What's the worst thing said about your weight ?

Options

Replies

• daniafayyad
    Options
    Your mom does not define you hun. What she says does not define you either. You are more than 'good enough'. You're great. Not everyone has the strength to lose the weight and decide to be healthy. Your goal should be something directed towards you like getting healthy and fit and more beautiful rather than to stop your family from pestering you. I'm sure your mom didn't realize she was hurting you so much, but that should not take away from your amazing accomplishment!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I've been told I'm too fat to find a good guy, that I'm probably easy because fat girls will give it up to anyone, that I should just give up looking for the love of my life and just settle, that I would be a downgrade for whoever settles for me.

That person/those people are insane. You are beautiful!
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    at the time i was morbid obese (340lbs) my wife said i disgusted her, and she hated to even touch me. Well she is my ex-wife now and she is kicking herself. :blushing:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    My dad made an elephant noise when I stepped on the scale at his work in front of all of his coworkers. I went with him to "take your daughter to work day" and I was about 10 years old. He is remarried and his wife has gained about 100 lbs since they got married. I can only imagine the kind of crap he gives her, and I feel terrible for her. He's not a good man. We don't have a relationship anymore.
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    That I'm completely worthless and don't deserve love.

I was also told once that all of us fat people should just kill ourselves because it's not fair that other people have to look at us and the world would be so much better without us.

Some people are completely ignorant and rude.

YOU are beauitful too, girl! And you deserve love, everyone does. I'm sure you know that but still.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    When I was 12 or 13, my mom told me I looked like a beached whale. Twenty years later I've never forgotten that - gotten over it, yes, but never forgotten it.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I've heard it all too. In elementary school two girls walked up to me and said, because you're so fat you don't need a bra to hold up your...

I wasn't just mentally picked on, but physically as well.
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    My family always complains that I'm too fat which really damages my self esteem but I think the worst thing was said by my mom. About this time last year I was heavier and I finally got tired of hearing my family annoy me about it so I decided to eat healthier and run more and I ended up losing 20 pounds in one year. I ran up to my mom one day completely thrilled at my achievement and when I told her she responded "oh that's nice, but you still have a lot more to go." I mean couldn't she have been a tiny bit excited for me? Why am I not good enough just the way I am? It really broke my heart to just hear her shrug it off like it's no big deal

By your face I wouldn't guess that you're even a pound overweight. You're stunning. She should have been proud of you. I don't even know you and *I* am proud of you for taking that on!
  • minibee12
    Options
    My dad told my little sister that I was plus sized.
  • ms_bri
    ms_bri Posts: 3
    Options
    That is horrible. I am so sorry that is the case. What does your boyfriend think? Does he share his father's opinion?
  • crystalrose1234
    Options
    i was told by a guy i had barely gone on one date with that i was sickening and worthless and that there would never be any love for me and i should never go outside because people dont need to see my fat @ss
    my mother is the worst she once told me when i was still a teenager that real men don't like fat girls

now she's my motivation so ...good on here i guess shrugs..:huh:
  • yogamom16
    yogamom16 Posts: 114
    Options
    My Dad called me "tank"- as in I was as big as a military tank. It was very hurtful and I will never forget it.
  • newdaydawning79
    Options
    My sister called me tubby, and still makes fun of me "rolling out of a swimming pool" from when I was little on a home video. I was teased mercilessly in elementary school. In junior high a guy called me and told me how much he liked me and everything (of course at that age this is a BIG DEAL) and then called me back later laughing saying how could I ever think they were serious, I was too fat for anyone. My mother sarcastically to this day calls me 'slim' and tells me to suck it in and/or that I'm fat relatively consistently. I have held back the retort that I haven't had bypass surgery like she and my father have had and to lay off but there are days when I've wanted to!
  • cbmccar
    Options
    Honestly, it is more about what is not said for me. I went to a family function a month or so ago where my whole family was talking about the younger generation in our family, particularly my female cousins who are the same age as I am, and how they are all so beautful because they are so thin. I will not lie, they are beautful people, how could they not be when they double as models? But they left me out, and that for me is the worst thing said about my weight; that I am not even worth mentioning or acknowledging because of my weight. As if it is the only thing that defines me.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    when i was at my heaviest i overheard a comment at a party something like "she used to be hot in her younger days and now she's a mom so she's let herself go but that's ok" from people who i thought would never say that. really shocked me. i totally didn't see it that way. no it's not ok. being a mom doesn't mean i have to be overweight.
    oh the other one was being asked if i was pregnant more than a few months after having my baby
    and "well you're a working mom so it's understandable that you dont' have time to work out" from a really skinny girl i'm friends with who probably meant it innocently but it still hurt.
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Teenager: [watching me eat salad]: How are you so fat if you only eat leaves?
    Me: Have you seen pandas?
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Struggling with weight all my life, I've gotten it all. Been called a "beach ball" (looking back at pictures, omg, I was!) and I even remember my freshman year of high school, someone drew a picture of a pig blocking out the sun, and labeled the pig with my name.

So you name it, I've pretty much heard it - from childhood through adulthood. I'm pretty much immune to it, especially because the worst of it does come from myself.

I do, however, expect some amount of decorum from some people. My mother-in-law being one of them. I had started putting on some weight in graduate school and we were out one day, and she actually turned to me and said, "so, you look like you're due in, what, April?" I was floored. If she had been drunk, I could have excused it, but she was sober, and when I looked at her and said, "excuse me?" she just put her hands up, as if to say, "What?" She never apologized for it. (Ironically - two Aprils later, we did give her a grandbaby. So she had the month right, just not the year.)
  • yaba77
    yaba77 Posts: 20
    Options
    All to often at work lunches for holidays etc. when i walk in I either get "hope nobody wants seconds" or "better beat these guys in while there's some left" (my office mate has a gut as well)..... usually I laugh and joke back.. but once i laughing snapped and told someone to shove their metabolism where the sun don't shine (they are fairly skinny and always eating sweets) then proceeded to stuff myself mind you this came from the people who tell me "i wear it well" (my weight)

this is just off the top of my head there is way more.....
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    From a male friend, 'You know, Fran, if you were fit you'd make the perfect girlfriend' :B
  • tts30
    tts30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was asked could i still see my vagina