Does diarrhea count as exercise???

Options

Replies

• jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    I lost 3lbs with a stomach bug , but put it back on once I started eating again
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Whatever calories you DO loose, make sure you eat back...or wait, or should you NOT eat them back?

Huh...

POOP!
  • Serena0327
    Options
    This is awesome! Thanks so much for the laughs!! Hahah :)
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    well knowing you can accumulate up to 5lbs of poop inside yourself...let's take the 5lbs off right away and just say you lost 5 lbs for sure ...

For exercise part....well that's a bit hard to tell lol.....
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    What about diarrhea of the mouth?
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i want to know why there is no category for tracking calories burned when makin' sweet lovins'!!!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Well, I did read that people who purge after binge eating (either through forced vomiting or using laxatives) only get rid of about 50% of the calories they just consumed at most (under optimal purging conditions). Take that for what it's worth.

Now, if you have diarrhea while doing squats, or in a sauna, I'm sure there will be a burn either way.
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When my kids had really bad diarrhea last winter I was concerned that they were not getting enough nutrients and the doc told me that food nutrients are actually absorbed really quickly in the stomach, the waste is what processes slower so you don't really get rid of the nutrients or calories when you're hitting the bathroom, but the waste product that remains - Diarrhea just speeds up the waste process!! However your body doesn't have enough time to absorb water when you are constantly running to the bathroom so be sure to up the fluids.

You might get some nutrients, but you lose other important things like electrolytes and fluids through the diarrhea also. Electrolyte imbalances are bad if gone untreated.
    Eat what you can, expect a loss of at least a few pounds of fluid (that'll probably come back once you're able to drink again) and drink plenty of stuff to replace electrolytes.
  • amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This has got to be some kind of sick joke..
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Just consider it a bonus. :sick:

ETA: drink more water to make up for the loss of fluids... :drinker:
  • andrea464
    Options
    i want to know why there is no category for tracking calories burned when makin' sweet lovins'!!!

Different amounts of calories burned- laying there versus being an active participant. ;)
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    If your squits are so bad that you're even considering counting it as exercise, you should probably stop worrying about tracking your calories for the day.

bwahaha but seriously.... this........bwahaha
  • andrea464
    Options
    OH!
    Maybe you can do lunges and squats on the way to the pooper. LOL
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Cripes I guess it depends on how many squats you do !!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Only if you are keeping yourself at least a half a mile from a toilet and sprinting each time you have to us it.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    But if you sweat while pooping, then that is exercise right?! Right??

But on a more serious note, I want to know why some "dieters" take laxatives as a weight loss thing. How does that make them lose weight?
  • kris_root_2014
    kris_root_2014 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wear a HRM!!! LOL!! You can definitely work up a sweat! LOL!
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    LOL, I guess it depends on how many trips to the toilet you make and how fast your running there and how far away the bathroom is from your couch, lmao!
    bahahahaha!
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Seriously?
    Uh, none? The food is digested. Even people who abuse laxatives know that they're not actually ridding themselves of calories... just fluid.

To burn calories, do squats while you're on the john. Or don't if you're the one who has to clean the toilet...
  • tasneem21
    Options
    LOL, I guess it depends on how many trips to the toilet you make and how fast your running there and how far away the bathroom is from your couch, lmao!

This.. lol!

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool