Cottage cheese HOW DO I?

Options

Replies

• wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it plain (I loves it!), but when I'm feeling ambitious I like to chop up spinach and mix them together, maybe with a dash of nutmeg if I'm feeling saucy. Speaking of sauce, add some tomato sauce to that and you have a great base for a spinach lasgane nom nom nom.

Oh, and live a little, go for the 2%. So much better. :)
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I eat it as quickly as I can and followed by yummy fruit. My friend suggested mixing it with salsa once, though!
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This was a smoothie recipe previously submitted on MFP that I have tried and I think is really really good. And before you get grossed out, just let me say that once you blend the cottage cheese in the smoothie, YOU CANNOT EVEN TELL IT'S IN THERE!! =)

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    1/2 cup nonfat milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    2 Tbsp sugar free chocolate pudding mix (the powder only)
    1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    4 ice cubes (or more if you'd like)
    sweetener to taste (I use Truvia or stevia)

Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until thick and smooth. That's it!!
  • padigirl
    Options
    I sprinkle sugar free Jell-o on my cottage cheese. Raspberry is my favorite. Sometimes I add fresh raspberries to it too! It's so yummy :smile:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Just eat it. Salt and pepper.
    In another life, I used it as a dip with nacho Doritos. Oh heaven.
    Drop a spoonful in a bowl of chili. Delish.

Oh my god, I haven't thought about that in years. But I used to eat Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles with cottage cheese as a dip. It was SOOOO good!!!

I may have to do that again soon. heheh
  • annanderson77985
    annanderson77985 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruits- usually peaches or strawberries.

^ This.. I like it with pears, too.. I also spoon some into scrambled eggs
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    With lemon pepper

With lasagna

Topping for baked potato

On Melba toast
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    Any fruit you like or sometimes I add some sharp grated cheese (picarinno romano : not sure if I spelled that right) and some pepper
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    I cant stand cottage cheese by itself...sooo...
    For dinner. I mixed :

cottage cheese,
    one egg,
    cumin
    black pepper
    onion powder
    garlic powder
    check for salt

blend it all and make Pancakes!!!!:drinker:

What do you put on this pancake when it is ready to eat?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    with Vegemite or Marmite on toast.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I like to put it in my salad.

Find an alternative for yourself. Eat low fat mozz string cheese. It's comparable to cottage cheese in calorie and protein. Or you could add pasteurized liquid egg white for protein and low cals.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I will use cottage cheese as a salad dressing some days. just plop it on top of the lettuce and stuff and mix it in. Then I can get by with 1 tablespoon of ranch for a little more flavor, instead of using all ranch.

Otherwise:
    - plain in a bowl with pepper or paprika, sometimes with crackers on the side
    - with canned or fresh fruit: pineapple, strawberries, mandarin oranges, peaches, fruit cocktail - they're all good
    - instead of ricotta in lasagna or filling pierogi
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Had some for breakfast this morning! I mix a 1/2 packet of Splenda and a few shakes of cinnamon into it and spread on toast or bagel. I also use it to cut the fishy taste of tuna in tuna salad, mixed with lemon-pepper seasoning, celery, red or green onion and shredded cheddar. Good for a tuna melt.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Never thought of adding alt and pepper to it! I love it with peaches or pear, white nectarine... so yummy!
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    some Vegetarian eat eggs some dont but if you do make clean egg salad i use cottage cheese instead of the mayo. I also mix berries with cottage cheese and add some chia seeds if very yummy also if you like curry add some curry to it .i also eat with just sea-salt and pepper . hope this helps
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Delicious blended in a protein shake or smoothie. You can substitute it for any recipe that calls for yogurt. I also like it with mandarin oranges, pineapple, and any kind of berry on it. Yum! I make homemade peach jam from fruit that I grow and it is divine on cottage cheese. But, I also like it plain.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I like to add it to pancake batter and serve it with fruit and maybe a light dusting of powdered sugar.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I only like Friendship 1% WHIPPED cottage cheese. It doesn't have that icky texture (low carbs too). I mix it with some blueberries I microwave with a little water to form a syrup, or a little pumpkin w/ pumpkin pie spice, or a little peanut butter...the list is endless, and it is delicious!!!
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Don't eat it if you don't like it.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I usually eat mine with banana. My favorite lunch option was with banana, pineapple, walnuts and cherries.

It was delicious.