Opinions please: Why do women get breast implants?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    I think the only reason a woman would have some foreign, potentially-toxic, substance inserted into their breasts is because of insecurity, society, patriarchy, and to fit some cultural ideal of what someone else has told them looks good. It isn't as simple as being "for a man" as your brother says. It is for society, because if society said that women look better with small breasts, women would act accordingly.
    Agree. In Japan, females with smaller feet were desired more, so women actually bound their feet to make them appear smaller.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I think the only reason a woman would have some foreign, potentially-toxic, substance inserted into their breasts is because of insecurity, society, patriarchy, and to fit some cultural ideal of what someone else has told them looks good. It isn't as simple as being "for a man" as your brother says. It is for society, because if society said that women look better with small breasts, women would act accordingly.
    Agree. In Japan, females with smaller feet were desired more, so women actually bound their feet to make them appear smaller.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    yeah that's some crazy shyt the wealthy had this done at a young age to the point that some women couldn't walk/had never walked.. wtf?

Personally I think it's mostly personal vanity. I think a man's opinion is secondary.
    (this excluding medical reasons, but I think those cases are exceptions)

Also, if I had the money, I'd get a freaking reduction... If ya think it's hard fitting clothes or bras with smaller boobs- try 34-36DDD It's not fun.. n so far they have not shrank with any of my losses, but they gain when I gain. *sigh* at 25 I wouldn't think they'd be growing anymore unless I got pregnant(again) or set a new high weight...
  • DekkaTwoOneWizzy
    Options
    Several years ago I dated this sedentary, chunky, kind, compassionate, incredibly articulate, young woman. With all do respect, aside from her inner attributes, thats not a typical behavioural paradigm in pursue. With no pressure from me AT ALL, she would ask me to help her 'change her body'...she went from a busty boobed 175 5'9 latina to a JACKED 150lbs...I mean it was insane that all that curvy muscle was lurking beneath. In the process her boobs deflated from High D's to asymmetrical B's. She was not happy and asked me what I thought about augmentation. I wasnt gonna say yes or no, have her be the 1 in 50,000 that dies while 'under', and carry that burden. She chose to and went with her original boob size, D's. I would see her years later and she looked soooooooo out of whack. She was now married, sedentary, not fat, but lost all her gains, with this clearly fake breasts that through off her entire bodies symmetry. bigger is not always better...plan for the future.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Josierawr, it doesn't have to be a "you think you got it bad,i got it worse" competition. It sucks if you are outside of the norm on both sides of the spectrum. I can only guess that if you got a reduction you probably wouldn't take it as small as me, the same if i got implants i probably wouldn't take it as big as you. If they don't make clothes to fit you, that sucks, its a pain in the *kitten* whether its because you are to big or small.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Also i don't think i mentioned the femininity thing before but i agree with it. I don't think its neccesarily a socially constructed problem, as biologically women have boobs, they are there for a reason. Lots of 12 year old girls have more boob than me, and i do feel quite manly.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I thought about it off and on for a few years
    I'm an A cup.
    I just never felt I looked proportionate since I have 42" hips.
    Shirts were always baggy.

But then I'd try on a really great push up bra..... and I looked WEIRD.
    It just wasn't me.
    My husband likes my small boobs, so I guess it all worked out lol