Lose 5 Pounds a Month- June 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    HI All,

Ok, I'm a little frustrated. I jumped the gun and weighed myself on Sunday because I felt really great and I weighed in at 139.2. The lowest I've been in 4 years. This morning I weighted in at 140.8. The last two days I worked out extra hard too. I do have my Lady Thing and am wondering if that has something to do with it.. hopefully!? I saw some of you post about it but I haven't read them yet. I'll have to see what you said.

Here it is. Not at great as I wanted but at least I'm losing SOMETHING!

SW March 2009: 152 lbs

June 1st: 141.8
    June 8: 141.2
    June 14: 140.8

GW June 30th: 136.8 lbs

Ultimate Goal 130 lbs.

:( I am really getting frustrated.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

It is great to see so many new comers and everyone working hard to reach your goals.

I am on a break from working out due to a pulled muscle in my neck and my tendonitis in my knee is really swollen again so I am really at a loss at how to work out because both injuries need rest so that is what I am giving them. It is very frustrating that I seem to keep injuring myself lately and having to slow down and take time off. Wish I would have gotten in shape then younger and stayed in shape. This getting back into a healthy body is killing me!:laugh:

Keep working for your goals.

Terri
  • lulu587
    lulu587 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know it is mid way through June but I have just joined MFP and would love to join your challenge, it is just the motivation I need!

Starting weight: 180 pounds

Goal weight: 135 pounds
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    TOM + weekend of apt hunting + some NC BBQ = no weigh in this week :grumble:

will work extra hard to see the results next week. I promise :glasses:
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies....I need help....Its that time of the mth- should I weigh in on friday still-even with the bloating? And I'm either slow or really old...but some of the abbreviations just fly over my head...what isTOM? I hope I'm not the only one who feels lost sometimes with the abbreviations. I'm still struggling with getting back on track...but its slowly coming to. I jumped up Sunday and drug the family out to hike a VERY STEEP and insane mountain here in san diego...Cowles Mtn....we even saw a man collapse half way up. It took us an hour to go up...the family slowed me down-myusual time is around 46min. It felt so great!
    So should I weigh in on Friday?:flowerforyou:
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    lol...lol...lol...I thnk I answered my own question about "TOM"....time of mth....I'm getting old....lol.... :laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy:
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    TOM,
    I’ve heard from the girls that you are coming to town. Before you arrive you must know that I am a new woman, I have gained strength and confidence without you. I will no longer allow you to ruin my efforts. I will no longer listen when you tell me;
    • I’m not worthy
    • My jeans are too tight
    • One piece of chocolate is OK
    • I don’t have the strength to workout
    You have set me back more times and in more ways than I can count. You will not hurt me anymore because;
    • I am worthy
    • My jeans are looking good
    • No chocolate is worth losing sight of my goal
    • I do have the strength to work out with or without you
    So Tom, you can come if you must but please understand I will not give you my time, energy or attention while you are here.

Sincerely,
    Randi
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Mak- It's totally up to you when you weigh in. It's TOM here too and I am going to weigh in. I am extremely bloated! Hoping by Friday that much of that will go away. If not, I should expect a larger loss the next week. If you think the number on that scale will set you back, then don't weigh. We are pretty informal here so if you don't post your stats on Fri its no big deal!

Randi- Love this! Hilarious! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Today, has been okay. My workout was good but didn't burn as many calories as I had hoped I would. My back is killing me tonight! Stupid AF! My diet is back on track and I'm hoping for something good on Friday. DF has the next 5 days off so I'm hoping this doesn't influence my plans. I really :heart: my new HRM. I got the polar f6 because I found it for a really good price. I'm not fond of the chest strap but I feel like it is pretty accurate. I feel like I am working myself harder now that I have it too. I actually jogged on the treadmill yesterday! I've NEVER been a runner.

Anyway, it sounds like everyone here is doing great. Thank you soooo much for all of the motivation that I receive here!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    So I posted earlier that I am taking a break from working out, but.......it is so hard for me to do that. Exercise has become such a part of my day. I did not lift weights or run/walk today. I did get back on the exercise bike and the leg is not bothering me and in no way did it put stress on my sore neck. Yay! No need to do nothing while certain body parts heal.

