worst way to breakup with someone

Options

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Morrissey fired the rest of the Smiths by putting a post it note on their car windshields that said "Your services are no longer required by the Smiths."
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What about when they just don't give you an explanation at all? It's like WTH?? That's sooooo irritating! If I'm not into a guy, I at least just say I'm not feeling it and move on.

Yep. The old "fade to nothing" routine. Never gets old (joking).
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    *kitten* their brother and send them pictures.

don't judge me til you know me.

You'll have to send me the pictures so I CAN know you...

eat your heart out babe.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Publicly so they "don't freak out", but if they start bawling, then you look like a big jerk and they kinda look psycho... "Oh, by the way, I slept with your brother." *Cries harder* O.O "Honey, don't stare."
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    while reading these, I've realized I've never actually had a guy tell me that he wanted to break up ..... they did that sh!tty jedi mind trick crap where it appeared that I had actually been the dumper but they were doing stupid and/or shady crap that pushed me to be the "bad guy" in the situation.

It's actually at a point where my friends joke that the first 4-6mos with me are just a probation period and I have been known to severe ties for, admittedly, petty reasons....I just think I have a low BS tolerance....or maybe a short attention span

Guilty but it is OH so much easier that way
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Text message, worse ever!!!
  • JULIUSKITTY
    JULIUSKITTY Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    married for 10 years.. and then husband tells me the day before valentines day he does not love me.. and that at night he keeps wanting to stab me in my sleep!! I know could be worse right?.. coulda been dead! but damn!! he never ever spoke crazy or did crazy things.. making that just crazy!! and hurtful!! later on he sent a text saying how he should have killed me when he had the chance.. when the divorce was going awful for him. He missed out on the new wedding band I bought him with a diamond in it, lingerie, and lots of goodies for v-day. I hate v-day now.. and its been 4 full years. Im sure there could be worse.. but for me that was awful!!! never ever break up the day before v-day, for the rest of your life you will feel less loved. Also my aunt had just died and a bff the week prior so I was already tore up.. hit ya when your down.. is what the worst ones do.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Pfft....
    I was deployed to Africa in the early 90's.
    I came home to an empty apartment with the exception of my clothing in a pile in the middle of the bedroom floor.
    I had to sleep on a pile of clothing that first night.

Omg! That is just mean!!! :cry:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Through text message, because I "annoyed him" with my question of why he had been avoiding me all winter break - My ex [who i was with for 3 years] did that to me this past Christmas while I was at my parents house. Along with saying he was taking our cat and moving out of our apartment.

Immature, karma will come around haha

Edited for a spelling error

The avoidance thing is classic "I'm about to break up with you" behavior, and more often than not, I think it is accompanied by cheating. If a guy is usually in regular contact with you throughout the day (i.e. texting back and forth, chatting on Gmail, etc.), and then he suddenly gets really busy, he's either seeing someone else or he's one break-up text away from it.
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I was 17. I was getting ready to go home from work that night. I go to the closet and get my coat. As I went to put my hands in my pockets, I felt it. THE letter. Sigh. "Dear Valarie...I've had a blast with you the past several months, but blah blah blah... I think it's time we went our separate ways...blah blah blah..." I cried in the back seat of my mom and dad's car all the way home that night. That was 17 years ago and I still remember it. That punk!!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband did it on the phone when I called him at his girlfriend's house. I asked if he was coming home and he said, "no, I don't think so"...are you leaving me? "yeah, I guess I am"...his reason. I'm frigid...bwahahahahahahahah. I didn't want to sleep with him when he spent the mortgage money on a pool cue off ebay...repeatedly ... go figure.

best damn day of my life...oh did I mention I had two kids under 3, was a stay at home mother and one was ill? But you know his girlfriend's front teeth popped out so I figured convenience trumps responsibility anyday...

:noway:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    <<<<Being less than two weeks away from your due date with his child, and after an argument about not being treated with respect he tells you to leave at nine at night, takes your phone because it is in his name, then decides to lock you out. That was me last night.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm not proud of this but I once dated a guy for 3 months. He got really attached and bought "us" a saint benard puppy I named Nana. The day he had his niece call me auntie, I knew I had to end it. I didn't speak to him for 2 wks. Then he texted me and was like "Is this how you're breaking up with me?" and I just texted back "yup". It was the most cowardly messed up way I've ever ended things with someone. He even called me months later when I was in a new relationship crying and begging for me to come back. And I just hung up on him. :/
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    This did not happen to me, but a friend of mine recently moved out while his significant other was out of town for work. He packed up his stuff, and left his wedding band on the counter (they were divorced but allegedly reconciling and were slatted to re-wed this July). Two days later he announces he's engaged to marry another woman on facebook. Yes, I have some classy friends! LOL.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I'm not proud of this but I once dated a guy for 3 months. He got really attached and bought "us" a saint benard puppy I named Nana. The day he had his niece call me auntie, I knew I had to end it. I didn't speak to him for 2 wks. Then he texted me and was like "Is this how you're breaking up with me?" and I just texted back "yup". It was the most cowardly messed up way I've ever ended things with someone. He even called me months later when I was in a new relationship crying and begging for me to come back. And I just hung up on him. :/

Don't mean to be selective...but what happened to Nana!?!
  • raychulj
    Options
    <<<<Being less than two weeks away from your due date with his child, and after an argument about not being treated with respect he tells you to leave at nine at night, takes your phone because it is in his name, then decides to lock you out. That was me last night.
    Ugh that is despicable. :(
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My friend got dumped the day his mom died.

WOW! :noway:
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like to gently rub Nair on their eyebrows and sneak out in the middle of the night. Never to be seen or heard from again.:laugh:

LMAO I love the "gently" part. What, you can't rub Nair on somebody's eyebrows in a rough manner?! :laugh:

If you're not gentle, they'll wake up, silly!
  • raychulj
    Options

Don't mean to be selective...but what happened to Nana!?!
    He still has her I think. I really miss that dog. She was the sweet cutest puppy ever!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband did it on the phone when I called him at his girlfriend's house. I asked if he was coming home and he said, "no, I don't think so"...are you leaving me? "yeah, I guess I am"...his reason. I'm frigid...bwahahahahahahahah. I didn't want to sleep with him when he spent the mortgage money on a pool cue off ebay...repeatedly ... go figure.

best damn day of my life...oh did I mention I had two kids under 3, was a stay at home mother and one was ill? But you know his girlfriend's front teeth popped out so I figured convenience trumps responsibility anyday...

:noway:

Men...