I'm hoping she'll join my mission.....I'm looking forward to keeping up with everyone and to lose 8.5lbs in June!! :flowerforyou:
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    makmyra - welcome. you are here now and that's what matters
  • bcrist
    bcrist Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in on this! I just started this site about 2weeks ago and just love it. This is the first Challenge I'll be participating in so can't wait till tomorrow for my weigh in at Curves. I'll post and go from there. I've just started the Curves weight class two weeks ago and I'm sticking to it so far. Really hope to at least loose 5lbs a month because I've got a long way to go to hit goal:smile:
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone......I'm back! I lost 5 pounds with the April Challenge but hit a plateau (sp?) in May, but I'm back in the game now! From June 1st to June 9th, I lost 5 pounds coming off the plateau!:noway: But I want to try for another 5 pounds for the rest of this month because the 5 pounds that I just lost were really the 5 pounds I was supposed to lose in May.:grumble: If that makes any sense at all! Good luck everyone!

SW - 156 June 9th
    GW - 151 June 30th

Ultimate Goal - 140 :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • blackchick85
    Options
    I'm so in this challenge... i actually have already lost 5lbs this month... but i'm gonna try and lose 5more pounds this month......
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!

I went out with my girlfriends for Margarita night last night after my Zumba class. However I passed up the ONE margarita I was going to let myself have & opted for good ole H2O. I only ordered one chicken enchilada & a 1/2 order of beans & rice. I stayed under my calories for the day, however I felt like totally crap when I got home! :sick: I guess next time I will only get the enchilada! AND I'm glad I decided to pass up the Margarita!

I still feel like crap today, but I drug my butt out of bed at 6:30 this morning so I could catch the Bollywood/bellydancing on FIT TV before getting ready for work. Then I took a short walk on my break, yet I still feel crappy! My stomach is just blah! :sick:

I gotta try to get motivated when I get home tonight. I plan on doing my C25K day 1 again, I WILL FINISH DAY ONE YET! :laugh:
    Then either a bike ride or Jillian's Shred DVD. Hopefully working out will get me feeling better.
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Feeling great today! Worked out with Bob last night and feel really good today. I have been using the Cardio Max DVD for over a month but have never gotten off weeks1-2, I worry about the impact on my knees with the higher levels. Has anyone done the other levels?