If anyone is bored out there, looking to help a girl out!

I am fairly new to calorie counting so please dont judge :)

Im 21 years of age, 5'4. I currently weigh 120 pounds and am trying to get to a slimmer size, PREFERABLY 110 lbs! Please dont comment that I dont need to loose weight or that I am healthy.. I know this, I am doing this for myself because I want to feel more comfortable !

M BMR: 1200-1400 (i think around that number)
BMI: 20.1
body fat percentage: 18.1

I have been trying to eat around 1000-2000 calories daily! My BMR is set to sedentary even though I am somewhat active because i walk around university all day and I work as a bartender part-time=)(decided to be on the safer side lol)

I will give you a sample 4 day of my diet because I honestly have no idea if I am doing this the right way :(... I am going to research more on macronutrients because I have NO clue how i am going to sort those out. I am going to try to cut carbs out though and maybe increase fat and protein obviously! I also need to cut back on sugar I developed a major sweet tooth recently:P

Monday:
Ate 1201 calories, exercise, 74, Net: 1127

Tuesday:
Ate 1198 calories, exercise: 281 calories, net: 917.

Wednesday:
Ate 1683 calories, exercise: 104 calories, net: 1579.

Thursday:
Ate 1769 calories, exercise: 547 calories, net: 1222

Please give me some advice if I am doing anything wrong, because I am worried that I am eating too much since most BMR calculators told me that my calories were 1200 (i know thats not my TDEE, but still).I am so confused:s Should I be eating less? more?

Thanks in advance people!!!

Replies

• julscoso
    julscoso Posts: 2
    Try going Gluten, Dairy & Sugar free Monday to Friday. It helps a lot!
  • shineyapple
    shineyapple Posts: 94 Member
    Try going Gluten, Dairy & Sugar free Monday to Friday. It helps a lot!

my mom would kill me :P hahaha
  • shineyapple
    K
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Have your tried running and weight lifting?
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    you probably need to get tone and you would maybe gain muscle weight not lose lbs.. to do so. At your point you need to do something to bring the bmi down a tad bit and focus on strengthening and toning now
  • shineyapple

Why does it matter?

I walk long distance & I swim. I am wondering simply about calories....
  • shineyapple
    you probably need to get tone and you would maybe gain muscle weight not lose lbs.. to do so. At your point you need to do something to bring the bmi down a tad bit and focus on strengthening and toning now

Okay no. Thats why I mentioned to not judge on what im trying to do but HOW im doing it. i dont want to strengthen and tone I want to lose fat and inches.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member

Why does it matter?

Why? Because if you want to get HEALTHY, you should be doing some resistance training. This smacks of some sort of ED.

ETA: You will lose fat and inches by lifting. You wont get bulky. Take it from several here who have been doing this for a very long time that slow and steady, and HEALTHY intake is key. You need to be more consistent with how much you eat and i can tell you right now that neither 1200 and especially NOT 900 is enough to sustain a healthy body.
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member

Okay no. Thats why I mentioned to not judge on what im trying to do but HOW im doing it. i dont want to strengthen and tone I want to lose fat and inches.

honestly, I dont think your going to find a lot of "help" on here to reach this goal of yours. especially when you are so defensive.
  • shineyapple

Why does it matter?

Why? Because if you want to get HEALTHY, you should be doing some resistance training. This smacks of some sort of ED.

..and what gives you the impression that I am unhealthy or that I have an ED? Resistance training is the only way to "get" healthy IF i was somehow unhealthy.. I am the healthiest person on earth lol
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    According to this:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Your BMR is 1372, you should NEVER be eating below that. Your TDEE is 1886. So you need to decide from there how you want to proceed in your cut.
  • shineyapple
    Srry i know I was a little im just frustrated!If my calories were not right, than how come I was told this until later on though! thats what I needed to hear. Instead " do some resistance training...blah blah blah" I am still confused but whatever Ill just do research I guess :(

honestly, I dont think your going to find a lot of "help" on here to reach this goal of yours. especially when you are so defensive.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Eating less than your BMR is generally not a good idea. Find your BMR and your TDEE and shoot for a net calorie count between the two. This will help you lose weight healthily. If you add some sort of resistance training, it will help you to maintain muscle mass, which will keep your metabolism higher.
  • shineyapple
    According to this:

Your BMR is 1372, you should NEVER be eating below that. Your TDEE is 1886. So you need to decide from there how you want to proceed in your cut.

Hmm so thats a lot! I SHOULD be eating 1886 calores. Is this my net calories?!

p.s. thank you.
  • Ranozoa
    Ranozoa Posts: 2
    Okay guys, nothing to see here. Topic maker is obviously a troll with lines like " I am the healthiest person on earth lol".
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    According to this:

THIS ^^^ is a great place to begin in your research. I think it takes each person doing the research on their own anyway so they can KNOW what to do, how to do it and what to change when change is necessary. Scoobys workshop is a great website, so it fat2fitradio.com
  • shineyapple
    Okay guys, nothing to see here. Topic maker is obviously a troll with lines like " I am the healthiest person on earth lol".

LOL .. i am though..
    :)
  • shineyapple
    According to this:

THIS ^^^ is a great place to begin in your research. I think it takes each person doing the research on their own anyway so they can KNOW what to do, how to do it and what to change when change is necessary. Scoobys workshop is a great website, so it fat2fitradio.com

Yea I used fat2fitradio.com :).. I am going to download the app to listen to the podcasts!