At what point does weight become unattractive?

Options

Replies

• rosalieruns
    Options
    Depends on the person and where they carry their weight. My sister and I are identical in height (5'4). She is pear shaped while I am an apple shape (no hips at all). She looks good around 140 because she gets that curvy hourglass shape. I need to be around 130 or else all of the weight goes to my belly and boobs and I just look pregnant. So she looks good in a size 10(US) and I look good in more of a size 4 or 6 US.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    It isn't "weight" that is unattractive (after all, muscle is very attractive and it weighs a lot). It is body fat that is unattractive--"love handles", "beer bellies" "bat wings" "cottage cheese thighs" etc. That's why we make up derogatory names for specific fat deposits. :wink:
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Again different perceptions, A innocent question becomes an attack on some individuals. I don't get it personally. Why can't people just have a little natter without feeling like comments are personal attacks all the time.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am attracted to whats inside. Size has never been an issue for me as far as dating. even when I was only 115-120 I would date "over weight" guys. because its the inside that mattered more to me. I like to get to know people deeper then their outsides. but that's just me I guess. Thankfully I am married so don't have to worry about that, as he staied with me throught my chubby days, I think he's a keeper :)
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I agree with the whole confidence thing, and i also agree with its whats on the inside. BUT, when it comes down to it, people look for a mate based on attractiveness. You HAVE to be attracted to the person you're with to a certain extent, and if i cant ask what people think on here then where else can I. It's not a personal attack on overweight people?!

The concept of 'attractiveness' is subjective so your question is meaningless in a general context because it immediately requires a response of "Unattractive to whom?" There is no one answer to your question, in exactly the same way there is no answer to "What is the best song ever recorded?", "What's the best flavour of ice-cream" or "What's the ugliest car?" It's all completely subjective and offering an opinion can only ever be articulation of personal preferences.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Weights become unattractive when you bash the living daylights out the next person to make stupid *kitten* comments about others with them.

Rest of the time, it's not the weight that is unattractive, but the cold, dead eyes and heart of the person making public judgements of another person's screwability.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Beauty is not definable....It's in the eye of the beholder!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Again different perceptions, A innocent question becomes an attack on some individuals. I don't get it personally. Why can't people just have a little natter without feeling like comments are personal attacks all the time.

No indication or realisation of tone of voice/intention = some mardy people.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm a size 12 now and at my heaviest I was 12 stone and was a size 16.I'm only 5ft so even now I don't feel attractive or healthy.People were shocked when I was a size 6-8 but because of my height I looked normal
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person and how they carry the weight. My younger sister was a knockout at size 16 with her flat tummy teeny waist full thighs and hips and perky butt (think, old style pinup girl) Technically obese, she had as some would say, "curves in all the right places"... I on the other hand, even if I got down to a size 16 would still be all belly rolls and weird shaped behind.... curves in all the WRONG places.
    BTW, my sister is now a size 8 and she still has a fantastic figure.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    My husband has always said women can be attractive at many different weights. When there's cellulite, thats when they become less attractive physically.

well thats crap.

my friend is super active, but her whole family had obviously the curse of the cellulite gene, her tights have cellulite on them no matter what she does so thats kinda..... knowing that there can be some 200+ without any of it.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My husband has always said women can be attractive at many different weights. When there's cellulite, thats when they become less attractive physically.

Really? Even "super models" have cellulite.

this thread is full of douchness.
    pretty much
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Honestly, everyone assumes I go for the 6 pack dude because I lift, and honestly, yes, the 2 guys i've been with since lifting have been lean, but one doesn't look in shape really. I mean.... not lean.
    I'm learning it depends on the person. These peoples body types are opposites. one was 6'1, 185, the other 5'8 180.
    If I were going to draw a line, if the guys stomach hangs over, I'm unattracted.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    How about this for an idea....

We all stop giving a fu!K about other people and their perceptions of beauty and attractiveness and get on with the relatively short *kitten* life that we have.

One mans meat is another mans poison.

This. I think the original question was really pointless, one single person cannot define what is attractive for all..
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    How about this for an idea....

We all stop giving a fu!K about other people and their perceptions of beauty and attractiveness and get on with the relatively short *kitten* life that we have.

One mans meat is another mans poison.

THIS
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

Really? Even "super models" have cellulite.

this thread is full of douchness.
    pretty much

LOL I didn't lose mine till I was UNDER weight. Dumb.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I think it varies from person to person. Personality and confidence goes a long way towards attractiveness and everyone is different with their tastes too. I try to let the person show me who they are before I decide whether they are attractive or not. I have known people who are beautiful on the outside become completely ugly because of who they are and visa versa, people who are not super attractive that have something about them that makes them extremely attractive once you get to know them. I think it is best to not judge others based on first impressions because I don't like being judged.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe was a UK size 16. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Our standards seem to have changed a bit, haven't they? She would be thought of as outrageously fat by today's Hollywood standards. Throughout history, Monroe's type of body would have been thought of as very attractive (and still is today among many men). Why is it thought that women who have a body that resembles that of a 12 year old boy are more attractive than a woman with a bust and hips? Kind of sad that we have made a fetish out of extremely thin.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    First of all, I think it is when you finally look at the real you in the mirror and decide that you are overweight. Bear in mind that the media has told us what is acceptable and what is not. Contestants who appear on shows like the Voice, for instance, are told that they need to have a certain image. While it appears that they take all body types, just take a look at the application process for the Voice. From magazine covers to prime time tv you know that thin is in. That is not to say that it is right.

I believe that when you change your lifestyle and get to your goal weight, your body seeks its own equilibrium and that is why you fluctuate between 3-5 pounds. You also will get to the point where you will know at which weight you feel your best.

I also want to know what difference it makes as to what anyone else thinks. I know I am fat, yes fat. I do not believe in politically correct words. I know that I feel better and have more energy when I eat right and exercise. I also know that there is no one in this world who is perfect. Fat people are targeted most often because it is something that can be seen. I assure you that those who are making judgements may not have their financial house in order or perhaps their relationships are suffering. There are so many facets to life and no one has them all in order.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    setsail-for-fail-thread_zps8d2133fb-1_zpsc20ab709.jpg