WEIGHT GAIN -- HELP!?!?!

Options

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    What is your opinion on weight watchers?

I do not know what this has to do with anything.... I think it is good to watch your weight, and that is why I am worried about my gain.
  • oldswimdawg
    oldswimdawg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would try moving the scale, especially if it is on a tile surface. I have noticed our scale can be moved one inch and we get different readings. I think it would be impossible to gain 14 lbs. in a week ( 14* 3500 = 49,000 cals.)
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This whole thread guys, this whole thread is just too hilarious I mean seriously some of your deserve applause you made me laugh so hard. Continue being awesome!

On the topic at hand, if you are in fact being serious about this incident I think the most likely scenario is that the scale showed you a false lower number in the week prior. You said the batteries before you stepped on the scale recently were 'literally days old', so you therefore changed them during the week. They must have been dying on your previous weigh-in and now it's giving you a more honest number. Weigh yourself a few more times to make sure it's settled on a final number and go from there. You may want to try a different scale as well just to be sure. Ultimately don't feel discouraged by this however, because it was only ever a number and your physical health and appearance haven't changed for the worse since last week.
  • exostan
    exostan Posts: 38
    Options
    I think your scales broken.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    This whole thread guys, this whole thread is just too hilarious I mean seriously some of your deserve applause you made me laugh so hard. Continue being awesome!

On the topic at hand, if you are in fact being serious about this incident I think the most likely scenario is that the scale showed you a false lower number in the week prior. You said the batteries before you stepped on the scale recently were 'literally days old', so you therefore changed them during the week. They must have been dying on your previous weigh-in and now it's giving you a more honest number. Weigh yourself a few more times to make sure it's settled on a final number and go from there. You may want to try a different scale as well just to be sure. Ultimately don't feel discouraged by this however, because it was only ever a number and your physical health and appearance haven't changed for the worse since last week.

OH NOOoooooo.

I think this is the best (and worst!) explanation.

I never even thought of this... maybe my weight loss was not real. Oh man.... Now I really do want ice cream, but that is not how to get a boyfriend. :(
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I know what you wrote but if you've ever seen an episode of Matlock you know that sometimes people's stories change when they're being questioned.

So, I ask you AGAIN. Did you eat or drink anything between the first and second times you weighed yourself? Were you wearing clothes? Describe them. We're going to find out what's going on, you don't need all these doctors that people are talking about.

This is very unpolite.

I did not eat anything ok.

I don't want to bager you but I believe you're avoiding the question. You've said that you didn't eat anything but did you DRINK anything? And you continue to avoid describing your clothes to me when you weighed the first and second time. Any sort of accessory could've tipped the balance, as it were.

I'm also beginning to think this is a troll thread.

I'm just quoting this because it's beautiful, I think I may get teary.

OP - sweetie, I think you should really just give up. Your body just wants to be fat, and it's not going to give up until it is. You can't fight it, it's nature. From now on, until you weigh 300 pounds you are going to gain 17 pounds a day. That's just how it is. I'm really sorry.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I love MFP!! I've been here for six months and lost 17 lbs so far!

Last Friday I weighed in and hit a new low, hurray me! The problem is that today I stepped on the scale and was 14 (FOURTEEN!) lbs heavier than I was last week. I couldn't believe it. I stepped on the scale again to double check the number and in that five minutes, I gained 2 (TWO!) more pounds! I didn't even eat anything!!

Needless to say, this is gross and disheartening. Of my 17 lbs loss that took me 6 months to achieve, I gained 16 lbs back in less than a week. Should I reset my ticker to reflect my gain? Could this be muscle? Water weight? TOM? Please help!!

I don't have a scale or weight myself but I saw a thread one time where people were saying change the batteries if scales seem to be acting strange.

The batteries were literally days old.

:laugh: I laugh because it is not possible. you have a broken scale. How could you gain 14 lbs in a week and 2 more lbs within minutes???? Nobody can eat that much or drink that much..... I would drop by your doc office and ask to use their scale for reference and get a new scale
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think your body was having an inflammatory response to the food and alcohol you ate. I can have wild weight fluctuations if I drink too alcohol or eat lots of sodium or eat foods that I have an intolerance--ie gluten, dairy, corn, sugar. Inflammation can cause excess water retention. Maybe that's part of your problem?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    You gained 2 LBS in 5 minutes? 7thousand calories in 5 minutes?? Call Guiness!
    :smile:
    Seriously though. Breathe deeply. Step away from the scale for a few days. Drink lots of water. Wait for your period, your ovulation, the sodiium bomb you ate etc. to work its way out. Keep exercising, and eating right. And don't panic. You got this!

(Then buy a new scale)

ummm this is just F'ing wrong on so many levels LOL

ovulation leads to 16 pound weight gain?
    ummm I was referring to the general picture.
    Ovulation generally causes a 2LB blip on my scale. Not 16. Don't be ridiculous. She had a 2LB brief blip. Or so she says (I think it's a troll thread, actually)

hmmm whenever I ovulate I lose two pounds....
    Lucky you?

This is completely true and kind of annoying that people keep saying it's a troll thread.

Thank you for suggestions about ovulations, I need to look at my app and find out what part of my cycle I am in.

ok confirmed....total troll thread...!
  • ndj1979
    Options

OH NOOoooooo.

I never even thought of this... maybe my weight loss was not real. Oh man.... Now I really do want ice cream, but that is not how to get a boyfriend. :(

If you want a boyfrined..sit on the couch and eat ding dongs all day...

you might want to change your scale to metrics...
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yesterday a drank a whole bottle of wine and ate pizza and other things.... I don't know what that equals.

I've read that starch in pizza crust has a ridiculous chemical reaction with the tannins in red wine (which is what I assume you're drinking). I'm not sure how this would affect your body, I just stay away from that combination all together.
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options

OH NOOoooooo.

I mean this is in the best possible way, but nothing you do or contemplate doing should ever be centred on a desire to get a boyfriend, or a fabricated aversion to ice cream. Ever! This is about you getting healthy, and you've still been doing that this entire time (the numbers may just be a bit skewed).
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I actually heard that if you combine red wine, ice cream, and pizza in a blender and drink it that you will go into starvation mode and then you will convert half of your body fat % to muscle. however, the downside is that every seventh day you gain 16 pounds...which re starts a vicious cycle...
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Whatever your scale says, if you actually gained that much in a week, the clothes that fit a week ago would not fit you today.
    As for a minor variation (2 lbs), that can happen over and over again all day long, every day.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What is your opinion on weight watchers?

Raspberry ketones.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    I actually heard that if you combine red wine, ice cream, and pizza in a blender and drink it that you will go into starvation mode and then you will convert half of your body fat % to muscle. however, the downside is that every seventh day you gain 16 pounds...which re starts a vicious cycle...

But only if you do it in a blender? Because I totally did not do it in a blender and so this should not matter.
  • rickyll
    rickyll Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking a poop before you weigh in? Sometimes I drop 5lbs from just one poop!!
    It's great.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriend is probably cheating on you and the woman he's cheating with weighs 16 lbs more than you and it saved on your scale when she used it. I would check his text messages.

Wtf? Seriously?
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The scale has been possessed. Only explanation!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

But only if you do it in a blender? Because I totally did not do it in a blender and so this should not matter.

-_-