• Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    LOVE!!
    Bumping for inspiration :heart:
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Girl-you didn't look bad before but you are smokin' now!!! dammmnnn!!! All your hard work paid off! thanks for sharing-what an inspiration!!!!!!!!
  • daisyspaced
    daisyspaced Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for posting this. My brain has become cluttered with conflicting opinions posted in these forums. You look great! After 42 - 44 pounds of weight loss in 10 months timing I've hit a plateau. This kind of helps me to change gears and focus on heavy lifting. Thanks again for inspiring me! :smile:
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!!!! You're 100% right and an inspiration!!!
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Well, you look very bite-able. Good job!
  • fighterdiva
    fighterdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look fantastic. Love your dress, btw!
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I want to be a she-hulk like the OP :wink:

Amazing! I just don't really know where to start. I go to the gym at the university where I work and the kids who work there, well, I'm not sure how much help they'd be. I can't afford a personal trainer. Would the book New Rules of Lifting for Women be helpful if I'm totally starting from scratch? I've only ever used the weight machines - never the free weights.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Love love LOVE this!!! Fantastic work, OP!!!!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your arms!!!
    Amazing work.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I see so many beginners here, particularly women who are scared of the weights! DON'T BE! And don't stay in your comfort zone of 5lb-10lbers! Push yourself! I promise you'll love the results. Also, do it before your cardio and it will boost your calories lost. I wish I had known this when I first started losing weight. I focused pretty strictly on cardio and calisthenics to lose the weight. But started adding some dumbbell routines as I went along. When I finally joined the gym, I met some great people (including my current amazing boyfriend) who have taught me proper techniques and new workouts to better myself and my body. I also recently started taking whey protien as well and have already seen a difference! I think women assume that if they touch a dumbbell they're going to turn into a she-hulk, but without proper nutrition and the right drugs it doesn't happen like that: this is what happens

Starting with just cardio:
    7068229073_e0ca3daf34.jpg
    Workout progress by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people
    /kristinamoser/]Khrystina the Ninja[/url], on Flickr

Then I started learning bit by bit at a gym. Had terrible form, and limited equipment at my parents resort (yes, resort gym -_- haha)
    Eventually they said I could no longer workout there unless I wanted to spend nearly a thousand dollars a month for my own membership 0_0
    7557970336_91972e9c29.jpg
    learning. by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    7600109072_ca78fa19d2.jpg
    wrar? by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    7843135926_23d3777613.jpg
    arms by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr

Then I joined LA Fitness and started really amping it up!
    7876860826_ee32aba1df.jpg
    Beast Mode by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    A MONTH after that photo was taken I took this one
    7990340806_c1f0304cbc.jpg
    0914121528 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    My training buddy Tony has taught me so much about weight training and pushing my limits. None of those fake squats anymore
    8176531576_3cd7686f63.jpg
    IMG950557 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr.
    Shoulder routine
    8258909756_57c9f055b2.jpg
    shoulder day by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    8258904780_6230b34e60.jpg
    Snapshot_20121207 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    8406549143_e11c41a516.jpg
    triceps and shoulders by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    8519125146_2c177fccca.jpg
    POV abs by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr

Take my word for it ladies, once in a while it's ok to join the big boys in the back of the gym. Don't be intimidated. The results don't lie! I've never been more confident in my body my whole life! I'm not stick thin, I'm fit! I weigh a bit more than I did in high school and yet I feel like I have a better body for it! And all those nay-sayers who claim that you'll look "Manly" with muscles....they can bite me ;-)
    8518092045_2941701907.jpg
    DSCN8386 by Khrystina the Ninja, on Flickr
    wow love the end pic, you look gorgeous. I asked my trainer at the gym if it made any difference if cardio came first and he said no.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your arms!!!
    Amazing work.
    yeah gotta agree, great arms!!!!!!!!!!
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread! Thanks for posting! :) You look amazing!
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    As someone who is trying to get back where I was 10 years ago when I was kickboxing and boxing heavily, thank you for this! I have lost count of how many times I have had to tell women that weight training does not make you manly.

Another thing as a newly diagnosed diabetic, weight training helps burn sugar and carbs off faster than cardio does and it boosts the calories burned in cardio. After 6 weeks I've now been able to up my weights, and while the progress is slow, I know I will get back to the weights I used to be able to do.

And there are PLENTY of men that can appreciate an athletic, muscular build on a woman, trust me. I used to wrestle plenty of them.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    great post!!!
  • kaitlink9
    kaitlink9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for motivation later.

Good on ya girly. Keep picking things up and putting them down.

Sincerly,

A fellow lover of weights. <3
  • nachodman
    nachodman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Very inpsiring photos...keep up the great work. You look AWESOME!
  • iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look stunning! Congrats on your progress!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    This is what I want to do!!! Starting this month, I want to start weight/strength training at the gym!
    Thanks for inspiring me!!

And yeah, I told my bf I wanted to start lifting, and his first words were "you are going to get big and bulk up".
    hahaha I should show him this..... :wink:
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I want to be a she-hulk like the OP :wink:

Amazing! I just don't really know where to start. I go to the gym at the university where I work and the kids who work there, well, I'm not sure how much help they'd be. I can't afford a personal trainer. Would the book New Rules of Lifting for Women be helpful if I'm totally starting from scratch? I've only ever used the weight machines - never the free weights.

I was in the same place as you. I read that book. I am now 8 weeks in and loving it. I suggest this book to anyone and everyone.