POP TARTS: More evil than we first believed!!!

Options

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My boys used to chew their sandwiches into gun shapes all the time. What wasn't turned into a gun was turned into a sword! Criminals!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hey, that kid was just wrong!

That's not a gun, it's a stealth bomber . . .

tumblr_inline_mj1rwhe3vR1qz4rgp_zps647e8c74.jpg

Looks more like the outline of Idaho, if you tilt your head to the right to view it.

that's what i was thinking...

Wait, stealth bombers are disguised as Idaho?! Gee, so that's how it works . . .

I was thinking couple more bites and it could be Louisiana!

And just a couple more bites beyond that and it could be breakfast.

(Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. Two shows Friday and Saturday. Don't forget to tip your waitress, but never over 45 degrees.)

hahaha! hilarious! But didn't you ever nibble your pop-tarts into some sort of shape when you were a kid?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Looks more like the outline of Idaho, if you tilt your head to the right to view it.

Wait, stealth bombers are disguised as Idaho?! Gee, so that's how it works . . .

(Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. Two shows Friday and Saturday. Don't forget to tip your waitress, but never over 45 degrees.)

hahaha! hilarious! But didn't you ever nibble your pop-tarts into some sort of shape when you were a kid?

No, I did not. However, I ate them the same way every time: I'd eat the "edges" off of the entire Poptart and eat the inside last. (I also ate Reese's peanut butter cups the same way.)
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The red filled like strawberry pop tarts get their color from red bugs. Horrid food.

If this was true, it would make red poptarts better. They use red dye #40, which is derived from coal. I'd rather eat a bug.

I thought Red 40 was made out of beetles?

And on a side note... what do you think we'll be eating if one of these apocalyptic predictions ends up being right some day? Bugs = protein.
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options

No, I did not. However, I ate them the same way every time: I'd eat the "edges" off of the entire Poptart and eat the inside last. (I also ate Reese's peanut butter cups the same way.)

I still eat my Reese's that way! that's when I used to eat them - now they're just too many cals to log :(
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

This last comment! Yes...glad to know I'm not alone.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    The red filled like strawberry pop tarts get their color from red bugs. Horrid food.

If this was true, it would make red poptarts better. They use red dye #40, which is derived from coal. I'd rather eat a bug.

And on a side note... what do you think we'll be eating if one of these apocalyptic predictions ends up being right some day? Bugs = protein.

My reference: http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/bugjuice.asp
  • bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The rules that schools have no are just plain ridiculous. They have really taken things too far. Here they have the "no sweets" rule but THEN have fundraisers at local fast food and ice cream shops. It's only ok if they are pimpin' your kids out to make a buck for the school. In my opinion we all must endure a little pain/sadness/sorrow in our lives to be able to appreciate the beauty of happiness, the way things are so delicately handled anymore will surely lead to an interesting future, indeed.

If be interesting you mean terrible, then i agree.
    My dad used to carry his squirrel rifle to school during hunting season, just in case "dinner" stuck it's head out on the way home.
    We carried actual rifles as props in the homecoming parade(they did make us remove the bolt. And put it in our pocket!)

When our boys were born, my wife didn't want them to have toy guns. I disagreed, but went along. Sure enough, one day in the yard, the two year old picked up a stick, pointed it at the dog, and yelled "bang". Now i'm pretty sure they own every model of Nerf gun manufactured.

When my boys were younger, I took them to see Santa at the mall. They sat on his lap, and of course he asked them what they wanted - both of them, without hesitation, said "A GUN!" I thought Santa was going to crap himself, he was really shocked. Nothing Santa said to them could convince them otherwise.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

My reference: http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/bugjuice.asp

Huh, cool.

My husband read somewhere that sometimes the term "natural flavoring" on an ingredient list (esp. vanilla flavored items) is actually some sort of secretion from beavers. Don't know how true that is... but I'm sure if beaver juice was going to be anywhere... it would be pop tarts! :smooched:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    The rules that schools have no are just plain ridiculous. They have really taken things too far. Here they have the "no sweets" rule but THEN have fundraisers at local fast food and ice cream shops. It's only ok if they are pimpin' your kids out to make a buck for the school. In my opinion we all must endure a little pain/sadness/sorrow in our lives to be able to appreciate the beauty of happiness, the way things are so delicately handled anymore will surely lead to an interesting future, indeed.

