POP TARTS: More evil than we first believed!!!

Options
cmcollins001
cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
A 7-year-old Anne Arundel County boy was suspended Friday for chewing his breakfast pastry into the shape of a gun and saying, “bang, bang”— an offense that the school described as a threat to other students, according to his family.
The pastry “gun” was a rectangular strawberry-filled bar, akin to a Pop-Tart, that the second-grader had tried to nibble into the shape of a mountain, but then found it looked more like a gun, said his father, William “B.J.” Welch. -- http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2013/03/05/pop-tart-gun-suspension-seriously-folks/

Of course, after this heinous incident, the school felt it was necessary to send a letter home to the parents of the traumatized students offering counselling to those who needed it. http://reason.com/blog/2013/03/05/school-offers-counseling-to-kids-trouble

Keep those Pop Tarts out of the hands of children!!! Only responsible adults can be trusted with a Pop Tart...let alone the second one in the package!!!

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Wtf....? That's.....just.....wtf?
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    This happened in my area...it's ridiculous. Kids aren't even allowed to be kids anymore...it's ridiculous.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the topic title...if by "evil", you actually mean, "awesome".

I caught my 11- and 8-year-olds singing Bohemian Rhapsody this morning before school and gave them a stern lecture about the appropriateness of song lyrics.*

(*Okay, that's a lie. I joined in and sang along with them.)
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Well it is Maryland. That explains a lot.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WTFever
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    No thread in the history of threads ever needed a WTF gif more than this one. Unfortunately I don't have one.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    That's it. We can never visit the states again. My son makes guns out of Lego.:frown:
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm just glad nobody got hurt!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You've got to be kidding me. A poptart. A POPTART!

Wait is that two words? Blasphemy.
  • Sballard418
    Sballard418 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The only threat pop tarts pose is to our calories.....delicious little suckers....
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the topic title...if by "evil", you actually mean, "awesome".

I caught my 11- and 8-year-olds singing Bohemian Rhapsody this morning before school and gave them a stern lecture about the appropriateness of song lyrics.*

^^LOL, my kids love queen. My 2 year old asks for Killer Queen all the time!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Hey, that kid was just wrong!

That's not a gun, it's a stealth bomber . . .

tumblr_inline_mj1rwhe3vR1qz4rgp_zps647e8c74.jpg
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Oh and as for the poptarts....WTF!!! Its a freaking breakfast pastry! Its not like you could actually shoot someone with it and hurt them; you might get some filling on them but that would be yummy!
  • cmcollins001
    Options

553267_10151464365986749_918505003_n_zpse5dbca30.jpg
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Well it is Maryland. That explains a lot.

Hey...watch it!!! :tongue:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Crap! I just bought 4 boxes last night. I guess I better take 'em back, since I live in MD.
  • cmcollins001
    Options
    Well, we can't let this kind of reckless abandon go unchecked...before you know it, the court documents will include something like this:

Exhibit R:

6a00d8341d019153ef017c373c5472970b-320wi
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Did he have A CCP for that Pop Tart?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Looks like a hockey skate, to me. Kid got a game misconduct.
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Looks more like the outline of Idaho, if you tilt your head to the right to view it.