10lbs a week???

Options

Replies

• bspurrie
    bspurrie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple weeks over the last two months where I lost about 5 pounds in one week. but for the rest of the weeks a pound or two makes me happy. I've lost all of my weight since Dec 15th,
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    FOR ALL YOU NEGATIVE PEOPLE PLEASE GET OUT! YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ MY TOPIC IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY. I'VE LOST 15LBS IN A MATTER OF 2MONTHS I'M NOT STUPID! THERE ARE PEOPLE ON HERE WHO HAVE SUCCESS STORIES OF LOOSING 70-80LBS IN 3-6MONTHS SO RELAX. TAKE YOUR NEGATIVITY ELSE WHERE. I SURE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT!

You're in a public forum - negativity comes with the territory. Best of luck! :flowerforyou:

I understand its a public forum but I don't understand why people who don't agree with a topic waste there time posting negativity. I guess they have nothing better to do. Thank you to the people who are sending me positive messages. Myfitnesspal is a place for motivation and support. Leave that negative **** for facebook or on someone else forum!

What you call negative, most people call advice. You asked a question, you are getting answers. Just because it's not what you want, doesn' t mean we are bad people.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Hay everyone,

I know they say healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week but lets be honest who with 30lb+ goal really wants to loose weight slowly? Is is possible to lose 10lbs a week. I mean come on if your at a high weight of 200+ shouldn't your weight falling off in the beginning? Has anyone on here lost 10lbs in a week? Any advice anyone? Please don't post anything negative.

Amanda

10 Lbs of actual fat..no, not possible considering 1 Lb of fat loss per week = 3,500 calorie weekly deficit....10 Lbs would require 35,000 calorie deficit or a 5,000 calorie per day deficit...which mean you would have negative net calories and would be dead in short order.

Also...I had 40+ to lose and have done it the safe, healthy, and slow way. In doing so, and in conjunction with my weight training, I haven't lost a single pound of LBM...all fat loss, no muscle.

People who lose rapidly...and/or have big losses in a week or two is due to release of a lot of water from shocking your body with a lower caloric intake...less calories, the less water your body needs to metabolize those calories. That's why a lot of people lose big early on...not very much of it is actual fat.

Pay close attention to these numbers, OP, and see why it's just not possible.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Sorry for all the rude responses. You should absolutely stick to your goal of losing 30lbs in 3 weeks. No one here can say that's unhealthy or dangerously stupid. They aren't doctors. Everyone is different. And real life is pretty much the same thing as a reality show where people are paid to lose weight.

Some of you people need to follow the guidelines as set forth by MFP. WHATEVER anyone says is good for them. Accurate information that would lead to sustainable weightloss and good health is all poppycock. What matters is being supportive of everyone.

Good luck to you!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    FOR ALL YOU NEGATIVE PEOPLE PLEASE GET OUT! YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ MY TOPIC IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY. I'VE LOST 15LBS IN A MATTER OF 2MONTHS I'M NOT STUPID! THERE ARE PEOPLE ON HERE WHO HAVE SUCCESS STORIES OF LOOSING 70-80LBS IN 3-6MONTHS SO RELAX. TAKE YOUR NEGATIVITY ELSE WHERE. I SURE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR IT!
    You're complaining because you're being told 10lbs in a week isn't possible? :sick: just delete this topic please.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    This thread is embarrassing.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

YEAH EVERYONE JUST RELAX LIKE OMGZ SIMMA DOWN
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Sorry for all the rude responses. You should absolutely stick to your goal of losing 30lbs in 3 weeks. No one here can say that's unhealthy or dangerously stupid. They aren't doctors. Everyone is different. And real life is pretty much the same thing as a reality show where people are paid to lose weight.

Some of you people need to follow the guidelines as set forth by MFP. WHATEVER anyone says is good for them. Accurate information that would lead to sustainable weightloss and good health is all poppycock. What matters is being supportive of everyone.

Good luck to you!

It only took you 6 months to lose the 73lbs right?!
  • Floss2Smile
    Options
    I've heard the quicker you lose it the faster it does come back.
    :cry:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options

LOUD NOISES!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The big weight losses you usually see at first is water weight.

How about eating at a reasonable caloric deficit, exercising (preferably with some strength training) and being patient?
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I lost 15lbs overnight once....I miss my left arm though *sigh*
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you what you want to hear....

But good luck to you!!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

LOUD NOISES!

yelling.gif

I lost 34.5 lbs in 2 months, I'm sure you can too, op!!!!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I lost 15lbs overnight once....I miss my left arm though *sigh*

As long as you got you right arm, you're be okay. :wink:
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options

You're in a public forum - negativity comes with the territory. Best of luck! :flowerforyou:

I understand its a public forum but I don't understand why people who don't agree with a topic waste there time posting negativity. I guess they have nothing better to do. Thank you to the people who are sending me positive messages. Myfitnesspal is a place for motivation and support. Leave that negative **** for facebook or on someone else forum!

Not agreeing with you is not synonymous with being negative. YOU'RE the one taking it that way, as tone and inflection cannot be put into a message written on a forum post. Some people who do not agree are more than likely looking out for your best interest and that of others who may post/read your thread and think its a great and healthy idea to lose a huge amount of weight rather quickly. When in reality, its not.

The Biggest Loser is a scripted reality tv show, where 1 week, really equals around 14-17 days and they are on extremely low calorie diets and dehydrated. Do you want to be starving and thirsty all the time? 1-2 lbs weight loss a week is what is recommended by basically any sane and knowledgeable doctor around. If you want a chance of losing your weight and keeping it off, maintain a calorie deficit, exercise, and drink water.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I think by negative she means the people who are commenting on her spelling and telling her to cut off limbs. Some people are talking to her like she's stupid instead of just giving her information. Not everyone knows everything about weighloss and mocking her question will not help her learn.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    The big weight losses you usually see at first is water weight.

How about eating at a reasonable caloric deficit, exercising (preferably with some strength training) and being patient?

See this is what I'm talking about right here. Sure she's right. Sure it's really the only healthy way to lose weight and keep it off.

But that's not what MFP is about. MFP is about support. Support of any bat**** crazy plan that creeps into your brain or is being sold by Dr. Oz that week.

Eat at a calorie deficit and exercise... I'M SICK OF ALL YOU RUDE HATERZZ!!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You can lose about 8 pounds doing an apple cleanse (only apples, as many as you want, for 3 days) but a lot of it will come back. But it's supposed to rid you of toxins.

You can lose about a pound a day doing a juice cleanse (home-made veggie and fruit juice, and nothing else) but some will come back.

To lose 10 pounds in one week i think you'd have to cut off part of a limb.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    10LBS A WEEK?!!!

tumblr_lun4qvdNVO1qbupz5.gif

I LOSE 20LBS A WEEK.

BEAT THAT BITACH!!!!