What do you eat when you're starving but short on calories?

Options

Replies

• Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I love the crunch of raw carrots. However, my favorite low cal snack is Boom Chicka Pop popcorn. 35 calories per cup. Delish!

yep ditto this...that's the best popcorn ever !!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Chicken Broth (I make my own so it tastes pretty good) - put spices in like garlic and onion powder. Shredded vegetables like carrots, onions, and broccoli.
  • cmherb76
    cmherb76 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I eat and go over my calories.

^^^^
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Eat to hunger and try to make good choices. To hell with my friends judging me vs. my health...
  • StefieLou
    StefieLou Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    lipton cup a soup.
    Its only 50 calories, and the heat from the warm liquid helps me feel satisfied and cuts the edge!
  • feather59
    Options
    just eat what youwant take a brisk walk add it and you will beback to where you need to be.
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    If I get hungry I will have string cheese or peanut butter and honey sandwich. If I go ver then I go over! I hate being hungry...I'm a wimp
  • Dragonflag07
    Dragonflag07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly (jello in the States?)
  • Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love cucumber salad with some balsamic vinegar or grey poupon mustard..yum!!
    Or I munch on bell peppers. My favorite is orange. One bell pepper is like 40 cals but if you cut it in stripes it takes a while to eat it and it's fresh and kinda sweet and the water makes you feel full.
    If nothing else helps I go to my freezer where I always have some dark chocolate chips stacked and I eat a handful of those :)
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If it's THAT time of the month... chocolate! ;-)
    Sometimes I can do with a hot chocolate (milk and cocoa powder, no sugar added) and I'm fine. And sometimes I need real dark (85-90%) chocolate. And I learned to give it to me... because I love carrots and I love cottage chefs and I love celery and hummus and all that stuff. BUT - if it's that time of the month I need chocolate (or whatever I'm craving) and the craving will not stop until I had it. So I can as well eat it from the beginning and saving all the other calories ;-)

And usually chocolate cravings tell me I need some more Magnesium, too!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,704 Member
    Options
    I do a cardio workout and eat. When I am ravenous, I find protein keeps me full longer, so beef jerky makes a really filling snack.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If it happens infrequently, I'd just say "F it" and go over my calories, knowing that one day won't make any major difference.

If it happens frequently, I'd examine whether or not my calorie goals are appropriate for me. Better to lose weight at a slower pace over a longer period of time than lose weight quicker, but burn out.
  • youlighter
    youlighter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish!! but if you are truly hungry - EAT! If you see it and want it that is not being hungry!
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    An apple! It's the best snack I've found to actually fill me up. Probably because they're high in fiber. And fruit helps with those TOM sweets cravings. :)
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    A cup of vegetable soup, either my homemade or Progresso (preferable reduced sodium) for about 100 calories.
    Chicken breast if I have some cooked already, wrapped in a big Romaine leaf with a dab of mayo...100 cal.

You might try a search on sparkpeople.com I think I've seen a list there of 100 or 200 calorie combos.

Whatever...eat something so you don't stay hungry for a long time...big chance of that leading to a binge. You might better be reasonable and go a couple hundred cals over rather than feel starved....no matter what the reason is.

edited for typo
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I slice up a cucumber and lightly salt it. About 30 calories for a whole cucumber and it fills me up for a long time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Something high in protein and low calorie... lean turkey breast, boiled egg whites, cheese.

This is one of my favorites - http://www.desktopcookbook.com/recipe/135184/Cucumber-Sub-Sandwich!.htm

Drink lots of water!

Why did I never think of that? I'm buying cucumbers tomorrow!
  • tenajh
    tenajh Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    V - 8 Fusion - 8 oz. If I am really hungry, a dilll pickle, or cup of progresso vegetable soup
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a nice sized salad to fill me up when I'm really hungry and short on calories. Helps me meet my goals without blowing it or having any guilt for eating junk.