Hard to Poop. TMI

atamrowski
atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
Ok so now you seem the title and wonder what this is about. Well it's actually what it states. Ever since I've changed the way I eat, I'm finding that I'm popping less and it's more if a struggle.

Gone are the earlier days where I would throw mud without trying and it was often. Now that I think back, I also experienced alot of tummy distress and bloating too.

Now I go once a day and its harder to get it out than I ever though. Surprisgly no tummy distress or bloating anymore. And I do eat more fiber than I used to.

So what gives?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    I ate a can of corn this morning...I liked them better when they were tin...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Make sure you are getting enough healthy fat in your diet.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    You know, not to pick nits, but you could have done without the to in the thread title. Just sayin'.

As to your problem; two words: prune juice.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    more water and benefiber, healthy fats and oils
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    I heard Coffee enemas are the new thing. :wink:
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Ok TMI....I end up with the same problem when I eat healthier. I end up making sure I eat extra fiber & take Fiber One and either get gassy or it doesn't help. Since I haven't been eating so well, I'm back to being "normal" in that way. Ugh. Can't win.... ;)
  • ourglasswalls
    ourglasswalls Posts: 44 Member
    More water.

Yep this
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Johnny Footballs Pic is too funny! hahaha Yes PRUNE JUICE! lol and water water water!
  • you probably are still under your fiber needs and you probably are eating less fat in your diet which can help "grease" the wheels
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Is your fat high enough in your diet?
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    try a good acidophilus pill daily.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Is there anyone out there cuz its gettin' harder and harder to poop....whoaoo whoaoo
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    I added more fiber to my diet(veggies) and a supplement called psyllium husk and chia seeds. Water about 10-15 cups per day.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Hot coffee always works for me............ tons of water all day every day
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    more water and up your fiber
  • fightlikeagirl182
    fightlikeagirl182 Posts: 13 Member
    More water.

This. From experience. :blushing:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Try some Taco Bell

Only kinda joking. I personally find when I eat too clean, its hard to get things going in the bathroom. Try some fatty foods, give the body something to push out ya know.

*no science to back my statement. Just personal experience*
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    More water, fibre and letting your body get used to the change which can take anywhere from weeks to months.

Sometimes a big change in what you regularly eat throws your body into shock so it tries to figure out what to do so some regular functions may not function regularly until your body figures out what to do with the increase/decrease.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Ditto on the probiotics. Started them recently and...........yeah.