how often do you eat dessert ? (satisfy that sweet tooth!)

Options

Replies

• Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    alergic to chocolatte
    tend to pig out with peanut butter
    feel heavy in tummy after eating most of cakes
    I have apple pie once in blue moon that gives me mad sugar rush.

I avoid desserts mostly cos they seem more effort than its worth for me. I like to think "sweet tooth" is just brain programming like addiction to niccotine etc.
    My outlook could've been completely different if I didnt have alergy to chocolate :P
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    twice a day
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Pot of sugar free jelly. 8 cals and 2 carbs... Satisfies my sweet cravings.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly if I'm craving something sweet or a protein shake.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Premium ice cream daily, honeycomb flavored this week, so, so, sweet and creamy.
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Almost every day and sometimes more. I can't even say I know of anyone who has a bigger sweet tooth than I do. I do try my very best to keep it in check and balance my sugar with other healthy foods and vitamins. I don't always succeed.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Every night.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Once a week if at all. But really it depends because sometimes it will be a piece of fruit which I don't think you can count as desert. Other times it'll be 3-4 hours after my dinner and just a strip of dark chocolate, which again, I don't think classes as desert but more a snack.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    twice a day for hubby.
  • 5hellz
    5hellz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I try to have something sweet about once a week....cuz otherwise, I would go crazy and this 1200 calories per day would never work for me =)
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Daily, for sure!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have protein shakes or protein/fiber bars instead. It's healthier at least and helps my sweet tooth. I've had a couple mini bags of Haribo gummies a few times too. I try and avoid real desserts... or I grab strawberries.

The no sugar stuff is just as bad anyway with all the artificial sweeteners in them.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Dessert Daily! Either cinnamon/sugar almonds (123 calories for 28g serving) or 3-2-1 mug cake (134 calories per 3 Tbsp serving - that's pre-cooking, it expands)
  • tenintwenty
    Options
    I eat dessert at least 3 times per day.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious how often you guys all eat dessert? Or if not dessert, something else that you crave but maybe shouldn't eat everyday.

Or do you think that as long as it fits in your daily calorie intake it doesn't matter?

Personally, I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth. mostly for chocolate and cookies. not a big candy person.
    I found this really good chocolate frozen yogurt that's 180 cals for a cup. if its fits in my calorie intake can I have it often? or no? Because it totally satisfies my cravings without making them worse (which cookies and other chocolates do, I can never only have 1 of those.. )

If something satisfies a craving and fits your calorie goals, you absolutley should eat that thing (assuming it's not poisonous or dangerous in some other way, of course).

I like to have a little something sweet after dinner most days. Usually I go for cocoa roast almonds, but sometimes strawberries dipped in chocolate (usually Nutella), or some peanut butter mixed with maple syrup. And more rarely (because I have them more rarely) low cal frozen treats.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Once a day-there's nothing wrong with treating yourself to a cookie or two.
    Everything in moderation folks!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Everyday, I usually have dark chocolate on my porridge in the morning........!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Usually once a day, after dinner. I work my *kitten* oiff in the gym you damn better believe I'm going to eat that cookie or cake.
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I also have a sweet tooth. I have ice cream, low fat or no sugar added, every night, about 300 calories. I plan it into the diet daily. I have compromised so much with watching what I eat, I deserve it!! I even go for soft serve in the summer or have RIta's-- a sugar free gelato. I also love baked goods and plan those into my diet. Weight watchers have 90 calorie treats or those 100 calorie bags are good if you have no willpower. Throughout the day, if I get a sweet craving, I keep grapes on the counter, I grab several of those. It's all about balance between diet and exercise. no one said it's easy, a lifestyle for sure!
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and chocolate are my two biggest weaknesses. Most of the time I can replace the ice cream with frozen mashed bananas and still be satisfied. With chocolate, I use mini chocolate chips in healthier foods or I'll make brownies with protein powder. Managing the sweet tooth is a work-in-progress!