What's the worst thing said about your weight ?

Options

Replies

• user549
    user549 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My first boyfriend: (while patting my belly) I like girls who are squishy. ( He said this more than once!) And: You're really not one of those skinny girls, are you?
    Gee, thanks!
    I still have to see him often, so now one of my secret goals is to show him how GREAT I'm doing without him. Petty. I know. :laugh:
    These aren't nearly as bad as some of the things others have posted. O_O At least he was sometimes trying to be nice.
    I definitely agree that the worst things have been said in my own brain. I'm sorry self. Forgive me? :flowerforyou:
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When i was at 174, a guy said to me "you'd be more attractive if you lost a few pounds." It's not nearly as bad as what other people have been told but, that comment stuck with me
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    My first boyfriend: (while patting my belly) I like girls who are squishy. ( He said this more than once!) And: You're really not one of those skinny girls, are you?
    Gee, thanks!
    I still have to see him often, so now one of my secret goals is to show him how GREAT I'm doing without him. Petty. I know. :laugh:
    These aren't nearly as bad as some of the things others have posted. O_O At least he was sometimes trying to be nice.
    I definitely agree that the worst things have been said in my own brain. I'm sorry self. Forgive me? :flowerforyou:

Ugh. My boyfriend always says he likes that I'm squishy, and when I talk about losing weight he's like, "Why do you want to lose weight?"

He just doesn't get it.
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    In school people used to walk up to me and poke my stomach like the Pillsbury Dough Boy and make that sound. :explode:

My dad called me Fat *kitten* in front of a girl I liked in high school. When I was younger he always called me pork chop in front of people. All it did was make me want to eat from depression.
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    My mom has always said cruel things to me about my weight. The thing that made me realize it was time to do something was when my very well meaning 5 year old came up to me and rubbed my belly and said "awe baby". He is autistic so he really doesn't understand but wow that hit home.
  • Lamaestra91
    Lamaestra91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My last name is Parker and I had a former friend call me Mrs. PORKER. It really did hurt a lot...
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    My last name is Parker and I had a former friend call me Mrs. PORKER. It really did hurt a lot...

That is just evil! :mad: I don't even know you and that ticks me off!
  • crystalwolf13
    Options
    so sad ppl are so mean :angry: :explode:
  • TaisOnIt
    Options
    In high school two guys on the football team were talking and then one of them goes, "A good lineman needs to be about her size".. and points at me. They both started laughing. My tears couldn't even wait until I got home. I definitely had a good cry in the girls bathroom.
  • FreshforLife
    Options
    Some people are just so mean! :angry: Humph! (>x<) Just because they are skinnier doesn't mean that gives them the right to say offensive things! :grumble:
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    In high school two guys on the football team were talking and then one of them goes, "A good lineman needs to be about her size".. and points at me. They both started laughing. My tears couldn't even wait until I got home. I definitely had a good cry in the girls bathroom.

That's just terrible :( What jerks. I probably would have said something xD
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    it hurt pretty bad when my boyfriend said in a fight that i was over weight and unhealthy. dont say he is an awful guy and all that. he didnt mean to say it that harsh. but he was right.

and my 5 year old nephew has called me big and fat.
  • IWantToo
    IWantToo Posts: 162
    Options
    That im not fat, i'm thick or shapply, or have a nice shape/size......

Today someone offered me some food at work on a break I had eaten a lot of junk that I shouldnt have had a few hours earlier, and told them i was stuffed and patted my belly and they said over and over its not even big.... im like ugh.... I hate when people say im not fat.. im 260 pounds basically and 5'3 im a blimp.... im just happy im not unaware and one of those i love being fat i look good kinda person.. i have a best friend who is and shes not shapely at all it sounds mean but she will say we're not even fat we have nice shapes and she is really out of shape her gutt sticks out so far.. people stare at her, shes so delusional... part of its my fault I should tell her how she appears to others...
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Today someone offered me some food at work on a break I had eaten a lot of junk that I shouldnt have had a few hours earlier, and told them i was stuffed and patted my belly and they said over and over its not even big.... im like ugh.... I hate when people say im not fat.. im 260 pounds basically and 5'3 im a blimp.... im just happy im not unaware and one of those i love being fat i look good kinda person.. i have a best friend who is and shes not shapely at all it sounds mean but she will say we're not even fat we have nice shapes and she is really out of shape her gutt sticks out so far.. people stare at her, shes so delusional... part of its my fault I should tell her how she appears to others...

You know they're just trying to be nice?? You know you'd get offended if they called you fat. Every other person I know does. :/
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Honestly... I don't know. lol I have developed selective hearing over the years so when people start talking about weight I turn off the volume hehehe.... but nahh.. I'm the smallest one in my family... I wish my sis would lose weight. It would cut out majorly on the health problems she's been facing. She doesn't have to do it for me.. or for herself... but I wish she'd do it for those babies of hers.
  • IWantToo
    IWantToo Posts: 162
    Options

You know they're just trying to be nice?? You know you'd get offended if they called you fat. Every other person I know does. :/
    Sad thing is i wish they were just trying to be nice, but they are serious. To a lot of people its okay to be fat as long as youre shapely or proportionate... you can be 300 pounds but just as long as it looks good on u meaning your gut isnt hanging over and your not wobbling.. then some people will seriously tell you, youre not that kind of fat smh...... I've just take that as a backhanded compliment or an insult, thats just me.. some people love it.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    one of my mother in laws gives me clothes. I've told her not to, because I will cry. The other day, she comes out with pant's. "here, theses are too big for me, but they'll fit you." one of many
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have been obese my entire life. One thing that still stands out is from first grade. I was probably about 6 yrs old.
    I had a school friend and she wanted me to come over. It was her dad's weekend with her(divorced) so our parents set up a sleepover for us. I had never met her dad. He was to pick me up and we were going to go to McDonalds(HUGE treat for me as my parents didn't allow us to eat fast food very often!!) then to their place for a sleepover.
    I vividly remember her dad being really unpleasant to me. He decided we didn't need dinner(I guess I was way too fat to eat?).
    The whole night sucked and I just wanted to go home, I felt so uncomfortable.

When I saw my friend at school on Monday I remember telling her that her dad wasn't very nice and she told me it was because I was fat. I guess he hated fat people.
    But honestly, I have hundreds of incidences like this that I have been through.
  • alysia9531
    Options
    It was actually at Christmas! My mom (not a good history to begin with) was wearing a Shirt she bought for me and said that she didn't think I would fit in it so she kept it. Then I opened a gift and it was pajamas that I needed. She said I know they won't fit you so make them goal pajamas! I was so embarrassed!
  • alysia9531
    Options
    To add on .... We had friends over and I said wow the fire place got it hot in here and she said well its because you have so much insulation! And I asked my husband later that night if I was really that big and he just looked at me! He recently told me I need a gym membership and I am getting on anyways but I am so insecure with myself now!