Lose 5 Pounds a Month- June 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Options
    HI PALS!!

Bru - Congrats on the first minigoal!!! Have a great lunch w/your brothers!

Terri - moving in the right direction - I feel you with the plateaus!

Kintegra - Way to go Kelly - you're an inspiration!!

Old news: Did well Jan/Feb/Mar - slumped out in April/May. My low was 177.8 but bounced back and forth between 183 and 190.

Recent news: Woke up Sunday 6/6 am for my triathlon at . . . 190!!! Ohforcryingoutloud. Oh well. My time was merely adequate but i felt good. Then got the flu that night. Vomiting all night and diarrhea for 1 1/2 days. Then down to 183 again. So Mon & Tue I was really gunshy about eating. Wed got my appetite back but behaved. Thursday had a few illegal snacks but did okay. Today: 183.6 - yay.

I will carb load for dinner for my 10k tomorrow. Then Sunday 6/13 I start my HCG phase 2. (my favorite site for HCG info is simplyhcg.com)

It isn't realistic to set a new goal until after the HCG cycle is complete - 25-30 days or so. I'll let you know how it goes. The phase 3 maintenance is supposed to be a little tough, but my sis is maintaining her loss so far (2 weeks into phase 3 maintenance)

I plan to take "before" pics/measurements on Sunday morning. Excited to get started!

Thanks for your well wishes and support!

Traci
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    wednesday i started measuring my food and putting them in the appropriate containers...this week i also started eating salad
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    The weekend is upon us. Stay strong keep your goals in mind!

Today was a weight training only no cardio and I still managed to put over 20,000 steps on the pedometer. That is what 11 hour stress-filled work days will do for you!

I am thinking about going up with a glass of cabernet, filling the tub, and giving myself and long hot soak. Ok here I go.

Have a great night!

Terri

Congrats to all who lost weight. Keep up the great work. To those still struggling remember the weight did not appear overnight and it will not disappear overnight. This is a journey that never ends until our hearts stop beating. Be healthy! Be active!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    So I was out on a walk/jog for 23min and on my second lap, I had a truck pull up next to me and tell me how good I was doing and how I looked great...he wanted to then shake the hand of a fine *kitten* girl...*rolls eyes* and this happened righ in front of a friend of mine who happened to be driving behind him and proceeded to yell *Go Amy Go*.... Oh Lord!! He obviously didn't notice I was sucking in my tummy!! Have a healthy weekend all!! XoxoxoX Bru
  • contrarie
    contrarie Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in!
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bru- Wow! That's awesome! Nobody ever pulls over to shake my hand.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • aleshachua
    aleshachua Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm still trying to get rid of the last of my baby weight from having my son last year!!

600940.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Bru- Wow! That's awesome! Nobody ever pulls over to shake my hand.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Thanks, but I seriously don't know what he was seeing! I guess I'm the only one who doesn't see any changes yet. I guess that means it's time for pictures tomorrow morning. I took pics in May in just a sports bra and pair of shorts. To keep me motivated, I printed them out and taped them to the back of my bedroom door as a reminder. It really helps. Anyway, I'm headed out for the night/weekend/

Have a good one all! Stay healthy!
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to start with this challenge? I'd like to see if I can do as well as the rest of you. :flowerforyou:
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    Is it too late to start with this challenge? I'd like to see if I can do as well as the rest of you. :flowerforyou:
    not too late at all! Jump right on in :) welcome aboard!!
  • MsLena74
    MsLena74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am IN. I need to lose about 30 pounds. My starting weight was 195. My goal is apprxmtly 165/170 or size 9 jeans. Which ever comes first!
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    not too late at all! Jump right on in :) welcome aboard!!
    [/quote

Thanks for responding, and I've added my weights to my signature line. I'm all in. :flowerforyou:
  • kizzym
    Options
    i received my bodybugg strap yesterday towards the evening so i have monthly subscription to the bodybugg site...just started it up again yesterday...i'm so psyched to start bugging it again...i haven't been using it due to the fact that my bodybugg strap lost its velcro so i went on the 24hourfitness.com and checked out the prices for the strap and they were on sale for less than 10 dollars i got the zebra print one...this is definitely going to help me in losing 5 ibs a month
  • kizzym
    Options
    Challenges will run Sunday to Saturday

JUNE 13-19: Burn 1500 cal
    JUNE 20-26: Burn 1750 cal
    JUNE 27-JULY 3: Burn 2000 cal
    JULY 4-JULY 10: Burn 2250 cal
    JULY 11-17: Burn 2500 cal
    JULY 18-24: Burn 2750 cal
    JULY 25-31: Burn 3000 cal
    AUG 1-AUG 7: Burn 3250 cal
    AUG 8-14: Burn 3500 cal

I propose a graduated scale challenge for calorie burn:

By August 14 we should have worked our way up to 3500 calories burned a week without stressing or injuring our bodies. We will increase our burn by 250 calories a week, which amounts to a total of 25 minutes over the week, or 5 extra minutes at the end of each workout. Slowly we will build up the time we are spending on exercise. Feel free to do more than the week goal, but try to aim for it as a minimum.
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Okay, been away from this board for awhile. I've been down to CA for a couple weeks visiting fam. , back home for 3 days, now just arrived in MT. to visit more fam. You all know what that does to diets. I have been trying to be good. Anyway here are recent stats from when I could weigh in.

5/12 131.6
    5/14 131.8
    6/11 131

My goal is 130, but honestly, I'm scared as to how to keep it when I get there. Does this site give any advice on how to maintain?:ohwell:

Oh have to share....driving up yesterday, I saw my first grizzly bear in Yellowstone Park.:noway: Yellowstone is my favorite national park. Used to take the kids there every summer to camp but never saw a bear. I was excited. Gonna have to post it to facebook.

Have a great week all.
    Jacque
  • laura11248
    laura11248 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have been away from MFP for sometime and am now ready to go again! I would love to join your challenge...room for one more?
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    There's always room for new people to join :D Welcome to all the newer journey takers and good luck this weekend, it's usually a little rough around here. Just walked 1.94miles in 32min :D Woot Woot!! XoxoxoX Bru
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who lost this week. way to go.

Terri the wine and soak sounded great.

Bru that is awesome how great to be noticed.

here is the stats for the week

June 1, 2010 154.2
    June 6, 2010 151.8
    june 12,2010 150.6

I am so close the the 140's I can taste it. :tongue: I haven't been there since last century and I am really looking forward to it. Have a great weekend all!
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    Ok got on the scale this morning. And even though I have been sick the majority of the week and have not been making the healthiest decisions I should have food wise I was down :happy: !!! Hopefully I can kick this cold and get it out of my chest so I can breath and start my C25K back up!! I actually miss running....Wow what happened to the old Shawna...I would have never said I missed running :glasses:

SW (before MFP) - 300
    5/1 - 272.6
    6/2 - 267.3
    6/4 - 266.3
    6/12- 263
    CGW- 262.3 Almost there!! Hope I pass it and hit my mini GOAL YAY!!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    \

I am so close the the 140's I can taste it. :tongue: I haven't been there since last century and I am really looking forward to it. Have a great weekend all!

I am feeling this way about the 160's. :happy: I was within 4 pounds last month and then I slipped up for several weeks. Now I have a ways to go!

I walked home from my sons baseball game this afternoon so that was about 2.75 miles. I was not wearing my HRM so not really sure of the calorie burn.

My neck is really sore today. Not sure if I slept crooked or pulled something lifting weights yesterday!

Ibuprofen and ice are my some of my best friends during this journey! It seems like I am constantly hurting something!:mad:

Stay healthy

Terri