is it ok to eat around 500 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Never ever ever ever under 1200 calories!! As everyone up there has already said your body NEEDS food. Two examples of why, first I was not eating enough and could not lose the weight, ate more and poof it's melting off! Secong my friend also was not eatig enough, waay less than what I was eating, and ended up in the hospital.... There are no quick fixes, you have to work hard for what you want... believe me, patience has been my issue lately too.. I want to just wake up and look like I could be a Victoria's secret model, but I know it will take some more hard work and patience...
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    TROLLING on a Monday afternoon.....yeah trolling.....
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If you are a newborn baby, yes, 500 calories is the recommended amount!

You can do irreversible damage to yourself by crash-dieting, don't do it.

1200 minimum.
  • deegee44
    deegee44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    NO... NO... NO! not a good idea...your body will go into starvation mode and begin to hold on to anything you eat. Easiest way to lose weight is eat well and exercise. It's as simple as that! ...however...(lots of discipline and motivation required:smile: )
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    HEEELLLLLLLL! NOOOOOO!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    500 calories a day???!!! :noway: thats breakfast for me.
  • melodypender
    melodypender Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    no ur body will going into starvation mode and it will start to store anything that you do eat meaning you will gain more weight
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    deanno_zps608e8846.gif
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    If you like hospital stays and feeding tubes, sure. It's not healthy or sustainable. Please don't do that to yourself, your kids need a happy, healthy mom, not one who is sickly and wasting away.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    No no no no no no no
    Never please no
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's not ok. It's bad for your health. And that sweet little boy in your picture deserves a healthy mom, don't you think?
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I survived on 500 a day and I had a life threatening eating disorder.
    I'm not even going to go into all the health risks, I think the fact I nearly killed myself eating so little speaks loud enough.

So very much this ^^^ Good of you to speak about your own experience with the same thing!

I ended up in the hospital twice when I was 19 because of doing this same thing, terrifying.

Precisely. The human body CANNOT survive on so few calories. In honesty, 500 calories was a high amount for me, I lived on 200 - 300 and it never stayed in me long.
    The result of eating so few calories?
    Constant shivering, trembling, because you are freezing cold even with winter layers on in the middle of a heat wave.
    No energy to even get out of bed.
    Brittle, snapping hair and nails because your body won't waste calories on your hair, nails and skin when your ORGANS ARE SHUTTING DOWN.
    Not to mention the migraines, pain, lethargy, exhaustion, electrolyte imbalance, vision impairment, fuzzy hair growing on your skin...
    Need I go on?
    Anyone who things that this is a good idea, please, just speak to somebody who has had an eating disorder.
    There is nothing glamorous about starvation.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    no___just_no_by_innocentmarina-d4paj5d.gif
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing troll.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and state the obvious.

Adipex is a prescription drug.

Therefore? Ask your doctor. He's going to tell you to eat more, and there's a chance that the good doc will refuse to issue you a refill because what you're doing is ridiculously unsafe, but hey, there's the solution.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    ibtl

i-can-t-even-o.gif
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    ETA: your little "ONES"...I didnt' realize you had 3 children.

LMAO! I thought this said EAT YOUR LITTLE ONES. Jeesh. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    No No No. Just No. Please educate yourself regarding proper diet, nutrition and weight loss and make this a healthy lifestyle change. What is your rush to lose the weight fast? You didn't gain the weight over night..you're not going to lose it over night either. Fast weight loss = gain it all back just as fast.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • Serena_Kitty
    Options
    It's very unhealthy, and you're likely to go back to your old ways when you start to get hungry.

I've lost 5 pounds in the last 2-3 weeks, eating 1900 calories per day.
This discussion has been closed.