What do you eat when you're starving but short on calories?

Options

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    If it happens infrequently, I'd just say "F it" and go over my calories, knowing that one day won't make any major difference.

If it happens frequently, I'd examine whether or not my calorie goals are appropriate for me. Better to lose weight at a slower pace over a longer period of time than lose weight quicker, but burn out.

QFT
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    Fruit.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    baby carrotts, califlower, celery with cream cheese, strawberries, Raspberries, Apples, These are some of mine. oh bolthouse 50/50 juice is good also.
  • rensife
    rensife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First, check to see if you are thristy .... thristy can act like hunger ..... water, water, water .... if that doesn't work, eat something light like an apple or orange or string cheese. If I am ravinessly hungary, I will eat a salad with some cheese, or a cup of cheerios - This body cue means that if I eat (healthy food) I am going to lose BIG the next day, and I usually do lose 2 or 3 pounds - Thats a good thing for me!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Something high in protein and low calorie... lean turkey breast, boiled egg whites, cheese.

This is one of my favorites - http://www.desktopcookbook.com/recipe/135184/Cucumber-Sub-Sandwich!.htm

Drink lots of water!

Why did I never think of that? I'm buying cucumbers tomorrow!

LOL, I have the cucs, but am missing the cream cheese.

I slice up a cucumber, put a low fat salad dressing in a bowl - the standard 2 tbs serving works well - and dip each slice like it's a chip.
  • FaithInAes
    FaithInAes Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    veggies and hummus!
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    I love the crunch of raw carrots. However, my favorite low cal snack is Boom Chicka Pop popcorn. 35 calories per cup. Delish!

What is Boom Chicka Pop popcorn? Where do you buy it?
  • ASeck
    ASeck Posts: 2
    Options
    Kale chips
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    A two egg omelette loaded with bell peppers, mushrooms, and a bit of mozzarella. Very filling and less than 200 calories!
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I try to figure out if my body is really hungry or if it just wants to eat. If I really am hungry, then I eat - usually something like cashews or yogurt. On the other hand, if I'm not really hungry, but just have the munchies, my go-to is hot air popcorn - hardly any calories so you can eat a ton of it, plus if you are binging on popcorn, it is a very good idea to also up your water intake.
  • ASeck
    ASeck Posts: 2
    Options
    Oh & greek yogurt with a ranch dip packet mixed in so I can dip veggies in it.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Tablespoon of peanut butter
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Cups of tea or coffee with a splash of milk and no sugar and or diet Jelly with a squirt of whipped cream.
  • dawnsearly
    Options
    8 oz gatorade and a cutie: those are my "go too's"
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    i like to make homemade chicken and veggie soup and keep individual portions in the freezer. same with split pea and ham, 1 C size, very filling with good protein and fiber.

egg white omelets.

really noooo cals? radishes & pickles.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I eat and go over my calories.

He's a friggen genious, same here.
  • snowflakeheather
    snowflakeheather Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    leeanneo07, thanks for the awesome idea! I can't wait to try it!!!!
  • diva_kate
    diva_kate Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Some pistachios. They provide good protein and fat to help you stay full longer and having to get them out of their shells makes the snack time last longer.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg whites, veggies, apples or celery with PB2 peanut butter, oatmeal with soy or almond milk , tuna with low fat cottage cheese :)
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Depends on the time of day partly. Sometimes hot chocolate (no sugar added). Greek yogurt ranch dip and bell pepper strips.
    If you're really hungry, eat! One thing I try to do is to eat a lot of cinnamon; it's supposed to help in regulating blood sugar.