What do you eat when you're starving but short on calories?

Options

Replies

• MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I try 2 eat half of whatever my calories are. If I go over my calories I try 2 burn more extra calories. I don't know if this help or not.
  • nonniArteaga
    Options
    Bump
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I find egg white omelettes with some veggies ti fil it out and a bit of fat like some shredded cheese. Proetein based food with some fiber (veg) and fat keep me longer. A packet of low sugar oats with a few berries and a tablespoon of PB or almond butter, or even a teaspoon. Things like that.
  • TurquoiseSky
    TurquoiseSky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i exercise to earn more calories
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jello. Yum!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    http://angiespopcorn.com/project/sea-salt-popcorn

for the poster who asked...I get mine at hy-vee. I am thinking any store you can buy healthier snacks should have it..

boomchickapop-seasalt-bag.jpg
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Fruit and/or tea/coffee.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I just have a cup of tea or a glass of water. If it's late at night, I just drink water and go to bed!
  • shadowfax_3601
    shadowfax_3601 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found that whole Kosher Dill pickles have little to no calories, no carbs, no fat. The ones I get are actually 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat. Although they do have sodium, so that may be an issue for some people. That and lots of water.
  • carmieg3
    carmieg3 Posts: 36
    Options
    Popcorn

same, I love popcorn!! I find it so filing, and I pop it from kernels on the stovetop, so I use a very small anount of oil and salt :)
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    1 dcl milk, 2 dcl water, half a banana, one kiwi, tsp of protein powder - around 150-200 cal and fills you up
  • HealthyNowForever
    HealthyNowForever Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    any of the following: carrots, strawberries, raspberries, oatmeal, greek yogurt. I also drink lots of water.
  • princess38_09
    Options
    fruits i would eat if i would be really really hungry
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I guess depends exactly how many calories I'm short.

I'm I'm REALLY short, I'll munch on some raw spinach or bell peppers.

If I have a little wiggle room I'll eat an egg or can of tuna. It keeps you fuller longer.
  • agape_45
    agape_45 Posts: 4
    Options
    For me to take off the edge, I usually eat a Quaker Carmel Corn Rice Cake - it's sweet, crunchy and only 50 Cal. Or I eat a low calorie snack pack by Keebler, again, sweet, crunchy and only 100 Calories. Make sure you drink plenty of water so it swells up a bit. And try not to wait until your starving, because then it's too easy to justify....For me I'll eat anything that isn't tied down when I am at that point!
  • anubhavsharma18
    anubhavsharma18 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg white, Carrot and Radish
  • Jeffbri
    Jeffbri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I cut a cucumber and munch on it.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello.