What's the worst thing said about your weight ?

Options

Replies

• dana_c
    dana_c Posts: 9
    Options
    Wait a second: if you would marry your boyfriend that lady would be your supportive mother in law? How about loving you for who you are no matter how much you weigh? How about graciously saying that her husband is generally quiet or that he doesn't know you yet so this is why he doesn't talk to you so much?

Please stay strong in there and don't let people put you down :)
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the worst things said about my weight have been said BY me in my own head. :grumble:

me too.......we need to work on that!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I've been told that I carry my weight really well.
  • shape_up4good
    Options
    Honestly, the worst things said about my weight have been said BY me in my own head. :grumble:

this

and this is what scares me most about life after I get to goal weight.
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Overweight- I was told to learn how to push away from the table. Or every time I see you there is food in your hand. I had 2 kids. I doubt the baby puffs were for me.

Healthy weight- When will enough be enough. I am at 125 which is my goal weight so I am maintaining. But this person made it seem like I had an addiction to losing weight and was losing weight the unhealthy way. I eat 1600ish calories and TurboFire 6 days a week.
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My grandfather felt he needed to mention that I had started to put on the pounds when I visited over Christmas. Granted yes I have gained a good bit of weight since my wedding, but still sheesh
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    shame what we do to our own self esteems...smultzy and tired it may be but you've got to love yourself!
  • harribeau2012
    Options
    "Here comes the eclipse of the moon" was particularly memorable. My Aunt (now elderly) has always been queen of the double whammy of going on about (me)losing weight whilst giving me chocolate, cakes and cookery books
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    Lets see...
    "you'd be so pretty if you lost weight" -friend
    "You can't play soccer, there is a lot of running and your no good at that. You have to be in shape to play" - Mom. I felt like she was telling me I was to fat to play. -_-
    "That would look really good on you if you lost weight."-Friend
    "Did you lose weight? You look so much better now" - Boyfriend

"you'd have more friend, you'd be more successful, more energetic, make more money, have a better love life, Look better, feel better, be happier, people would care more, you wont be invaisable....If you lost weight." - Me

Sad thing is i'm not THAT big. I feel really big but i'm only 5'8 and 150 pounds. 22yrs.
  • harribeau2012
    Options
    actually, just remembered my husband shouting out "These are ELEPHANTINE!!!!" When he inadvertently put my jeans on...he wasn't even tryingto be nasty at the time - just surprised (and yes we're still married)
  • harribeau2012
    Options
    Lets see...
    "you'd be so pretty if you lost weight" -friend
    "You can't play soccer, there is a lot of running and your no good at that. You have to be in shape to play" - Mom. I felt like she was telling me I was to fat to play. -_-
    "That would look really good on you if you lost weight."-Friend
    "Did you lose weight? You look so much better now" - Boyfriend

"you'd have more friend, you'd be more successful, more energetic, make more money, have a better love life, Look better, feel better, be happier, people would care more, you wont be invaisable....If you lost weight." - Me

Sad thing is i'm not THAT big. I feel really big but i'm only 5'8 and 150 pounds. 22yrs.

the people who care, care already, if you smile (whatever size) you wont be invisible-eat well and you'll have more energy, loathing yourself will make you feel exhausted and then you'll believe your own negative hype. And NO you are not big-walk more, eat well and smile ,wheher you get weight off or not things can be better (generally) when you believe you are beautiful-and you are! x
  • ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my second child, my "grandmother" on my father's side told me the reason I had gestational diabetes was because I was fat.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    A vendor who had not seen me for a few years before I got married came in one day and said "Wow, what happened to you?!"
    I told him I got fat and happy. :wink:

Sorry for all the ignorant things people have said to the rest of you.
  • sammi_k929
    sammi_k929 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I work with little kids, and they tend not to have any sort of filter of idea of what is OK to say and what things maybe they should just think in their heads, but I get asked all the time if I'm going to have a baby, or why my tummy sticks out.

I know it's not vicious but in a way it effects me more than if an adult made a comment. A good role model in all aspects including living a healthy lifestyle should be(am) something that I strive for.
  • rydanip
    rydanip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Since I was a child people have said "You have a beautiful face, but if you lost weight you'd be prettier". And my paternal aunt always feels the need to mention some new diet. And when i was 18/19 going to a club for the first time, a guy shouts out to my mortification as I walked in, "Big Girls need love too"

I was never teased much in MS/HS unless I was arguing with someone and of course the one and only thing they could ever rag on me about was my weight.

When i was a kid my mom would force her way into my fitting room and if I couldn't fit something she'd always complain loudly for all to hear about how I needed to lose weight and I was too fat. I would cry when we had to go shopping because I knew I would wind up embarrassed and feeling terrible.

My ex boyfriend told me I was gorgeous but that I would look better minus 50 pounds. And he broke up with me, supposedly not over my weight but who knows.

People act like being fat is like punishable by death or something.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I've been told I'm too fat to find a good guy, that I'm probably easy because fat girls will give it up to anyone, that I should just give up looking for the love of my life and just settle, that I would be a downgrade for whoever settles for me.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQi8sagSqjzeFebFKTqDLDT4BS8qtDq9HxQ9onlD06nhoEisNsw
  • lovetiffany
    lovetiffany Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I was in middle school I was at my heaviest. The girl in front of me in math class made fun of me almost everyday. The only thing I still remember to this day is when she turned around, looked me up and down then said '' you are a disgrace to all Tiffanys''. Her name was Tiffany as well.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Several years ago when I was about 20 lbs heavier we were out with friends & really drinking a lot. One of our friends commented to my husband that he was getting really into weight lifting and getting muscular. Hubs pointed at me & said - yeah I have to so I can carry her. That really stung!!!
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    A man I went on a couple of dates with said, "I know you'll lose weight for me." I did... I let at least 250 pounds walk out the door and never invited him to return.
  • 51Sissy
    51Sissy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did not gain weight until I was 40 years old so I am blessed that I did not have to endure nasty comments about my weight as a child. I was unware how many rude comments I would hear as an adult - from adults.
    While working in a steak restaurant:

"Mooo..." - a guy moo'ed at me

"Where do you buy your shirts? A tent store? It is nothing but a huge colored tent" - this from another customer.