What do you eat when you're starving but short on calories?

Options

Replies

• JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I sometimes:

Take 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and put 1/2 c. frozen fruit (with sweetener)

Or

drink tea or hot broth
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I eat and go over then I catch those cals back on extra excercise at some other point in that week.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    To really feel full?

Protein on a tortilla.

2 ounces chicken coated in cumin and chili powder and baked, seared or grilled, some peppers and onions that I cook in the same spices and a touch of olive oil, hot sauce, fat free cheese very lightly sprinkled, a salad's worth of cilantro, and the la tortilla factory tortilla because those things fill you up. Each is under 200 calories. I ate 3 plus 3 extra ounces chicken and stuff without the tortilla.

Oh, and it's very healthy. Maybe even bordering on too healthy to be called a taco.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'll do baby carrots or broccoli. But honestly, it doesn't hurt to go over a bit (not by 500), but listen to your body.
  • vangberg91
    Options
    First of all: Never starve yourself. Then it is better to do some extra exercises. If your starve yourself your body goes to "starvation mode" and hold on tight to your fat depots. And that's the last thing you want if you want to lose weight :)

Eat varied and you will feel less hungry because your body is satisfied.

Drink your 8 cups of water everyday and eat vegetables as low calorie snack.

Remember sometimes the mind wants to eat because you are bored. Try to do something else in 10 minutes and drink some water if you are still hungry then eat something. Actually exercises will lower the desire for food.
  • Ajacobs848
    Options
    Dried seaweed sticks (Trader Joe's , or Annie Chun), the wasabi flavor is satisfying and you won't feel like eating anything :wink: else for a while.!
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Requires work: I make a huge pot of cabbage soup - yeah like the stuff from that old fad diet.. It is cheap, filling, and you can eat as much as you want.

Minimal work: Tomato soup - using V8, Snappy Tom, etc. Add a bit of herbs, some Parmesan, heat in the microwave and you have a really good tasting 'soup' that you can drink all day.

Neither one taste like 'diet' food, or makes me feel deprived. Depending on how you season it, you can change the whole flavor profile of both of them.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    SometimesI just sip a cup of hot tea or whatever you like hot to drink.
  • mitatailor
    mitatailor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Options hot choc drink
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal?

If you are truly hungry, eat. Going over for a day or two won't kill you. I ate 3,500 calories 2 days ago and didn't gain an ounce.

/thread
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    People who say "boiled egg white" make me cry:cry: there - see?:sad:
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal?

If you are truly hungry, eat. Going over for a day or two won't kill you. I ate 3,500 calories 2 days ago and didn't gain an ounce.

^This...if I'm hungry I eat. I try to make whatever I eat healthy though (with an occasional exception). But, I have heard that steamed broccoli helps with menstrual symptoms. Maybe have some steamed broccoli and grilled fish. That should nourish and satisfy without a crazy amount of calories and fat.
  • SaveFileCorrupt
    SaveFileCorrupt Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oat Bran - as little as 1-2 tbsp will expand in the stomach, and keep you full for a couple hours
  • yellowsun101
    yellowsun101 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Miso Soup if I'm craving savoury or an apple if I want something sweet :)
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a ziploc bag full of raw broccoli in the fridge always.
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    water, water, water, flavored water, raw carrot chips, egg whites with veggies! hardly any calories at all!!
  • Copaiba
    Copaiba Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Dried seaweed sticks (Trader Joe's , or Annie Chun), the wasabi flavor is satisfying and you won't feel like eating anything :wink: else for a while.!
    THIS!
    Or Roasted Seaweed Sheets also from TJs or Annie Chung. Love em.
    Also popcorn.
    Sometimes though and by sometimes I mean once a month, I just eat the carbs I NEED. Often a whole bag of tortilla chips. Then I wake up the next day, go to the gym and stay within my calorie goal as best I can as usual.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I eat SOMETHING. Cashews, pistachios, banana, or something with protein such as egg whites or chicken...Protein will fill you up more. Or even a protein shake with skim milk, banana, protein powder, and hersheys syrup :devil:
  • heatherdawn007
    Options
    I usually eat some kind of mixed nuts - almonds, cashews, lightly salted peanuts, etc, mixed with dried fruit. Just a little is high calorie and will fill you up with good fats and protein.
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Eat a fruit or a veggie...something that will fill you up. Try to always eat filling foods, not empty carbs. It will really help you not ever get to that point of starvation. Of course you know, children in Africa are starving, not you, lol. (Oooops, thats my mom talking!)