Things you hate people say about working out

Options
12346»

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    "Don't become obsessive!"

Um, so wanting to know what's going in my body and going to the gym three times a week is obsessive?

My new fav quote "Obsessive is what the lazy call the dedicated!"

Also, had a friend talk to me about exercise, she wants to get a gimmic thing and I was trying to come up with cheaper alternatives that you know, would actually do something! Every single thing she came up with an excuse. So I hate when people say they want to lose weight but will not do anything about it. At least own up to it!
  • SugarFemme24
    SugarFemme24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker who also says she wants to stay thick and can't imagine why I'd want to be able to see muscles. It's fine with me if you want to be a bit overweight, you don't have to justify it, but don't try to act like I am doing something to you cause I am aiming for a more aggressive goal!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Walking is not good exercise. Really? Go live in Africa for a few months walk as much as the farmers and merchants do from town to village and tell me you dont lose weight. I've never walked so much in my life then when I lived in Africa and the weight melted away.

I still think walking is like 80% of the world's mode of transportation.
  • missmike16
    Options
    people saying they cant do it and giving up.
  • franklinsmom
    franklinsmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "just stick with it...you'll start to get that runner's high". Yeah, right. I've never gotten that high. No matter how long I've been running!!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Don't use the treadmill....run outside!

Ya, if you want to move to Minnesota and go run with me at 4:30 am (today we had 7" on the ground with it still coming and 25+ MPH winds) in a snow storm or the entire month of January when the air temp is double digits below zero, and I live on the prairie so the wind never stops...please do.
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When a friend begs you to help her lose weight, so you take her to the gym with you, after waiting for her to shave her legs to impress boys, and then when you get there, she pesters you the entire time about:

"Did you SEE him?"
    "I don't want to sweat, what if he sees me??"
    "Do you want to go to BWW's after this?"
    "You shouldn't drink so much water, it will make your stomach bigger."

After that lovely experience, I do my workouts alone. :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    "When you stop working out like that, your muscles will turn back to fat." This little gem came from the weakest women I've ever seen.

I know that lady! She told me the same thing!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You can't...I can't...
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Talking with friends and they are so impressed with the results I am getting and ask me all about how I did it. I tell them and make plans to go to the gym with them and help them out. They dont show or only go one time. Next time I see them they start bragging about losing 3 pounds on some juice fast/cleanse/pill scam.

Congrats I am happy for you.

Two weeks later....back to complaining about their weight.

*shakes head*
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    "I want to spot tone"
    "I'm doing this diet to lose 10 pounds in a week"
    "So how long are you going to keep up with your 'diet?' "
    "Girls shouldn't lift, or they'll become to bulky"
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You can't eat that, you are on a 'diet'.
    Um yes I am making better choices, no I don't have to eat just a salad without dressing, give me the fk'n burger!