Fat sick and nearly dead.

Options

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I juiced a 24 oz New York Strip steak, a loaded baked potato, and two slices of Texas Toast before I ate them last night, and I did not gain a pound. It has to work.

^^^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ^^^

This tickled me...Thanks...
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I liked the documentary. I don't have a juicer, nor am I planning on buying one. I try to incorporate fruits and veggies in my diet daily. To get some extra greens in, I put a few handfuls of kale or spinach in my protein shakes with some frozen strawberries, protein powder, and almond milk. I use it as pre/post workout shake. It is delicious! It has helped curb my late night cravings.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    When fruit and veggies are in season at the farmer's market, we'll make our own juice instead of buying it. The kids love coming up with their own combinations. Spinach and cucumber even make it into most of them. We gladly drink our juice along with our food though...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I think Juicing should only be used on rare occasions as a detox. You know.. After a week long vacation of crap food and alcohol. To me, a healthy diet is one that can be maintained for a lifetime. Juicing is not something that you can sustain yourself on. It is expensive and you can get the same nutrients from eating the fruit and veggie as a whole for a whole lot less money.

Not sure if srs. What would you be detoxing exactly? What advantage does this have over your body's natural detoxification process? How does this "juice" "detox" exactly?

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • Me48Plus2
    Me48Plus2 Posts: 73
    Options
    Well , no one can juice forever. As such, they'd gain back all the weight .
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think people here are missing the point.

The point of juicing is for people that otherwise wouldn't eat massive amounts of green leafy vegetables and colorful veggies and fruits... to well... consume them somehow.

I just CAN'T eat a pig's trough full of greens each day. I just won't. I can eat a large salad bowl, and do sometimes, but not a 2 gallon bowl. So I have learned to consume those fruits and veggies in green smoothies.

But for some, the consistency of all that extra fiber is too much. Or it messes with their digestion. For those people, I would say juice...

Is a pure juice diet sustainable? Of course not. Would a 10 day juice fast followed up with a 5 day per week "juice only" lunch be a great way for people to eat WAY more veggies/fruit, consume less calories, and get the nicronutrients from a raw food kind of diet?

ABSOLUTELY.

Check out my profile and open diary for how I usually eat 3-4 days worth of about 64 ounces of green smoothies. I've been doing green smoothies for workdays for 2 years. I'm not thin obviously... but it's helped me from being twice as huge.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Watched it several months ago, impressed with the weight loss but not in how it was achieved. He was under a doctor's care often and when you can achieve similar results by just eating in a healthy way...why go extreme?
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hey people, juicing has its purpose -- have you ever tried pouring vodka into a whole apple?!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Makes me wanna juice soo bad. I love that documentary. It's so inspiring. Has anyone on here gone on a juice fast and seen results like his?

Why juice it? Just eat the stuff.....This whole juicing thing is really kind of crazy......as if turning it into juice somehow magically transforms the nutrients into muscle building/fat burning/energy restoring magic molecules.

Ice cream afficionado
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

Actually, instead of juicing Jac i did "AIRING" i turned my food into air and ate that. I lost 101lbs in a 4,000 a day calorie diet of air.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I juiced a 24 oz New York Strip steak, a loaded baked potato, and two slices of Texas Toast before I ate them last night, and I did not gain a pound. It has to work.

haha! I am picturing you juicing a steak...hahahaha!!!
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    Makes me wanna juice soo bad. I love that documentary. It's so inspiring. Has anyone on here gone on a juice fast and seen results like his?

Why juice it? Just eat the stuff.....This whole juicing thing is really kind of crazy......as if turning it into juice somehow magically transforms the nutrients into muscle building/fat burning/energy restoring magic molecules.

Ice cream afficionado
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

Actually, instead of juicing Jac i did "AIRING" i turned my food into air and ate that. I lost 101lbs in a 4,000 a day calorie diet of air.

How does one track their macros with airing?
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

Ice cream afficionado
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

I wrote it down in invisible ink.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Hey people, juicing has its purpose -- have you ever tried pouring vodka into a whole apple?!

I agree - fresh juice does taste much better with alcohol than the store bought stuff. Also, baking with the leftovers makes some very tasty baked treats!
  • erin4455
    Options

Ice cream afficionado
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

I wrote it down in invisible ink.

Duh, naturally. I should have thought it out first. :P
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have to juice my fruits/veggies due to a medical condition (when it flares up, anyway), and I'm not sure why someone would actively choose to do a juice fast. It's so much more filling and satisfying to actually EAT the vegetables. And if I'm not mistaken, juicing removes the fibre. Fibre is good. Plus, juicing is not very cost-effective at all -- you're losing a ton of the vegetable instead of ingesting it.

And take it from someone who has to go for long periods of time on liquid diets: it sucks to try to keep nutrients balanced, it sucks to try to keep from hurting your metabolism, and you constantly feel either hungry or queasy even when you get enough calories for the day.

Again: WHY would you CHOOSE that? And if you want to choose that, can I trade places with you? Because I've been confined to this crap since December, and I am desperate for real food.

Edit: Though I think it's great when people juice to supplement their diets when they normally don't eat veggies -- juice can be *part* of a complete, nutritious diet
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That $tuff right there is funny!

Anyway..saw FSND, owe a juicer. No I don't use meal replacement. However, I do use my juicer to increase my intake of clean, unprocessed vegetables when snaking is unrealistic i.e. @ work or school.

I have noticed an increase in energy and awareness, without the crash that comes from caffeine, sugars and starches. Over the past past year I have tried a million different ways to increase veg intake from adding kale/spinach and other vegetable to my protein shakes, but found the grit disgusting; or trying to carry snacks only to find there was no opportune time to eat them. For me, juicing has created a way to supplement my diet with additional veg.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I think Juicing should only be used on rare occasions as a detox. You know.. After a week long vacation of crap food and alcohol. To me, a healthy diet is one that can be maintained for a lifetime. Juicing is not something that you can sustain yourself on. It is expensive and you can get the same nutrients from eating the fruit and veggie as a whole for a whole lot less money.

Not sure if srs. What would you be detoxing exactly? What advantage does this have over your body's natural detoxification process? How does this "juice" "detox" exactly?

well, some people here were born without kidneys, so they ....

ah, never mind. I can't even pretend that detoxing from food is a real thing.
  • erin4455
    Options
    ^ ^ Haha
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i really like spinach, kale, and broccoli sauteed with olive oil.. and a little bit of lemon juice/salt/pepper.

not in a blender with fruit.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!