What's the worst thing said about your weight ?

Options
What was the worst thing said about your weight ?

My boyfriends mom told me that his dad doesn't like overweight people and that's why he doesn't talk to me much.

Replies

• rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've been told I'm too fat to find a good guy, that I'm probably easy because fat girls will give it up to anyone, that I should just give up looking for the love of my life and just settle, that I would be a downgrade for whoever settles for me.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I can't believe people would say that. Terrible.
  • R0asted
    R0asted Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Back in high school I used to get told things like "Go eat a sandwich", not to go outside cause the wind will blow me away, etc. Also got called "big head", "apple head" etc, which is not really directly about my weight but I guess my head looked big compared to my skinny body.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Either:

That I looked better at a heavier weight - as I was starting to get a ****ey-doo.

or

That I was wasting away to nothing - even though I was (OK - still am, but working on it) skinny fat.
  • lily653
    lily653 Posts: 18
    Options
    That I didn't need a winter jacket because my blubber would keep me warm.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    Honestly, the worst things said about my weight have been said BY me in my own head. :grumble:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Some people are terrible :( Fortunately I never suffered these terrible unecessary comments. Without doubt, people treat you better when you weigh less. I don't get it :S
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Don't you hate it when people tell you not to get "too skinny"! I mean...what in the hell is too skinny? I am far from it! Nor do I plan to ever be there!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I was told by someone they were embarrased to go out with me because of my weight.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I can't even remember specifics. It just seems like high school was one long blur of a group of guys moo-ing at me.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The nerve of some people make me sick!!!
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That I'm completely worthless and don't deserve love.

I was also told once that all of us fat people should just kill ourselves because it's not fair that other people have to look at us and the world would be so much better without us.

Some people are completely ignorant and rude.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the worst things said about my weight have been said BY me in my own head. :grumble:

yup.

I also hate it when people say nasty things about other overweight people in front of me. I hold my weight well, but not THAT well - I mean - if you look at me, you see I am overweight. I usually tell whoever said it that their comment was uncalled for, but then it makes me wonder what they say when I'm not there.
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    My mom hurts my feelings the most, honestly. She's really passive aggressive. Like, for Christmas she gave me a 6 pack of toast chee crackers and saw me eating one and she was like, "Now you know you can have self control and control your portions..." I was thinking, "Uh yeah I know that. How do you think I lost 20 (expletive) pounds?"
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Stop losing so much weight!
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I was told by someone they were embarrassed to go out with me because of my weight.

I've been told that and I've been told to break up with my boyfriend because I make him look bad and if I really loved him I wouldn't embarrass him like that.
  • joleciamichelle
    joleciamichelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Funny enough, I was a pretty popular kid so I didn't get picked on really at all growing up. It has been family and (people I thought were) friends who have been the harshest. I went to visit my grandma once after not seeing her for an entire year (which is a lot because we're close) and the first words she said to me were "what a chub! look at this big chubby lady! ahh, what a chub!" I'm like, hey grandma, nice to see you too.
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    A lot, but the thing that stands out most to me happened when I was 13 and went school clothes shopping with my mom. After trying on a pair of 13's that were pretty snug, she looked at me and said, "If you don't stop gaining weight, I'm going to take you to a fat doctor." Which meant she was going to take me to get put on weight loss pills, because that's what most of my family did... and they didn't lose a pound. She never took me, though, but that doesn't mean she didn't continue to harp on me about my weight. She never changed the things she bought at the grocery store, either. :ohwell:

Needless to say, her words really didn't do much to change my eating habits.

Oh yeah, and my grandma, who was obese, always asking me, "why can't you be skinny like your cousins?"
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    My friend's husband was drunk, bumped into me and caused me to knock a beer off the table. He slured and called me a "F***ing Fata**".

I then punched him.

He apologized...I said okay.

She and I are no longer friends, and he's still a ****.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    In 4th grade I was teased that I might break the chair I was sitting in at school. That stung.

More recently, my mother-in-law told my husband (when we were engaged, 5 years ago) not to expect me to be able to change and that I would probably be overweight my whole life. Thank you for the vote of confidence...