Replies

• brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, you are welcome to add me.
  • vkmcewen
    vkmcewen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in a few weeks, and am on here daily. Feel free to add me!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 41 in May. Anyone can add me if they'd like, always welcome new friends :smile:
  • Isshinryuboi
    Options
    There's nothing social about it; it is a science. Your body has to be in good condition to even start exercising right, or you can get hurt. You cant smoke: If you can't quit, then don't even try to improve your body. Start out with mental and emotional therapy, before you can handle the struggle of getting fit; you need self-discepline, too much support is weakness also.. You have to workout according to what your health is. If you try to starve yourself to drop weight, you will fail. Obcessing over your body is a weakness, so get help if you want the power to do right. Don't even worry about what you are eating at first, just start walking very briskly every night for at least 30min. You have to make a priority out of doing it too, if this is what you want. Sign on here and record everything and don't be discouraged when it says you have too much or too less, that is more advanced technique. When you feel like you are too comfy with walking and it doesn't hurt anymore, you are on a plateau and will go back down if you don't give yourself a challenge. Now start conditioning your heart by jogging till you feel like you are floating in a cloud and never get tired. That means you are on a plateau for running. Congrats, you are conditioned and your metabolism will now reject storing weight. Now you can read and talk to your doctor about a balanced diet and start using resistance in your workouts. Never do the same thing after you are past the running stage or you will plateau.
  • pmmiller10
    pmmiller10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 40 something and need help. Exercising and eating the right amount . I have gone on 3 trips the last 3 weekends and went off my eating plan. I think I am sabotaging all of my weekday work! I can't lose a pound no matter how much i exercise. This week I am excersising twice a day and sticking to TDEE - 20%.
  • mcdaws
    mcdaws Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and working to lose 50 more lbs. Add me if you like. I log on almost every day.
  • suzscott72
    suzscott72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    41 in a few weeks, add me or shoot me either or :)
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi....I've sent a you a friend request...if anyone else would like to be friends I'm up for it!
  • carplady
    carplady Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im 47 - nearly 48 and joined 4 weeks ago - loving the site - anyone please feel free to add me as a friend
  • oneman1
    oneman1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    45 but not for long, feel free to add me
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

But I'm not finding the weightloss hard.
    But then I haven't tried losing weight before. It might have been really easy 10 years ago...who knows....
  • Jennystimetolose
    Jennystimetolose Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 this year and I'm looking for motivated friends feel free to add me :))
  • Bison008deleted
    Options
    Just turned 40 also...it's harder but it WILL get done! Feel free to add...one and all.
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    49 here, feel free to add me! Love MFP!
  • Backpackingmom
    Backpackingmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm 45 and always looking for friends to help encourage me on my journey. :smile:
  • rachcunningham91
    Options
    I just turned 40 a few months ago and this is my first week on MFP. Looking forward to feeling better. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 this year and have goals to meet before the big 40. I have been focused since February but using myfitpal on my phone is january. I have lost 9 pounds so far. I lost then gained then lost 2 more pounds as of yesterday by increasing my caloric intake and drinking more water. Love the advice and motivation on this site. Add me if you like.
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    There's nothing social about it; it is a science. Your body has to be in good condition to even start exercising right, or you can get hurt. You cant smoke: If you can't quit, then don't even try to improve your body. Start out with mental and emotional therapy, before you can handle the struggle of getting fit; you need self-discepline, too much support is weakness also.. You have to workout according to what your health is. If you try to starve yourself to drop weight, you will fail. Obcessing over your body is a weakness, so get help if you want the power to do right. Don't even worry about what you are eating at first, just start walking very briskly every night for at least 30min. You have to make a priority out of doing it too, if this is what you want. Sign on here and record everything and don't be discouraged when it says you have too much or too less, that is more advanced technique. When you feel like you are too comfy with walking and it doesn't hurt anymore, you are on a plateau and will go back down if you don't give yourself a challenge. Now start conditioning your heart by jogging till you feel like you are floating in a cloud and never get tired. That means you are on a plateau for running. Congrats, you are conditioned and your metabolism will now reject storing weight. Now you can read and talk to your doctor about a balanced diet and start using resistance in your workouts. Never do the same thing after you are past the running stage or you will plateau.

I'm glad we have an expert here! I normally wouldn't respond to a post like this but this post hit me wrong!

Sorry, I would have to disagree, you get motivation and support by being social on a site such as this! If you don't believe there is anythig social about it, it's all science - why are you on a social fitness site?
  • redphoenix64
    redphoenix64 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I know what you mean, please feel free to add me as a friend. i am 48 and it is hard
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    41 here