Remember during the TOM to drink that water and maybe more to help with the water weight gain. Remember if it is last over 7 days you should contact your doctor. That is not normal and can lead to other problems such as anemia (I had a fibroid a few years back and my periods got so heavy and long I ended up in the hospital one weekend with a hemoglobin of 4...normal is 10, I needed 4 units of blood to get myself to a level that they let me go home and rest up for surgery a week later.) Take care of your health! Sorry off that soap box its just that I do not want anyone to go through what I went through with that problem .

So it is night time. Do you

a) absolutely not eat after dinner/ a certain time at night

or

b) allow yourself a "good night snack' (that is what my kids call it) and if so what is it?

Good night. Sleep tight have a good dream tonight!

Terri
  • happy_heather121
    happy_heather121 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I usually tell myself "no snack after dinner" but I always end up munching on something. I find that if I plan it ahead of time I can make better decisions. I like to eat fruit. Like tonight for instance, i had a really great dinner but wanted something sweet after so i had a cup of fresh cut pineapple. It was SO SWEET! and left me feeling satisfied... and not guilty which is the best part. I also really like these off brand Creamsicle bars. They are only 90 calories. Not nutritious but also, not too damaging to my day if I have one. I like this question. i wonder what other people eat at night?
  • ewebfitat54
    ewebfitat54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Okay I have not done anyhting on this site but this sounds do-able. I am in.::flowerforyou:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I like red seedless grapes or an apple for my after dinner fruit. Other times its a 1/4 cup of unsalted almonds or even an off brand microwave kettle corn. Sometimes, if I want to do it as more of a reward, its a portioned size cup of mint ice cream. Just depends on how well I have been eating or how hard I have been working out.
  • tabarlett
    tabarlett Posts: 2
    Options
    I'd like to try! I just joined here 1 week ago, and need some interaction with others who are losing weight. Hoping to find
    some weight loss friends for encouragement and support! Your stories are all so motivating, just what I needed to get
    back in gear and get serious. :-)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tabarlett!! And congrats on making the choice to get healthier! We often share our ups and downs, different workout ideas and foods and weigh in when it is best for each of us. So get comfy and enjoy!!
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    I always have a strawberry fruit bar (frozen popsicle) and a string cheese. Its a balanced snack for me. Has 11 carbs, 6 fat and 6 protein.
    The Schwans brand is 40 cal and low sugar and has real chunks of strawberry.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I'm so in love:love: with the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches! :laugh: Also the Weight Watchers Dark chocolate Raspberry ice cream popsicles. Those ROCK :bigsmile: That is my sweet tooth snacks.

Otherwise I will have a bowl of Special K, a bagel-thin with fat free cream cheese, peanut butter on toast, or even just a glass of Silk Chocolate milk.

During the day my snacks are usually fruit with cheese, a special k bar, sugar free pudding, celery sticks, or cottage cheese.

Kelly
  • armoreland
    Options
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies....I need help....Its that time of the mth- should I weigh in on friday still-even with the bloating? And I'm either slow or really old...but some of the abbreviations just fly over my head...what isTOM? I hope I'm not the only one who feels lost sometimes with the abbreviations. I'm still struggling with getting back on track...but its slowly coming to. I jumped up Sunday and drug the family out to hike a VERY STEEP and insane mountain here in san diego...Cowles Mtn....we even saw a man collapse half way up. It took us an hour to go up...the family slowed me down-myusual time is around 46min. It felt so great!
    So should I weigh in on Friday?:flowerforyou:

TOM or Aunt Flo...whatever we call it....I would say go ahead & weigh in. I did & was pleasantly surprised! Just remember to drink extra water & you should be fine. If not, that's ok just step it up for a few days & your results will show! :drinker:
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    I try not to have a snack after dinner but my schedule is so messed up sometime dinner ends up being at 6pm and I don't get to go to bed until 4am. So sometimes I will have a snack and usually I keep it small like a piece of cheese and fruit or I roll up some lunch meet with a piece of cheese. But when I sleep normal I just have water if I feel like snacking because usually it is boredom!!