What's the worst thing said about your weight ?

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My Gramma offered to buy me some clothes. I said I had heaps of summer clothes but come winter, I'd need a new wardrobe. She said "Well, hopefully you'll have lost some weight by then, so you can buy something nice for once".

Old bag.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I work in a motel and was walking down the hall in front of three little girls. I could hear them laughing and stomping their feet like an elephant or something was walking down the hall.

I turned around and told them it would be best if they walked in front of me.

Not two minutes after I got back to the desk their mother called and was screaming at me for yelling at her children and calling them brats. I said maam I did not raise my voice and I said one sentence to them.

A few minutes after that here they come to apologize. Turns out the older one confessed what really happened.

That was, honestly, the only time I remember being mistreated due to my fat.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am finally out of plus sizes. Just barely cause I can fit most 17s and a few 15s. I have small hips but a fat stomache. I have until recently wore my clothes fairly large and typical plus clothing. A few years back I was at kohl's shopping. I was in juniors and I asked a lady for help. She pointed me to ladies. When I assured her I was in the right section. I was looking for a fifteen. She told me there was nothing there to fit me and refused to help me. I was shopping for my daughter. I was completely humiliated. Now I will soon be in a 15. Almost unbelievable. Also that I moved fast for a pregnant lady. I was just fat and I knew I didn't fit in juniors. People are so insensitive. Since soon I will not be fat anymore they are going to have to come up with a new Insult
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just recently had a patient say to me "you are pregnant, aren't you?" Hell No! My co-workers were more pissed than I was, they all agreed that I look like I've lost weight and the lady was just rude.
    Looking at your medical records and it says "morbidly obese"
    Trying to get on rides at Busch Gardens only to be humiliated when the bar would not lock down over my hips and stomach.
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    Options
    A long time ago in my first marriage i worked at wal mart and this man said if u would take ur weight off u could find a man ur not bad looking. Well i didnt say this but for one i was married and had a man and two i wouldnt care about his opinion anyways. That was just so rude it really hurt my feelings!!!
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The worst thing ever said to me was by my husband when he told me he was no longer attracted to me and that I let myself go. I don't think any words could cut me as deeply as those words did. It's been nearly 2 years and 42 pounds lost since he said that and it still makes me cry.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I was called thunder thighs in high school and it made me feel horrible. Now looking back, yes, I was pear shaped even back then, but I only weighed 140 and I was 5'6" -- I'd take it now!!!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    "you have sch a pretty face, too badd your ...."
    ummm.... ouch!!
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember specifics. It just seems like high school was one long blur of a group of guys moo-ing at me.

This.
  • feliligram
    Options
    when I was younger my mother use to tell me that since I weighed as much as a grown women and I should be able to lift as much as a grown women. I was probably around 13 at the time. :embarassed: Needless to say it always stuck with me. :grumble:
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I can't believe people would say that. Terrible.

Definitely not like anything I have read on here! Geez!

I have been told I have a pretty face, tho. And once when I was little, my dad told my mom she needed to have me running laps around the house. I wasn't meant to hear it, but hear it I did . And yes, it still sticks with me :(
  • Blair_Waldorf
    Blair_Waldorf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad I found this discussion. I've heard alot of hurtful things in my life and now see that I'm not the only one. It helps comfort me a little somehow. There are alot of mean and inconsiderate people in the world.
  • susannegreen
    susannegreen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I hate how people have to mention when you gain weight......it's like, "Oh no!! Really? I hadn't noticed. Glad you let me know."

I am only 4 months into my weight loss journey and people tell me how I look SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better now.....I mean I appreciate the recognition, but it makes me feel like I was disgusting them before.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    It's not the things that were said that cut deepest.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Let hater's be hater's .. Don't pay them no attention !! If they are going to be rude, and degrading they aren't worth your time. Don't let asshat's like that get to you!!! Be happy with yourself!!! You know what I do to hater's *bends over* see this jiggly *kitten* .. KISS IT!!! :) Move on and don't pay them no attention!!!
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I guess everyone has a preference. I've never been big, but I have had some guys some I'm too big and others say I'm not thick enough.

I used to work with a group of guys, and they were just obsessed with making fun of fat people. There was this elevator that the larger people would use, and they thought it was funny to call it the person's name Express. I'm not sure why they were so obsessed with discussing this one lady's weight. I mean, she was 5'2" and maybe 200 lbs. It's not the end of the world.

I did have somebody tell me I had a fupa because I have a little extra belly fat. I guess that was payback for me telling him he had DSLs. lol
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    I was teased in high school they use to call me fat pig and fat cow it really hurt my feelings im trying to lose my weight so most of the ppls that teased me they are not skinney anymore
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My father kept on calling my legs "Parma hams" through out my whole childhood and teenage times.... this was harsh. Also, my mum would keep on asking me why the hell I can't loose some weight. This was also harsh.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Only what I have said to myself...unless I didn't hear?
  • mayalin03
    Options
    I've gotten 'stop laughing, no seriously, stop laughing. it makes your stomach jiggle and that doesn't look good.' To what really got me wanting to chance myself was from my daughter who's 4 1/2 'I want to grow up and be skinny, not big like you mommy.'