Kerri's top 10 reasons why you're not losing weight

Options

Replies

• keepitnewmarcia
    keepitnewmarcia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for Kerri's Top 10! I knew most of it but needed to hear it again and all in one place. Thanks very much.
    Marcia:bigsmile:
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Rule #8! It has taken me 8 months to lose 13lbs. So yes this is true. And yes I been working at it since July 2012.

Add note: my ticker is wrong.
  • mamalana2001
    Options
    Love your posts! Thanks for the support!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of those except for number 5 and number 7. The rest are good truths.
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much that is awsome, you should post this every day until everyone reads it lol
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Kerri,
    Thanks for your post. You've given us all encouragement, whether we have 10 lbs or 100 lbs to lose. The ideas of how to and what to check on if we aren't losing are great! Thanks for the post!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • rems2012
    rems2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    well said! :)
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    just posting so i can find it again later

thanks kerri
  • Norellaangell
    Norellaangell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome info!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    Definetely a very old thread - but still good sensible advice. :smile:

I dont think it is neccesarily best to weigh in the morning though - M y husband and I are doing a mini challenge between ourselves and we do a weekly weigh every Sun evening - - I think as long as the weigh time remains consistent - ie either morning or evening adn stick to it - then any variations due to time will be cancelled out.
  • sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great advice and good to know I follow most of the rules you lay out. I will say the two things that have given me the most noticeable success is Drop the Pop (I used to drink about 6 cans of Coke a day - now None. And second, replaced it with Water, lots of it. Aside form spending way more time the bathroom, it has help me to shed the weight.

Afin, great post!
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    does water really help. Lost 11 lb in Jan, zero all feb! 1200-1400 cals day, 20 min hill walk for school run, but hate plain water. Are there alternatives? (Eat vertually no processed foods and stick to all other points). -How much does a cup of veg weigh, as do not have american measures (BMI = 31, so plenty to loose!)

YES, water DEFINITELY helps. Every nutritionist you will ever speak to, listen to or read about will tell you water is a major key to your weight loss success. As stated earlier in this post, you should drink at minimum 8 glasses (8oz) of water per day. Some doctors may recommend drinking half of your body weight in ounces (i.e. 176 pounds = 88 oz of water daily). If you don't like the taste of plain water, try adding a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime to your water. I LOVE the taste of ice cold water with lemon. Maybe add lemon, and cucumber; depends on your taste.
  • drj1955
    drj1955 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Perfect...I needed that. I am stuck. Only have 10 # to lose. Have been doing 1200 - 1500 calories. I do not use salt..extra salt..that is. I try to drink 5 to 8 glasses of water. I do drink black coffee... I am 61 so cardio is a bit much for me, but I do yoga everyday. Limit bread to less than 3 times a week and juice some meals per week. I really thought by cutting out soda, avoiding hfcs and salt,avoiding non sugar sweeteners too, I thought I would be doing better. I have lost 8 pounds so far...ten to go.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    OUTSTANDING!!! :drinker:
  • slhall0822
    slhall0822 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • punkiinslim
    Options
    Love love love this post.
  • kwentz1960
    Options
    Thanks. I dropped 11 pounds and now I am at a stand still... I think for me I grab a few of this and that and don't log it. I don't drink enough water. It has been 50 days and I have gotten sloppy. I need to get back to discipline. I appreciate you sharing! Thanks!
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just want to add on the carbs thing - if you make a lot of them fiber, you will be eating clean and losing weight. MFP doesn't automatically set your fiber goals very high. Mine was 14gms at 1200 cals. I increased my calories a little, but increased my fiber WAY up to 40g per day. Usually, I am over this. This is accomplished with eating clean, whole food.

Also, on the 100 calorie packs - one container of Siggi's nonfat yogurt, any flavor is 100 calories. Packed with protein, delicious and filling.