Snow!! Love it or hate it?

Options
12346»

Replies

• babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i grew up in the uk where snow was kinda a rarity as a kid. then i lived in south east alaska for a few years - the 3 record snowfall years at the time, and i loved it! though now i have absolutely no patience with people who panic at driving in an inch of slush lol
    i loved walking in snow, you know you've been for a walk after. and snow-shoeing at midnight (not safe at all) and shoveling off a 30x30 flat roof. free exercise, expecially when i left it for a week or 3 and the snow was chest deep on me - i'm 5'5...
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    We got about a foot of snow between last night and today. I don't LOVE it, but I don't hate it either. At least shoveling gets me out and working up a sweat. Kills my back, but burns a crapton of calories!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    love it for about a month then i'm over it
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    We get a LOT of it but I really like it. Since I don't tolerate the heat AT ALL, I need to live in a cold climate. I found it very depressing when I lived in Tennessee and spent 6 months in air conditioning.

BUT, I'm kind of sick of it by now and wish it would go away instantly. I'm anxious to get at my flower garden. I think I'll plant some vegetables this year too. :smile:
  • amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Love.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I don't know if I could live in a climate with NO snow (I live in Indiana so we get it all the time) but I'm an outdoors runner and I can't wait for it to be spring! Can't run in a foot of snow, you know!

You can with running snowshoes and Kahtoola Microspikes when the snow isn't too deep or it's icy.

I love the snow and cold. With the right gear, snow/ice/cold weather won't stop you from enjoying outdoor activities.

I've just began running so unfortunately, I lack this gear. Ironically enough, I plan on buying some when the weather gets warmer and I can drive again.
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Love snow! Wish i had more here!