is it ok to eat around 500 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    ok...here is my input....my sister did the "dr. diet"...adipex, b12 shots and 500 calorie diet a day....she had a mini stroke at the age of 26! Please do NOT do this diet!!! She is still recovering from it, mentally and physically.
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    Sure, you'll probably drop some pounds fast but if you want to have a semblance of health, muscle or metabolism left when you're done, you should probably rethink this little plan.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Yes as long as you are doing it 3-4 times a day :drinker:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    This is a sarcastic post, right? :laugh:
  • Hannahmave
    Options
    absolutely not, 1,200 is the minimum amount you can eat per day without putting your body into starvation mode. A crash diet is absolutely a terrible choice, i strongly urge you not to do this type of meal plan xx
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right? :huh:

If not...

No. It's not ok. Not even a little bit. :noway:

ditto what she said. That's absolutely crazy. You will not lose anything except maybe your life!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    This instant-gratification mindset when it comes to fitness and weight loss makes me laugh. It took you years to get where you are. You think you can just stop eating and it all goes away? That ridiculous. Get out. Easy come, easy go. Even if you did lose a bunch of weight by some stupid unhealthy means, you'd gain it all back when you ended your diet and went right back to old eating habits because you not only have not increased your basal metabolic rate, but actually decreased it by losing muscle mass in the unhealthy weight-loss phase.

I'm with SKeywood. This has to be a wind-up. No one is this stupid.....Are they?.....
    It's not stupid as much as desperate. People who are desperate will do dumb things out of that "I HAVE TO DO THIS NOW" feeling.
    I think a lot of people have been there.
    Why else do you think people buy into cleanses, crash diets, or anything equally stupid? It's not their actual lack of intellegence. Just the NEED for it to work, a need so strong they ignore the facts or reailty.
  • Jennystimetolose
    Jennystimetolose Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to lose a lot of muscle, destroy your metabolism long-term and harm your body, then yes! 500 calories is the way to go!
    i agree with this
  • runningxlove
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight. The faster the better. I am on adipex and could go all day without eating. I am still eating because I know its bad for you to not eat at all. what about eating around 500 calories a day? according to the calculator on my page I could lose the weight alot quicker that way.
    like today for example: breakfast 160 cal, lunch 350 cal and dinner have a salad 150 cal.
    I know thats more than 500 but I just had the idea after I ate lunch.
    like if you eat lettuce and stuff with little or no calories and still eat but only consume 500
    what do you all think?

NO, NO, NO... and.... that's right. NO.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Please tell me this is trolling.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly fine if you want to enter starvation mode and open yourself up to several potentially life threatening diseases.
  • alednnz
    alednnz Posts: 26
    Options
    I did it for about 12 days and i ended up in the hospital. Not only that, it messed me up so much that ever since it has been extremely difficult for me to lose weight :(
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Yes as long as you are doing it 3-4 times a day :drinker:

This!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    T R O L L :grumble:
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat so few calories all the time. I'm on the 5:2 eating plan - intermittent fasting, which has good health benefits, but you eat 500 cals twice a week and what you want to eat for the other 5 days. I would never contemplate eating as little as 500/day all the time.
  • Kashmir09
    Kashmir09 Posts: 45
    Options
    4 pages for that ???? :frown:
  • jml107lmj
    Options
    If you want to destroy your heart and internal organs, then yes, by all means eat 500 calories a day. As a recovering anorexic I know what it is like to live on 400-500 calories a day:

1. Your weight loss will not be sustainable, you'll gain it all back once you start eating.
    2. You'll have lasting heart and liver damage, like I do.
    3. Your hair will fall out.
    4. You will be conscious, but not cognizant.
    5. You will destroy your metabolism.
    6. You can die.

But hey, it sounds worth it to be skinny in your coffin, right?
  • mjennings
    mjennings Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    NO! your body will shut down and you will not lose a pound you have to eat to lose I learned that the hard way and spread your meals out throughout the day or your body will shut down. Eat 1200 calories a day and more if you work out
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    Just for the record, that is approximately 35 Ruffles Potato Chips.......... for the DAY....
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy, thats not even enough calories to keep your organs working, please don't do it, you need at least 1200 to keep your body functioning, if your not that hungry eat high calorie healthy foods like nuts, avocado, peanut butter, olive oil, cheese
This discussion has been closed.