If be interesting you mean terrible, then i agree.
    My dad used to carry his squirrel rifle to school during hunting season, just in case "dinner" stuck it's head out on the way home.
    We carried actual rifles as props in the homecoming parade(they did make us remove the bolt. And put it in our pocket!)

When our boys were born, my wife didn't want them to have toy guns. I disagreed, but went along. Sure enough, one day in the yard, the two year old picked up a stick, pointed it at the dog, and yelled "bang". Now i'm pretty sure they own every model of Nerf gun manufactured.

When my boys were younger, I took them to see Santa at the mall. They sat on his lap, and of course he asked them what they wanted - both of them, without hesitation, said "A GUN!" I thought Santa was going to crap himself, he was really shocked. Nothing Santa said to them could convince them otherwise.

I'm surprised you weren't arrested.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    The only problem that I see is that the poptart was strawberry and not brown sugar. Epic fail, kid.

Valid point.

And if it wasn't frosted, then that kid should be expelled permanently. No excuse for an unfrosted poptart.

Unfrosted pop tarts are an abomination & should be removed from the shelves.

I'm not much of a "pro big government regulations" kind of guy, but even I could get behind this initiative. And if this legislation happened to wipe out those no-name impostors that would occasionally trick my mom into buying them instead of actual Poptarts, then so be it.

The off brands sometimes taste almost like the real thing! You leave your innocent mother out of this
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Lord, I pray to thee, force them to start showing "TRUTH" commecials about Stupid People.

Amen.

But the people coming up with the ads are the stupid people, so I doubt it.
  • smantha32
    Options
    The only problem that I see is that the poptart was strawberry and not brown sugar. Epic fail, kid.

Clearly you haven't had the red velvet pop tarts...

Cr@p. All this chatter is making me want to run to the store for poptarts.
  • smantha32
    Options
    Wat8.jpg?1315930535

my eyes are bleeding now.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Valid point.

And if it wasn't frosted, then that kid should be expelled permanently. No excuse for an unfrosted poptart.

Unfrosted pop tarts are an abomination & should be removed from the shelves.

I'm not much of a "pro big government regulations" kind of guy, but even I could get behind this initiative. And if this legislation happened to wipe out those no-name impostors that would occasionally trick my mom into buying them instead of actual Poptarts, then so be it.

The off brands sometimes taste almost like the real thing! You leave your innocent mother out of this

I don't blame my mom...I blame the evil impostor Poptart wannabes...which is why I'm okay with them being wiped from the face of the earth. Sometimes almost indeed.
  • smantha32
    Options

My husband read somewhere that sometimes the term "natural flavoring" on an ingredient list (esp. vanilla flavored items) is actually some sort of secretion from beavers. Don't know how true that is... but I'm sure if beaver juice was going to be anywhere... it would be pop tarts! :smooched:

You'd think that would be too expensive. Or it's an artificial lab created beaver secretion..but then is it still natural? And since when is ANYTHING secreted from a beaver thought of as a flavoring? Enquiring minds...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Clearly you haven't had the red velvet pop tarts...

Cr@p. All this chatter is making me want to run to the store for poptarts.

Have you gone yet? Failing if you haven't.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Oh and as for the poptarts....WTF!!! Its a freaking breakfast pastry! Its not like you could actually shoot someone with it and hurt them; you might get some filling on them but that would be yummy!
    no, that would burn. Ban assult pop tarts!
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I expected to see when I opened this thread, but this definitely wasn't it. I can't decide if I should laugh at the sheer stupidity or cry that this is what the world has come to.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I expected to see when I opened this thread, but this definitely wasn't it. I can't decide if I should laugh at the sheer stupidity or cry that this is what the world has come to.

Cry...most definitely cry...then laugh...wild uncontrollable laughter. Then, eat a Pot Tart in defense of common sense.